Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > South Beach Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Mar-21-11, 14:12

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 233/209.0/160 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 33%
Default One week in...

Well, I am down 5 pounds! I havent lost in 2 days though, so I am getting a little nervous. I have stuck to the diet 100%, or at least I think so. I thought I would have more loss though, since I have so much to lose....hmm.

Here is what I eat every day...what do you think?

B 2 or 3 eggs (depending on hunger) scrambled with 1/8 c ff cheese, 1 slice canadian bacon and either mushrooms and spinach or glass of low sodium v8. Mug of coffee with 1/4 c 1% milk.

Snack Dannon ff plain greek yogurt (5.3 oz) with equal and cinnamon.

L: 1cup chili (homemade), small salad with sugar free lite italian dressing 1 tablespoon. This week it is 1 cup homemade split pea soup with ham, onion, ff chicken broth and water...it is fairly thin.

Snack: red bell pepper strips dipped in 1 tablespoon hummus.

Dinner: 4 oz protein (chicken breast, pork loin chop, sirloin, london broil) with salad (greens, cucumber, bell peoper, garbanzos, few olives, mushrooms and sugar free lite italian) and grilled or steamed veg like asparagus or broccoli.

Dessert: ff sf pudding cup or 1/2 cup lf cottage cheese.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Mar-21-11, 15:24
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch

Quote:
Originally Posted by javamel
Well, I am down 5 pounds! I havent lost in 2 days though, so I am getting a little nervous. I have stuck to the diet 100%, or at least I think so. I thought I would have more loss though, since I have so much to lose....hmm.

Relax! BREATHE!! its a long journey and if you're already nervous one week in, you'll never make it. Its going to work for you....sometimes it just takes time and a bit of tweaking. 5 lbs first week is just fine!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by javamel
Here is what I eat every day...what do you think?

B 2 or 3 eggs (depending on hunger) scrambled with 1/8 c ff cheese, 1 slice canadian bacon and either mushrooms and spinach or glass of low sodium v8. Mug of coffee with 1/4 c 1% milk.

Snack Dannon ff plain greek yogurt (5.3 oz) with equal and cinnamon.

L: 1cup chili (homemade), small salad with sugar free lite italian dressing 1 tablespoon. This week it is 1 cup homemade split pea soup with ham, onion, ff chicken broth and water...it is fairly thin.

Snack: red bell pepper strips dipped in 1 tablespoon hummus.

Dinner: 4 oz protein (chicken breast, pork loin chop, sirloin, london broil) with salad (greens, cucumber, bell peoper, garbanzos, few olives, mushrooms and sugar free lite italian) and grilled or steamed veg like asparagus or broccoli.

Dessert: ff sf pudding cup or 1/2 cup lf cottage cheese.

I think that your food looks OK. If you start a journal here and log your food daily....I can help you tweak.

Instead of focusing on FF everything, like the chicken broth, look more to keep your sodium down as that is a bit of an issue for most women...water retention. Low sodium broth is fine and better than FF.
You are not including any good fats as part of your meals.

Are you enjoying what you're eating so far?
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Mar-21-11, 15:54

BF:

Thanks! Yeah, I retain water like a camel so I buy low sodium everything so didn't specify lol! Otherwise I swell up so easily. I neglected to mention that when I scramble eggs or grill veggies or protien, I use a tsp of evoo for good fat. I should have put that in my list too...but I get between 2 and 4 teaspoons a day, I reckon. Also sometimes olives and avocado in salad, although avocado is pricey so only had that once (1/5 of an avocado sliced up).

I will try to be patient. I just see others losing more and worry I am going astray. But I am doing fine! Yay!!! Thank you for your time, Judy. So many people lurk but you take the time to give thoughtful replies...that has helped so many people. You rock!!!
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Mar-21-11, 15:56

BF:

Oh, and I love my food now. No cravings for bad stuff and I feel like my body is running well...a great feeling I never got from pop tarts lol!
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Mar-22-11, 07:50

Plan: my own
Stats: 253/176.0/153 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 77%

I think you're doing great! Realistically, you're not going to see a loss every single day and that's OK! Right now, I'm lucky to lose 2 pounds in a week, but that's fine. At least I'm doing it in a healthy way. Fast loss isn't all that great in the long run!