Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Feb-26-07, 15:04
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 165/143/120 Female 175 cm
BF:
Progress: 49%
Default i cheated but idont care

i have had this virus since sunday [its now monday night] and it absolutely took the life out of me. all i ate yesterday was a beef patty and some cheese and then i started to feel really really terrible. i could hardly walk, i had a fever, and a terrible sore throat and i woke up in the middle of the night feeling so weak and dehydrated. and my body and mind just told me screw the diet you need fast energy now. so i drank about a half litre of blueberry and cranberry juice, sweetened with sugar. i simply couldnt physically eat anything but i thought that my body just needed any energy it could to fight this thing. i barely slept all night with a fever, but upon rising thismorning, i just couldnt face protein and fat. all i wanted was fruit and soothing foods. i felt terrible, like death. so i force fed myself more bueberry and cranberry juice, had about half a tub of full fat bio yoghurt, an apple, and 5 dried figs, wih some splenda and vanilla essence. plus a lot of herbal tea.
and you know what i dont regret it because i listened to my body, gave it what it was aksing for and i actually felt so much better. i think i just needed a hug hit of vit c! and i was craving the cold plain yoghurt because of how it sort of soothes your throat as it slided down
i hate winter, i get so many bugs.
anyway, a few hours later i was feeling a bit better and i decided to get back on trak with the WOE, so i made a three egg mock danish with butter. i had another 2 eggs later, and im about to have a steakwith kale and cheese and mushrooms. obviously im feeling much better now. i think it must have been a 24hr bug.
anyway, has anyone elsbeen in a similar situation? i think the are times, rarely okay, when you so desperate for energy that a sugar hit is the only thing thats gonna pick you up. like times when you havesuch a bad fever that you can barely make it down th corridor to bathroom without fainting. and if i do say so myself i think made some pretty okay high carb food choices there.
so any feedback???
thanks guys
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Feb-26-07, 15:08

Plan: 30 or less daily
Stats: 232.2/214.4/169 Female 68
BF:[url=http://www.Ti
Progress: 28%

I feel you have to do what is right for you. I've been battling sickness myself for roughly 3 weeks now. I started craving fruit which I too believe was my body screaming for vitamin C, so I had dh purchase a bottle and double up on it a few days. Shortly thereafter my cravings subsided and I started feeling better. At least you chose some good carbs!

Cissie
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Feb-27-07, 04:13
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 165/143/120 Female 175 cm
BF:
Progress: 49%

well guess what i weighed myself this morning and ive actually lost roughly 1.5 kgs since last week. nuts!! i don't know anything about the way the body works during sickness, but i guess what all this means is that your energy needs are sometimes very different in times of emergency and extra strain on the system.... man i still feel like shit thouhg. im going to the quack today. i kept waking all night with sweats, and i still can hardly swallow. i think i have an infection and i think im going to need anti biotics. :::groans:::