Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Australia / New Zealand
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Fri, Oct-14-05, 23:48
Faux-foods=Doh!Foods

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 216/180/154 Female 168cm
BF:
Progress: 58%

Hmmm Lindt choc is on special at Coles this week. I bought one of the 70% and one of the 85% choc. I hadn't tried either before. Ewwwww....

I tried the 70% first, very cocoa and then am eating the 85% now. ... not good. Maybe I've been spoilt already? I guess this stuff does serve its purpose though - it will satisfy those cravings AND not make you crave it again any time soon lol

I wonder what the caffeine levels are like ...

Anyway, I think it's back to Empower after I've finished these (they're not going to waste surely lol)

e
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sun, Oct-16-05, 16:26
Say cheese!

Plan: Carb'n negative + IF
Stats: 123/106/111 Female 163
BF:
Progress: 142%

The 70% cacao chocolate is definitely an acquired taste but now I doubt I would ever want to eat anything else. The intense flavour means you only need a little to be satisfied. The Lindt seems to be permanently on special in Perth at either Coles or Woolies.....I figure it's one of their loss leaders.
  #18   ^
Old Sun, Oct-23-05, 00:54
Faux-foods=Doh!Foods

BF:

Loss leaders? Sorry, not familiar with that term.

I bought the 70% AND 85% cocoa chocolates. I thought the 70% was an aquired taste until I tried the 85%. I then had some more of the 70% (was eating bits of each to compare) and it seemed so sweet! Lol it's amazing how the taste buds work sometimes. Anyway, I agree it's good stuff and only requires a little to be satisfied which is wonderful.

e
  #19   ^
Old Sun, Oct-23-05, 00:59
Say cheese!

Plan: Carb'n negative + IF
Stats: 123/106/111 Female 163
BF:
Progress: 142%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsheets
Loss leaders? Sorry, not familiar with that term.

Most supermarkets sell certain products at a loss just to get people into their store.
  #20   ^
Old Mon, Oct-24-05, 02:21

Plan: paleo/atkins
Stats: 134/134/127 Female 172
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hi, in France I found 99% chocolate - pretty amazing, my partner couldn't eat it. I liked it combined with somke 85%. Here in Auckland, the best I can find at a reasonable price is cooking chocolate at 70%. Tasted better than you'd expect, but too sweet for my now re-educated palate.
  #21   ^
Old Mon, Oct-24-05, 04:32
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins/Southbeach twist
Stats: 155/145/120 Female 166 centimeters
BF:AussizeS18/C14/G10
Progress: 29%

I heard that you can get the Lindt 99% chocolate in Denmark too, and it is really really bitter - if you thought the 85% was pretty rich, then the 99%...

If sugar alcohols don't affect you, I managed to find some low-carb chocolate that has 3g net carbs for the whole block of dark chocolate and 9.3g net carbs for the whole block of milk chocolate. There are 24 squares in each block, so that means 0.125g carbs for each square of dark choc and 0.388g for each square of milk choc.

I usually buy this chocolate from IGA in North Sydney. IGA is a little pricier - they sell it for $5.99 per block.

#22   ^
Old Wed, Oct-26-05, 05:02
Faux-foods=Doh!Foods

BF:

Hmmm those chocolates look interesting, I'll have to take a look around and see if they sell it anywhere I go. So far I haven't seen it but I can't say I've ever scoured the chocolate isles hehehe

Have you tried the Empower brand? Malcolm actually put me onto them a while ago and I've never looked back. Their chocolate is soooo good. It's milk tho and I know it has 1g carbs per line but not sure how many lines in a block. I get them $4 each online or $5.20 at my local shop when I'm desperate lol (anyone hear TOM a mile off? :lol

Zedgirl, thanks for that clarification. I'd never really thought about that. I guess cat food would have to be one of them, because I just cruise around a diff shop each week looking for the one that has cat food on special

e
  #23   ^
Old Thu, Jun-11-09, 07:42

Plan: -----------------
Stats: 151.5/148.0/132 Female 161cm
BF:Do I dare find out
Progress: 18%
Default Parramatta Sydney - IGA

IGA express store in Parramatta Sydney in the mall nex to the train station) sell the Lindt 85% bars - various sizes, can't remember the exact price but not too bad, around $2-$3. I bought some for the first time today and did NOT like it at all. Only had one small bite so what a waste now..
  #24   ^
Old Tue, Feb-28-12, 16:48

Plan: Taubes
Stats: 198/140.5/132 Male 156cm
BF:
Progress: 87%

After reading this thread I bought the Lindt 85% chocolate to try it. It is not what I think of when I think of chocolate ... you know, its not Cadbury Dairy Milk sort of thing ...

It comes in 100g packs, 19.9g of carbs per 100g. There are 10 squares in each pack, so approx 2g per square. One (maybe two) squares with a cup of tea or coffee for a treat has been working for me. I don't think I would want any more than that. Its a different taste to what I think of as chocolate, very different. I'll be buying it again.