Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, May-11-04, 09:29

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 379.0/339.0/330.6 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 83%
Default Help Please!!!! I cant figure out how to get back on track

I need to major help I have fallen and I cant get up I have been away from this forum for almost 3 months and I slowly but surely see my clothes getting tighter and tighter............. I need some one to help or suggest any thing that will allow me to stay focused.... Now yesterday I had no breakfast, blt salad with ranch bacon dressing, and greens but today, Its like I go from a good day to a bad day.............. I have already had a pop-tart. Brown-Sugar ( of all flavors you would like I would try the one with fruit or something). Anyway will some one please help me??
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, May-11-04, 10:20
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins / South Beach mix
Stats: 163.5/163/125 Female 59.5
BF:WAY TOO MUCH !!
Progress: 1%
Red face I understand!

I know EXACTLY how you feel!

I am in that awful place also. But I WILL NOT give up totally! That would be the worst that could happen.

I have been "off the wagon" and wallowing since last Thanksgiving and keep telling myself I'll start again next Monday, tomorrow, after next week-end's dinner out, etc..... Doing this has caused me to gain back nearly all the weight I had lost! Which depresses me greatly.

I think we just have determine in our mind this is the day we will get back on track and become obsessive about it again. I remember when LCing was totally ingrained in my entire day.... I have slipped away from it.

I don't think there are any easy answers to getting back on track. Everyone has to get there on their own timing.

I would be willing to set a date with you and we could start back at it together if you'd like.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, May-12-04, 09:55

BF:
Default Would love to........

Mr. Pan, would love to have a partner in cime or out of crime whatever......... I just need someone I can talk back and forth with........... Now would the date of May 17, 2004 sound good to you??
  #4   ^
Old Wed, May-12-04, 22:39
Registered Member

Default Lettuce begin!

Sounds good to me! At this point I am happy to just HAVE a starting point again!

Hope you got the "Lettuce" (Let us begin). Sort of a "diet" joke of sorts!

Actually I am a Mrs. not a Mr.
I use peterpan as it sort of "goes" with my name, Wendy!

We CAN DO THIS!!!!

Shall we try to have the first week with NO cheating?!
Then we can work on week 2.

I must say.......I am getting excited!
  #5   ^
Old Thu, May-13-04, 08:25

Stats: 244/220/170 Female 65.4inches
BF:
Progress: 32%

Make a plan. Say to yourself that May ? is the day that you will restart your LC plan. Make it a day that fits your life.

Prepare your house. Toss out all the temptations and stock up with LC foods.

Those are the best ideas I've heard and they work for me. You know that you WANT to be back on LC, so get ready and make things as LC friendly as possible.
  #6   ^
Old Thu, May-13-04, 22:14
Registered Member

Tofi,

What a BEAUTIFUL cat!!! Is he yours? How old? I have a 17 yr. old neutered male gray and white (along with a 95 lb. black lab/chow mix with 4 white feet and chest).

Thanks a TON for the advice!
  #7   ^
Old Thu, May-13-04, 22:23

Plan: Controlled carbs
Stats: 218/195/150 Female 62"
BF:
Progress: 34%

....good advice. Make a date with yourself,get the house ready and just do it.
Remember how easy it was once you got on ketosis,think, you just have to reach that stage.
Always cook enough... that breakfast is easy to grab and run
Pene
  #8   ^
Old Sun, May-16-04, 07:11

Plan: akins, southbeach
Stats: 245/220/175 Female 5 feet 10 inches
BF:
Progress: 36%

I too am having a hard time..I was so gun ho last april 2003 and up to feb of 2004....had lost 45 lbs and have gained back about 20....can't seem to stop cheating...will go for several days and do welll, but then I run by the store and get cookies, bad stuff and eat the whole thing!!!!! I will even go by the store and get a 9 pack of cin rolls and eat almost the whole thing. Then I will be so angry with myself I throw the rest away!! Can't seem to get as motivated as I was....am really trying but need help....any of the carb blockers help anyone or is there anything to suppress appetite that is safe?
  #9   ^
Old Mon, May-17-04, 06:35

BF:
Default I know

I know but today I am very determined!! I have begun and I am ready to do this I have 5 of my girlfriends who have been doing great one just went from a 22 to a 16 and here I am gaining back what I lost at the beginning of this year!! I have to know that this is my life and the only way I can do this is without emotion, if I get sad, glad or whatever, I will just exercise or read!!

I will drop 10 pounds before June 17th.
  #10   ^
Old Mon, May-17-04, 17:33
Registered Member

Talking Day 1

Well, today has been a fairly good day so far! I don't think I ate anything I should not have (South Beach IS different than Atkins and less restrictive, so I am learning it).

