Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Ireland
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Apr-20-05, 10:41

Plan: None
Stats: 224/224/154 Female 64inches
BF:
Progress:
Default Need urgent help and motivation please.

Hi,

I've been missing for a few weeks, long story. First my husband's brother died suddenly then two weeks later our next door neighbour and friend John died suddenly, what a time we had. I didn't fall off the wagon during all this but have now gone astray and find it so difficult to get back to where i was.

What happened over the last few weeks was that a virus was going around our town which made my sinus problem rare it's ugly head and i had to go back on meds, antibiotics and steroids, needless to say i'm back to square one.

I was doing so well, lost 22lbs in six weeks and never felt better.
The way i feel now has made me realise how well i was feeling, honestly.

I have only gained three lbs but feel bloated and find myself going back to my old way of eating.
I dread the thought of having to start induction again, can anyone give me some help with this please. I didn't go back to drinking Tea again, i only have two cups of decaf coffee daily so if i have to start induction i might not get the withdrawal headaches.
I look forward to some help please and thank you.

Brona.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Apr-20-05, 18:53

Plan: Protein Power/a la carte!
Stats: -/-/150 Female 66 inches
BF:Yes!
Progress: 49%

Hi Brona - Sorry to hear about the bad time you've had. Why not just go back to eating LC as you were after induction? If you stick to good food - meat, eggs and veg, no false stuff for a while - you should soon be OK. Drink loads of water and try to get in some walking/exercise. 3 lbs is not a bad gain at all - you should soon be feeling better.
Babs
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Apr-21-05, 07:03

Plan: None
Stats: 224/224/154 Female 64inches
BF:
Progress:
Default Thanks Babs

Hi Babs,

Thank you for your reply. I have started off good today so fingers crossed i will get back soon.

I have to make a decision whether to have my adenoids removed, i'm having problems, surgery and all that stuff will surely set me back, of all times, suppose it could be worse.

Brona.