Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Schwarzbein Principle
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Sun, Mar-19-06, 07:53

Plan: Schwarzbien principle
Stats: 157/154/140 Female 64 in
BF:
Progress: 18%

Hi Ellah-
I posted this on another thread but I think this is a good place too. I'm new to this site, so I'm still trying to find my way around...

I use the supplements that come from the Women to Women website. I ordered the Personal Program based on my symptoms and they sent me the supplements, prog. creme and the book. Just started March 16. I'm doing this because for 10 years, about 3-4 years after my second and last child ( I have 2 boys), I've had anxiety/depression problems especially around my period and am on Prozac ever since. I've tried going off twice, most recently from Sept 05 to Feb 06. The sypmptoms came back only this time with backache, acne, and tearful days. I think I may be experiencing perimenopause along with PMS now that I'm going on 47. I always thought all this was due to hormone fluctuations/imbalances so I'm giving this program a try. Plus my internist is after me to lose weight especially since for the last 2 years I developed high blood pressure (which runs in my parents) and am now on Lotensin.

It's nice to keep reminding myself I'm not alone and I'm not crazy!!

Anela
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Mon, Mar-20-06, 22:09
Registered Member

Plan: CALP
Stats: 198/183.5/165 Female 5'8
BF:
Progress: 44%

Anyone here ever tried Homeopathy? I use it all the time with our family for things like headaches to a bad sinus infection that my pediatrician wanted to give my son antibiotics for (the homeopathics cured it in one day-I never used the antibiotics

I am actually hoping to become a Dr of homeopathics once my boys get older. I want to specialize in women and children. Anyway, it's really worth checking out and you can use them for just about anything!! It's great if you can find a homeopath near you to use who can help you with finding the different remedies, but I usually just use a few of the books I have on homeopathy to determine the rememdies. Here is a description of what homeopathy is. Let me know if you want a short list of great books to use! I get all my homeopathic remedies from my local Whole Foods.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What is homeopathy?

Homeopathy is a system of medicine that is based on the Law of Similars. The truth of this law has been verified experimentally and clinically for the last 200 years.

Let's look at an example: If your child accidentally ingests certain poisons, you may be advised to administer Syrup of Ipecac to induce vomiting. Ipecac is derived from the root of a South American plant called Ipecacuanha. The name, in the native language, means "the plant by the road which makes you throw up." Eating the plant causes vomiting.

When a group of healthy volunteers took this substance to determine the effects of this drug, they found that the drug induced other symptoms as well. The mouth retained much saliva. The tongue was very clean. There was a cough so severe that it led to gagging and vomiting. There was incessant nausea. While it is expected that vomiting would usually relieve the nausea, this was not the case.

Such an experiment, using healthy volunteers, is called a proving, and it is the homeopath's source of information about the action of a drug.

Of what use could this plant be? If a person were suffering from a gagging cough after a cold, or a woman were experiencing morning sickness with incessant nausea that is not relieved by vomiting, then Ipecacuanha, administered in a minute dose, especially prepared by a homeopathic pharmacy in accordance with FDA approved guidelines, can allay the "similar" suffering.

Samuel Hahnemann described this principle by using a Latin phrase: Similia Similibus Curentur, which translates: "Let likes cure likes." It is a principle that has been known for centuries. Hahnemann developed the principle into a system of medicine called homeopathy, and it has been used successfully for the last 200 years.

next

Home | About NCH | Join Us | Contact | Site Index
Intro | Membership | Media | Research | Resources | Training | Find a Homeopath

National Center for Homeopathy
801 N. Fairfax Street, Suite 306 Alexandria, Virginia 22314
(877) 624-0613 (703) 548-7790 fax: (703) 548-7792