Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, May-25-02, 15:25
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 208/204.5/140
BF:
Progress: 5%
Default Anyone not lost 1st 2wks then lost?

Anyone gone thru not losing on induction in atkins for 2week start, then lost? Please tell me your story! I need hope.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, May-25-02, 17:44

Stats: 185/125/115
BF:
Progress: 86%

Lasthope,

Write down everything that you eat and check for hidden carbs! Do you take supliments which may have hidden sugars in them?

If you are eating deli meats, be careful because some do have quite a few carbs in them.

I have noticed aswell if you are eating a lot of cheese it may make you lose weight a lot slower. I've actually cut down on my cheese and it helped me get out of a stall!!

Also are you drinking diet drinks? I'm not quite sure who told me this, maybe I read it on a different board, but some of the artificial surgar in diet drinks will act like a sugar!!

There fore if you are drinking them, cut them out of your diet.

Let me know how you do.

Don't forget to your water!!!

Take Care,
Anik
  #3   ^
Old Sun, May-26-02, 01:03

Plan: Atkins-ish, post-WLS
Stats: 408.0/288.0/168.0 Male 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 50%

You've only been on Induction a bit over a week and I don't know what occurred between the "208 to start" and the 202 when you began LC. Most people seem to lose 10% of their excess weight sometime between the end of Induction and the end of the first full month. So for you that would be about 7 pounds. But most of that weight is water and if you shed the water weight doing whatever it was between the "to start" and beginning LC then it may be a while before your weight drops again.

But don't get discouraged! You ARE still losing FAT - the scale just isn't registering it for a variety of reasons. You may even see the scale go UP this next week. Don't get discouraged! That's very common as your body reestablishes a new water balance. I gained four pounds my second week. Just stick with it. Patience and persistence is the key. In a couple of months you will have almost certainly made real progress and will be very comfortable with this way of eating as a permanent and enjoyable lifestyle.

Keep the Faith!
  #4   ^
Old Sun, May-26-02, 07:52

Stats: 198/198/170
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default a month

LastHope
Just to let you know...I've been doing LC for a month and have lost no weight but have gone down a pant size. So perhaps you would be better off measuring. I know I still need to do that to keep up hope.
  #5   ^
Old Sun, May-26-02, 15:30

Stats: 288.4/259.2/220 Male 74 in.
BF:
Progress: 43%

Hang in there.
This seems to be the story of my life lately. I had a couple of weeks go by with not much changing in either pounds or inches and then, boom, a visit from the mythical Whoosh Fairy and I wake up 5 lbs lighter!
Then other two weeks of very little movement and, bam, another 4 lbs gone.
I have to add the universal qualifier, YMMV but I'd thought I let you know that others have had your frustrating experience and it can indeed have a happy ending!