I have to become obsessive about it to start again. I first did this with Atkins and it worked great. I basically write down everything that goes in my mouth (with the exception of diet Dr. Pepper/Diet Coke and water). I am also tracking the daily carb count/calories/fat/protein/fiber/suger and type of sugar!

I have talked with a couple more women at work. 1 is continuing Atkins and doing great. Another is changing to SB but on meds. Another is SB/Atkins combo and yet another is Sommersizing/eat only when hunger pains come.

So, there can be SOME discussion, but not a lot since there are so many different plans going.

How did everyone's day go today? Hope it went well and you got through it with flying colors!!!!
Now, onward to tomorrow!!!

Group hug to all
  #11   ^
Old Tue, May-18-04, 06:19

BF:
Default My offical Day 1

Was great I have been sleeping so much better!! I had a total of 20 carbs. I just need to get on the ball with the work out!! I am planning on working out today (2Miles WATPE) Leslie, I just hope I dont pass out Its been a while, since I have moved in to the 2mile thing, but I heard that if a person does not do at least one hour of working out then the body does not really benefit?? So we'll soon see.

I will also post in your journal, Have you heard from anyone else??

I am about to get to work, so I will be back later!!

Good Luck today!
  #12   ^
Old Wed, May-19-04, 08:40

Plan: atkins
Stats: 260/250/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 10%

Can I join you guys? I've been slipping ( and gaining for the past 6 months). Today I weigh 204, 12 pounds higher than my profile says. I'm back to basics and have decided that I just can't eat sugar alcohols. I can't stop once I start and then in addition to all those calories, eating the candy and bars increases my appetite. I need to be somewhere where I am accountable. Today is day 1 for me.
  #13   ^
Old Wed, May-19-04, 09:02
Registered Member

Wink Hi Fishie48

Sure you can join us..... anyone is free to do so!

Chantel30 and Fishie48 - I did not have a very good day yesterday. Monday I did great!
Yesterday I had some garlic toast I KNOW better!

I HAVE to be more determined! I really need to drop down to my last years lowest (17 lbs) by the third week in Sept. I would really LOVE to drop 23 lbs. by then.

Portion control is difficult for me also. A couple of weeks prior to that TOM I want to consume everything in sight! Not a good thing!

Well, I think having you both to chat with daily will really help me. Some days it has been hard to get on to the site, with work and all. But I will make it a point to be here at least once a day (either from work or home).

Fishie48, I agree mostly with the candy problem. I don't know about the sugar alcohol itself, but when I first found Russel Stovers Sugar free (not the more expensive Red packaged "Low Carb" stuff) I was IN LOVE! and boy did I eat a lot of it! Now I rarely eat it. I also have bars at home, but have not had any in at least 2-3 months. I will use them for emergencies, like tomorrow when I have to drive 2 hours to a training and am not sure what will be there that I can have.

This has been good to write this down. Thanks for listening! Today will be a better day! I brought salad for lunch!

How has you Wednesday been?
  #14   ^
Old Wed, May-19-04, 10:12

Plan: atkins
Stats: 260/250/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 10%

Peterpan, thanks for your welcome. Yep that's the kind of Russel Stovers that I can eat bags of. But no more. I'm commiting until the 4th of July to stay away from the packaged candy. I do well early in the day but after work and into the evening I am an eating fiend. I'm eating chicken salad and dill pickles for lunch today.
  #15   ^
Old Wed, May-19-04, 11:18

Plan: atkins since 1-21-03
Stats: 210/155/125 Female 5 ft. 3 in.
BF:
Progress: 65%

hey guys! i am signing up - i did great at first and for the first year then the holidays came and went and it has been real hard to be serious about lcing lately. i've been stressed quite a bit lately and that compounds the problem.

fishie - i too have regained 10 lbs more than my profile is currently showing and i just keep gaining it and losint it over and over.

i do fine all day at work away from any lurking carbs - at home at night is the one that gets me. i try not to buy carby junk but i have a hubby and kids and though i have been buying less and less of that stuff it seems i am trying to eat every bit of so the kids wont have to - ha ha ha.

the other thing that really gets me is stress eating - if i am having a problem at home or whatever (and it has to be pretty serious to really affect my eating) i find i have no appetite or if i do have an appetite i feel like i can not stomach anything low carb - i know this is mental - i know this is my brain or my cravings talking but i must admit sugar is like a drug to me and it seems almost impossible to give up at those stressful times.

peterpan - i agree when i first started i was so obsessed with lcing that i would even dream i had a cheat and then could not be sure if it actually happened or not. so i am going to go lc crazy.

good luck to us all!!