Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jul-31-13, 23:26

Plan: keto/paleo with IF 18/6
Stats: 215.0/198.6/175 Female 68
BF:yes
Progress: 41%
Default Does anyone do SCD?

I was on it before Christmas, and I lost some weight, but more importantly my stomach felt better. But it was becoming so time consuming to make broth and I was getting bored with the selection of vegetables I could eat in December (vs summer squash that was fresh and grown somewhere nearby...). My teen was losing patience with having chicken every night for dinner too.

I had no support though. My nails and hair looked fab, I felt better, but had no one who understood about my health or could be supportive. And I would like to be supportive for others with stomach problems related to malabsorption.

Is there anyone out there who wants to talk about SCD or find a way to incorporate it into Atkins or some other low carb plan??

Mae
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Aug-01-13, 01:24

Plan: CAD
Stats: 148/144/120 Female 5ft
BF:
Progress: 14%

Tell me about it? I don't know what it is. I make an awful lot of soup, because its the only way I can stand veg
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Aug-01-13, 01:46
Forum Moderator

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by mardatha
Tell me about it? I don't know what it is. I make an awful lot of soup, because its the only way I can stand veg

From "Plans" on the top green menu bar: The Specific Carbohydrate Diet

Mae, I'm not following the SCD at the moment, but I gave it a try a few years back, in the hope it would fix my chronic diverticulitis. Alas, it didn't help at all, mainly because my div. seems to only be triggered by eating vegies. But if you have any questions, I'd be happy to give my point of view.

And it's nice to see you back here!
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Aug-01-13, 02:27

Plan: CAD
Stats: 148/144/120 Female 5ft
BF:
Progress: 14%

Arrrghh why can everybody find things and I can't!! I looked and the search came up with nothing lol.
TY !
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Aug-01-13, 09:39
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

I did it for a short while, until I realized it was essentially Paleo with extra fuss. I know FODMAPs can cause some people intestinal issues, but I don't think they do with me. However gluten, dairy, and possibly other grains, cause me intestinal (and other) issues, so eliminating them does make me feel much better.
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Aug-03-13, 18:47

Plan: Mine, all mine
Stats: 160/120/120 Female 5'6"
BF:still got some
Progress: 100%

My daughter followed SCD by the book for two years and it was a miracle cure.

She eventually found yogurt to purchase w/o the no no additives so that made it easier.

She is now able to eat basic LC and is following Alternate Day Diet to lose weight she gained after quitting cigs. BUT she did lose a lot of weight on SCD and ate pretty much everything on the lists to keep variety.

She stays pretty cautious because at her worst, she was not able to leave the house. And when she did, there was a stop at all the available bathrooms.

She consumes some 'gluten free' now items but can never return to SAD or any high starch woe.

Good luck to you.
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Sep-04-13, 10:41

Plan: Slow Carb Diet
Stats: 153.9/142.5/130 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 48%

If you are talking about the Slow Card Diet, I am a follower. I have been practicing for about a month and have lost over 11 lbs.
I am tired of the eggs but it is working for me. The lentils were hard at first but then I found an Indian restaurant that makes wonderful spicy lentils and Progresso Soup has a new lentil and andouille sausage soup. Great. My goal is to lose 20 lbs and this is the first plan that I don't find difficult. The one day a week off plan really helps. I pig out like nobody's business every Saturday!!!!!!