Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#316   ^
Old Sun, May-16-04, 16:28
{{{Kickin Ash}}}

Plan: Atkins 1972
Stats: 223/190/160 Female 5ft8
BF:OUT OF CONTROL
Progress: 52%

Welcome to the forum Lubell

Angel
Sponsored Links
  #317   ^
Old Tue, May-18-04, 14:59

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 283/283/140 Female 5 ft 3 in
BF:
Progress:
Smile Thanks

Thank you for the welcome and the tips. I will try to get my journal started tonight. I'm gonna browse around a while and see if I can get the hang of things.
  #318   ^
Old Thu, May-20-04, 10:49

Plan: induction
Stats: 206/200/130 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress:
Default New

Hi, I am new to this forum.. I registered yesterday, and each time I attempt to look at a picture it tells me I am not registered, I emailed a response back to the ones who gave me my activation code and such, and they replied with illrelevent information if anyone can advise me , my email address is fearlies~hotmail.com... as I have a difficult time viewing some forums, because they also tell me I am not registered
  #319   ^
Old Thu, May-20-04, 12:55

Stats: 196.8/186.6/135 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress:

For everyone who starts out fast, such as losing 10 pounds in 10 days, and then stalls out....just hang in there! I've been stalled for 3 weeks and have just started losing again this week. Don't quit, it just takes your body a bit of time to adjust.
This is a great website for support and information. The recipes are wonderful and have really helped me stick to induction for an extended period of time. Things are on track for me and will be for all of you if you just stick to it. Good luck all!!!!
  #320   ^
Old Thu, May-20-04, 13:01

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 203/186/145 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 29%

RIcki,
Thanks for saying that..it was just what I needed to hear. I lost 12 pounds in the first 7 days and was thinking today...when will it be more??!!
Thanks again!
  #321   ^
Old Fri, May-21-04, 10:58

Stats: 164/162/128 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress:
Smile

Newbie here
Hello
Thanks for all the info.and warm welcome !
I will have to look into starting that Journal.
  #322   ^
Old Fri, May-21-04, 12:48

Stats: 196.8/186.6/135 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress:

I honestly don't think I could get by without the cheese cake pudding or the mock danish (I make mine chocolate..mmmm)!
On another note, I checked out your gallery...wow shaerona where do you live? It's beautiful!
I live in Phoenix, so I get excited over anything that requires water for growth. My husband loves it here, but I think the rest of us much prefer snow country.
  #323   ^
Old Sat, May-22-04, 23:04

Stats: 246/231/160 Female 60''
BF:
Progress: 17%
Thumbs up introduction

Hello to everyone! I am in my 8th day of induction and am feeling better and better each day. I have fought this battle my entire adult life, and am amazed to see how carbohydrates controlled me. I am no longer craving the carbs, yet I know all to well, that I am at a crossroads now and I am scared as hell. Thanks to everyone who contributes their stength, hope and advise. Lizzybaby49
  #324   ^
Old Mon, May-24-04, 01:50

Plan: Atkin's
Stats: 360/300/160 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress:
Unhappy Plateau?

:rolleye s:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlaine
Hi there and welcome to the forum!!

It's a New Year and we expect to see a lot of new members joining the forum. I know from personal experience that it takes a little while to get the hang of how the forum works, but the good news is that people around here tend to be very helpful.

#1 Tip: Start a journal!! There are lots of good reasons for this, but the main one is that it's a place for you to ask your questions and for the rest of us to visit you and share information and encouragement. Expect to have visitors to your journal...folks who want to give you a helping hand! Details on how to do it can be found here: http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...&threadid=34155

#2 Tip: Use FitDay.com When you track your food on FitDay, you can be sure that you are eating the right amount for you and it makes keeping track of the carbs a lot easier! Details on how to do it can be found here: http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...&threadid=38343

#3 Tip: Pick just one LC Plan and make the book on it your bible! The best way to make LCing work for you is to select a single plan and follow it to the letter. If you are "sorta" on a plan, those are the results you will get: "sorta". If you are doing a "mixture of plans" then that's the degree of success you'll have. If you haven't already chosen a plan, you can find plan comparisons that should help you decide, here: http://www.lowcarb.ca/atkins-diet-a...lans/index.html

#4 Tip: Travel around the forum! Read, read, read and then read somemore. Lots of the questions you have, have already been answered and the forum has a very good accumulation of useful information for anyone doing LC. Poke your nose in all over the forum and I know that you will find lots of helpful and like-minded folks who will be happy to give you a helping hand.

I hope that these few tips will help you to succeed with LCing and I will look forward to following your successes in your journal!

Wishing you the best LC and weight loss year of your life!

Marlaine
  #325   ^
Old Mon, May-24-04, 11:54
Registered Member

Stats: 267/240/160 Female 5' 8"
BF:
Progress: 25%
Default newbie

Good Day Everyone reading this,
I am now on Day 3 of the Atkins and having a difficult time finding my way around the boards. I suppose it will be a SNAP in time.
Thank you for the tips, I shall attempt a journal.
  #326   ^
Old Mon, May-24-04, 22:40

Stats: 119/119/98 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 0%

hello everyone. Doing atkins again to get my hypoglycemia back in check and to get rid of the pouchs forming on my legs and stomach.
  #327   ^
Old Tue, May-25-04, 15:35

Stats: 246/231/160 Female 60''
BF:
Progress: 17%
Lightbulb hanging in

Hi everybody! Today is day 9, and wow these days are really flying past ....each day gets easier. I never really comphrended that for my entire life,....It was the carbs! I have fought this battle my entire 49 years. I even failed at a bypass surgery!!! I am grateful to be alive to even say that I failed that attempt. I am very excited about my new adventure. One day at a time...,meal by meal.....we can do this, I can do this.....Lizzbybaby

Last edited by Lizzybaby : Tue, May-25-04 at 15:36. Reason: typos
  #328   ^
Old Tue, May-25-04, 15:38

Plan: protein power
Stats: 146/146/125 Female 5ft. 4 in
BF:
Progress:
Default New here!

Hello! I am new here. I am a bit unsure of the way around, but I will try. I have been lc-ing for years off and on. I had my third child 15 months ago and have been on and off with a few plans. I am nursing, so I have been limited as far as how low I can go. I am looking to wean soon, hopefully. Until then, I am going to start Protein Power. The 55 carbs a day plan. It has worked well for me in the past. I lost a bit of weight before getting pregnant (isn't that the way it goes) and now have about 15-20 lbs. to lose. I am really looking for accountibility. It's harder this time around and I am sick of this weight. So, there's the scoop on me. I really like this so far. I have been an observer for some time. It's time!!
  #329   ^
Old Tue, May-25-04, 19:53

Plan: Dr Atkins
Stats: 204/160/138 Female 153
BF:
Progress:
Default Hello

Boy, am I glad I found this website. I've be low carbing for a looooooooongggggggggg time. Recently I have been very naughty during my 6 week long vacation. Need to desperately loose another 10 kgs and yes you guessed right, it's a very uphill battle now. Earlier it was soo easy to loose weight but I understand, I've lost on my 1 golden chance (as others suggest) . Any tips to break this will be much appreciated.
  #330   ^
Old Wed, May-26-04, 00:20

Plan: atkins
Stats: 160/154/135 Female 69
BF:
Progress: 24%

hi thanks for your help!