Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Mar-29-02, 04:14
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 148/135/110
BF:
Progress: 34%
Talking Just started Montignac

Hello, I have 40lbs to lose which has gradually crept on over the past few years. I'm doing the Montignac plan using his book. I 'd like to share with others dieters, on any plan, and I'd love to get any advice, tips, recipes and a link to a comprehensive Glycemic Index. I live in Richmond (upon Thames) in the UK.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Mar-30-02, 09:06

Plan: atkins
Stats: 179.6/179.6/144 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Hi

I'm not too familiar with the plan you're on, but that doesn't mean I can't say hi. You are going to love this place, so many friendly people willing to help and share. I've been here for about 3 months now. I had about 20 pounds to lose, the same 20 I lose every year (this time I'm actually changing the way I eat). If you add up all the weight I've lost over the last 15 years I'ld be -150 pounds. I'm going slowly at it, I've stumbled a few times, but I keep coming back because it is definitely a easier way of eating than other plans I've been on. Low Carb. works, you aren't starving yourself. I look forward to see you around, and here is to success.
Yours Truely Jo-Ann
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Mar-30-02, 13:17

Plan: Atkins-ish, post-WLS
Stats: 408.0/288.0/168.0 Male 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 50%

Greetings and welcome aboard!

There is actually a forum here devoted to your plan - but I don't think it is very active.

I know that most of us would be happy to have you educate us on the principles of your plan (your journal is a great place to do that because then you are also reinforcing your own knowledge of it and are providing a place that others that are interested can be referred to - especially if you use the plan name in your journal title).

As for the glycemic index, there are lots of on-line resources. Try this one:

http://www.glycemicindex.com/

I look forward to seeing you around the boards.

Cheers!
  #4   ^
Old Fri, May-10-02, 11:38
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 148/135/110
BF:
Progress: 34%
Default still shrinking

Hello

Sorry it has taken me so long to follow up, but I lost this thread!

I'm 10lbs lighter after six weeks on the plan and I am having no problem following it.

I am so determined to lose weight and keep it off. I think this is a good lifetime plan as it has two stages; one for weight loss and the second for maintenance, but both very similar.

Good luck with your weight loss as well.