Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Salads Veggies & Side Dishes
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Jul-04-08, 11:39

Plan: 1972 Atkins
Stats: 234/210/160 Female 5,7"
BF:100 % scary!
Progress: 32%
Default Stuffed Poblano Peppers

A great side dish to a cut of meat! My DH liked them so much that he passed on the baked potatoe I made for him!

A poblano pepper is a chili pepper. It's dark green and long. It is not very spicy once it is cooked off, just make sure you take the seeds out. If you are sensitive to the oil in pepper, wear gloves. My skin is very sensative to pepper oil.

2 poblano peppers
1 cup of your choice of cheeses, shredded (I used chedder and mozz)
1 cup of chopped, fresh spinach
Handful of cooked, ready-to-eat shrimp (if you like)
Tinfoil

To prepare the pepper, rinse them off and slice off the top. Dig into the pepper and remove the seeds and the veins. Rinse out the inside of the pepper and shake dry.

Throw all your stuffing bits into a bowl and shake it around until combined. Now stuff that pepper until it can't be stuffed any more. You have the choice here to either cut off the tip of the pepper or leave it on. The tip makes the pepper a little spicier as it holds in all the pepper juice. Wrap that pepper up in foil so that the stuffing doesn't escape and lay flat on a cookie sheet.

I baked mine off for about 20 minutes in a 400 degree oven.

Servings is per pepper:

Net Carbs: My estiamation is at 4 net carbs per serving. That also depends on how much spinach or cheese you put in your pepper.
Sponsored Links