Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Mar-02-17, 00:12
Registered Member

Plan: Loosely Atkins Diet
Stats: 272/253/220 Male 73"
BF:
Progress: 37%
Default Tired of forums/sites that try to sell crap

I am looking for a place where real people honestly share their experiences while Low-carbing. Most I have been on end up trying to sell cookbooks, push pre-made low-carb food, or pawn off horrible tasting recipes just because they are low-carb.

Hoping this place is different, but time will tell.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Mar-02-17, 04:03

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

Welcome,
Many of the members of this forum advocate "just Eat Real Food", particularly avoid Atkins bars and LC processed foods. There are weight loss ads between posts, but if you join as a member, one benefit among many is all the ads go away. http://forum.lowcarber.org/subscriptions.php
A recommended website is https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb No ads at all, much free content. A membership option is offered that supports and gives access to additional video content, no products mentioned except to tell you to avoid.

Many "real people" here, read the success stories for inspiration.
http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=86
http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=472345
All the best,
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Mar-02-17, 04:57

Plan: , LCHF
Stats: 259.6/222.4/130 Female 62 inches
BF:67.2/60.2/normal
Progress: 29%

Welcome, the only thing this forum is selling is healthy eating, help, and cheers
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Mar-02-17, 06:40
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Plan: A'72 Induction Lifer + IF
Stats: 265/114/130 Female 5'4"
BF:Not so much now!
Progress: 112%

Welcome, Fat man!

I agree 100% with eljohnw... this forum sells nothing but healthy eating, support and encouragement whilst following our LC WOE journeys to better health!

Wishing you much success on your personal journey!
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Mar-02-17, 08:37

Plan: atkins/LC
Stats: 275/198/145 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 59%

True - I've never really noticed an abundance of either ads or solicitations. In fact, you have all the different forums to visit if you're interested (recipes, exercises, etc). This forum is fabulous for 'meeting' folks that have the same issues, have faced the same problems and setbacks, and who have overcome them time and time again. Weight loss is never easy, but here you can at least do it among friends and those that understand what you're saying, and where you're coming from. We understand the setbacks, the triumphs, the picking-yourself-up-and-trying-again mentality. Because this WOE works - it's our heads that usually screw it up! LOL. But it works, we KNOW it works, and we're here each day, MAKING it work! Best of luck - I hope you do fantastic!!!
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Mar-02-17, 09:09
Boldly going...

Plan: keto
Stats: 410/298.6/225 Male 74 inches
BF:40/35%/17%
Progress: 60%

This is also how I landed here.

Was at another site that is not necessarily a sales site, but they either owned/were supported by/affiliated with a "nutrition" company. As a result, their policy was to not allow you to post links to any other sites because there could be an ad for a competitor company there. I told them where they could put their site and came here. Haven't looked back.

So Welcome! Paid membership here is an option, but the ads that come up in the middle of the pages don't really bother me here. I noticed them right away; made sure I was logged in, and then just kept on.
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Mar-02-17, 09:36

Plan: Atkins 20
Stats: 237.6/150/155 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 106%

Just adding my positive thoughts re this site. All supportive people, every question I have had has been answered. No dogma, no sales.
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Mar-02-17, 09:45

Plan: P:E=>1 (Q3-22)
Stats: 168/100/82 Male 182cm
BF:
Progress: 79%

Welcome Fat Man. Most folks here are really nice. I also think the Admins do a good job of "policing" the site to keep it positive and on-point. This keeps non-relevant, heated exchanges to a minimum - smooths things out for folks looking for answers not confrontation.

I have been censored here before for violating the TOS or guidelines. I don't necessarily agree with the guidelines for the censorship but I 110 percent support them for doing what they think is right.

I live with the inline adds. These guys need to at least make enough money to keep the site going. It's harf F'ing work, believe me, I know. I love being here and continue to absorb, learn and occasionally share.

Again, Welcome!
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Mar-02-17, 10:34

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 164/162.6/151 Female 5'3"
BF:Sure is
Progress: 11%

Posting advertisements is not allowed here. Rarely, someone will create an account and post a product or website. This usually happens late at night. I've reported them whenever I see them (once or twice a year) and the mods delete the post pretty quickly.

How to report a bad post, including selling:

At the top right of every post, you'll find a triangle with an exclamation point in it. Click on that and it gives you a report box. Easy.

Welcome and enjoy the site!
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Mar-02-17, 13:14

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/125/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 136%

We have awesome Admins and great folks here. Welcome!
  #11   ^
Old Fri, Mar-03-17, 05:32
Registered Member

BF:
Default Thanks for the welcome and info

Glad to hear all the positive feedback for this site. Also like that it is active. Will read through the forum and see what is up. Thanks again.
  #12   ^
Old Fri, Mar-03-17, 08:04

Plan: atkins/LC
Stats: 275/198/145 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 59%

I started out Jan 1, 2015 right where you started out. I really haven't been exercising, just minding my dietary intake. I'm happy with my progress, even though it has been slow, especially compared to some. But it's MY progress, and it is still on-going. This forum, and these folks, have been a big contribution to my success. I wish you lots of luck, and I hope you find the program, inspiration, and support needed to have a successful journey as well!
  #13   ^
Old Sat, Mar-04-17, 20:32
Registered Member

BF:

Thanks. Like you, I may not be worried about shedding ultra fast. I don't want major stretch marks and I am lifting and don't want to lose muscle.
  #14   ^
Old Sat, Mar-04-17, 22:34

Plan: LCHF
Stats: 210/178.2/160 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 64%

Fat Man,

if I knew about this forum a few years ago, my weight loss journey would have been over. Tons of information and very supportive people. I can't believe in May it will be nearly a year I've been LCHF. I couldn't have done it without this forum.

Stick around Fat Man!! You'll find it worth your while.
  #15   ^
Old Sun, Mar-05-17, 09:06

Plan: LCHF/ketogenic
Stats: 163/132/130 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 94%

You have found the right place. Welcome!