Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > TOF's (The Over Fifty's)
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Sep-21-03, 18:34
ragdoll

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:
Unhappy Good By Folks

I Have Posted On Four Different Thread, And Not One Person
Has Answered Even One Of My Post. Guess You Already Have Your Pals.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Sep-21-03, 19:27

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 244/220/170 Female 65.4inches
BF:
Progress: 32%

Sorry that you feel neglected. This board is made up of members who may not have lots of time to spend on the board. And the Moderators try to get around to all the posts and respond but we have families and jobs and are volunteers.

By the way, I did respond to at least one of your posts already - sorry if you didn't see it.

I see that you posted about 16 times in August and were involved in discussions, then posted the 4 messages you mention on Sept. 16. I guess that was a busy time for members who might have found your posts so they weren't on the board. As I mentioned in another post, buddies tend to develop over time as people discover similar circumstances and interests and ideas. Just asking for buddies to hop in and help isn't always the most successful way to find them.

Sorry that you didn't stay and post in other threads and discover the many wonderful members on this board. We'd be glad to see you if you come back.

Last edited by tofi : Sun, Sep-21-03 at 19:35.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Oct-15-03, 20:11

Plan: General low carb
Stats: 257/239/220 Female 5ft. 7 1/2in.
BF:
Progress: 49%

I'm so sorry that you feel neglected. If you come back- please stop by my journal. I'll answer you. Alice
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Feb-10-04, 23:46
I'm Losin' It

Stats: 190.5/190.5/150 Female 5' 7"
BF:ha/ha/18%
Progress: 0%

I under stand where you are coming from. I have asked several questions in the general Atkins forum and not really gotten an answer, then a day or two later someone else will ask the same question in a slightly different way and get lots of response.

I have gotten a lot of good though out of just reading and doing searches.

Please don't go away, sometimes I may read a post but I just don't have enough confidance to try and make an intelligent and informative answer. Someone else can always say it better!!

Hang in there and give us another chance, please?
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Feb-11-04, 09:43
I'm Losin' It

Stats: 190.5/190.5/150 Female 5' 7"
BF:ha/ha/18%
Progress: 0%

I realized after I responded to Ragdoll that it was a very old post. Oh, well I tried. . .
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Feb-11-04, 10:35

Plan: atkins
Stats: 220/190/160 Female 5'10
BF:
Progress: 50%

i only look at posts that are on the home page, i never take time to search by forum and i rarely look at the new post feature, so posts can come and go and i don't even know they existed! it's easy to overlook a post, but i never ignore anyone--it's just a matter of what looks interesting when things pop up!
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Feb-11-04, 12:15

Plan: general low-carb
Stats: 194/184/145 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 20%

I think one has to bear in mind that by the time we seek a forum like this, most of us are usually pretty desperate for help! It does not seem impossible for that help to not come in time for everybody. After all, most of us are just common people with a common goal...to lose weight and become healthy again. None of us here mean to reject anybody intentionally and that is what ragdoll appeared to think had happened. So sad to come to that conclusion when people did reach out!

Lindym, don't feel bad EVER about answering a post on here! We all were in your shoes when we first got started on here.

sjkling, I started out like you and now spend almost ALL of my time on the forums and in the journals! Need to remind myself to go back to the main forum and read things there! Thanks for the reminder...and...welcome to both of you!

Nance