Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Cholesterol, Heart Disease
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Tue, Nov-18-08, 09:28

Plan: atkins
Stats: 225/205/185 Male 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 50%
Default blood tests=increase in Cholesterol - HELP

Hello, this is my first ever post...I am freaked out that my Cholesterol went up from 213 to 239 on Atkins...I just my new blood tests back and was very dissapointed...background on me = male, former athlete, exercise frequently ( even before atkins) ...45 yrs old...on atkins for 9 weeks...lost 25 lbs...225 to 200 ...exercise 6 days a week 45 minutes cardio/day...

stats pre-atkins total cholesterol 213 = LDL 148, HDL 44, triglycerides 110
after atkins total cholesterol 239 = LDL 169, HDL 57, Triglycerides 66...
i am religious about logging in my food intake...I average about 1700 cals/day...and ~ 28-23 net carbs/day

Very upset with these results as this is the only diet that has worked for me and I would prefer to alter it than quit it...
Should I cut out the Eggs and have just the whites?
Should I cut out the Cheese?
Should I cut out the Steak?

please give me some ideas, or assistance as i am ready to quit and go back to the oatmeal and high fiber diet that had me at 213 Total cholesterol...but 25 lbs heavier...
thanks
Sponsored Links