Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Schwarzbein Principle
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jul-28-08, 20:32

Plan: PP
Stats: 125/123.8/117 Female 5'2 inches
BF:
Progress: 15%
Default Your best snacks :)

Hello I thought It might be a good idea to post the snacks we like

One of my favorites one is plain yogurt (brown cow) with frozen blueberries and 4 to 5 halves of pecans.. it's delicious! with some carrots..
Other one... I enjoy a lot but don't do often is some raisins (2 tablespoons) and walnuts 2 oz with cheese stick low mozzarella, carrots.. they are easy to eat if you buy them peeled....
When I am on the run I have a fucothin bar... with carrots..or bell peppers..
If I want something sweet... I will cook any kind of whole rice with some stevia, and add a little of some nut butter and some protein...
I know we are supposed to have just one serving of fruit until we heal? and that needs to be on a snack not on a meal.
The good thing is that there are now many gluten free breads on the frozen section, made with different rices, or millet,
Other good snack is any kind of gluten free bread with a little bit of coconut butter (delicious like that or.. I mix it with some carob and stevia.. so it is like chocolate! .. mmmmmm) or...the bread with a little bit of butter and some turkey no preservatives and mozzarella cheese.. just delicious too.
Oh also another one I really like is this new corn mazing? that is the corn half popped betwen the grain and a popcorn.. very very good. You can buy it on health food stores. All natural..
or... frozen blue berries with a little of whip cream.. the whip cream gets hard, and I don't know why but I feel I am eating white chocolate... not to say that my girls really love it.
any suggestions? for variety
Thanks have a great day!
M.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jul-30-08, 17:40

Plan: Schwarzbein Principle
Stats: 210/199/180 Female 69
BF:
Progress:
Default two great snacks

first one is:
1 TBS of peanut butter heat in Microwave for 30 seconds, remove add whipped creme and stir. It is like a peanut butter mousse.

the other one is a handful of wlanuts with whipped creme stirred in and a sprinkle of cinnamon.

These two snacks have kept me off sugar and flour for two months, without missing them and I was a sugar addict!!
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jul-30-08, 17:56

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 271/269/154 Female 5 feet, 6 inches
BF:43.7/..../24.9
Progress: 2%

String cheese and SF jello. Handful of almonds, some jerky. Usually whatever's around and handy that's legal. Lots of times, I'm thirsty rather than hungry. So I try that first.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Jul-31-08, 16:16

Plan: PP
Stats: 125/123.8/117 Female 5'2 inches
BF:
Progress: 15%

Hi a1zookeepe thank you so much for sharing that sounds really good
What kind of cream do you use? do you buy the heavy whipping cream and prepare it yourself?

AZDweller thank you so much for sharing about the water, I try to do the same, always drink before eating I do the same with my girls, I know is not very good.. but I think it is a lot worse not to get the minimum amount of water.

I use organic Valley heavy whipping cream with the frozen blueberries and everything else. I also use it sometimes with tea, or coffee and some raw honey or stevia. My girls love it also with cooked oat groats.
Also cheese with a good carrot tastes very good! I love it.