Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Mar-10-17, 17:36
Registered Member

Plan: LCHF - My own rules
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress: 41%
Default Getting Back on Track After Winter

Ahhh, things were going so well and then winter hit. January was especially rough with snow. So I created all kinds of excuses to not hit the gym after work Well for me personally, gym and diet go hand in hand. If one slacks, the other comes crashing down as well. But if I get one going really strong, the other gets going too. Also for me, I'm much better disciplined with the gym than the diet so....

Anyhow, this past week was spring break, the weather has warmed up to the 50's, I'm feeling more determined. When I initially started back in May, I did so with a friend. Without going into details, we've had a big change in our friendship, she's stopped the diet and gym as well, and can no longer be considered an accountability buddy. Where I was with my life back in May, I needed a buddy to really push me and get me back on track again. Throughout the last few months, I kinda waited on her for "us" to get back on target with the gym/diet and such. Over the last few weeks, I've come to realize more and more that this isn't about her. It's about me. And in order for it to really stick, I need to be doing it truly for me. The accountability and support is wonderful and the people that have been that for me over the years have been awesome. But as I look back, as they've no longer been that support system, things fade away. I've realized that I've never mentally done this for myself, I've never proven to myself that I can be in control without someone else helping me. Yet as I've reflected on that, I've felt much more powerful and in control. Like I'm really truly ready to take on that responsibility for myself.

I've spent 5 of the last 7 days at the gym. I've gotten rid of the junk I allowed back in the house. I've pulled out my food journals again. I'm up about 7 lbs (with PCOS I gain weight back easily and I've been up and down with my carb intake) and I'm ready to get that off and continue hitting things hard this summer when I'm off work again. But this time I'm doing it for myself because I want to do it, to prove to myself that I can have that control in my life. I'm the one making the choices; good, bad, or in between. I can't blame anyone else, or give the credit away to anyone. This time, it's my turn.

So my goal for the remainder of the school year is to get to the gym on Mon/Wed/Sat. To lay off the high carb school food and bring my own low carb. Will I be 100% perfect all the time? No, but I won't allow a slip to turn into 4 months off plan any longer.

Here I go!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Mar-10-17, 18:29

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 203/171/165 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Sounds like you are back on track! Yay!
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Mar-12-17, 06:36

Plan: Atkins (DANDR)
Stats: 290/141/130 Female 65.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 93%

Sounds like a good plan, Sara!
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Mar-12-17, 08:48

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/125/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 136%

Good for you!
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Mar-12-17, 11:41
Registered Member

BF:

Yesterday at the gym I did a 70 second plank on bosu ball. My record when I was going more often was 75 seconds. My running speed on the treadmill is faster than when I was going before as well. Not sure how that's working but must be partly due to my new determination.
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Mar-17-17, 17:01
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 160/146/125 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 40%

Awesome Sara!! You're going to see great results, especially because you're doing it all for you now!
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Mar-19-17, 09:04
Registered Member

BF:

Thanks!!! Now that I've been doing it pretty consistently the past couple weeks, I'm feeling amazing. My friend has decided to rejoin me, which I told her was great but let her know I was going to continue regardless of what she chooses to do. 2 weeks definitely makes a big difference!
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Mar-19-17, 11:07
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Plan: A'72 Induction Lifer + IF
Stats: 265/114/130 Female 5'4"
BF:Not so much now!
Progress: 112%

Hiya, sara!

That's great that your friend has decided to rejoin you! But you're right, if she stops again, that shouldn't affect how you proceed!

Wishing you much success on your journey to better health!
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Apr-03-17, 06:59
Registered Member

BF:

I am just 2 lbs away from getting back to my lowest from October!!!! Considering how quickly I put on weight and how slow I take it off, I'm feeling very proud of this accomplishment. Also that low weight only lasted like a day so I'm excited to get back down to it and keep going. Gym has been off and on due to weather here, but I had an amazing workout Saturday. The weather should be better this week so my bag is packed for after work today. Definitely in the right mindset right now. Love this forum for info and motivation!
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Apr-03-17, 11:43

Plan: Atkins (DANDR)
Stats: 290/141/130 Female 65.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 93%

Great work, Sara!