Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#91   ^
Old Tue, Oct-03-17, 10:40

Plan: Atkins 72 induction
Stats: 225/125/125 Female 5"8
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hello dear warriors,

De... so glad you checked in my prayers are with you and all of our Vegas Americans as we rise from this horrific moment in time. No words can console in this dark time ! I feel like yesterday we reached rock bottom and hopefully we can rise up as one voice human and America’s and stop this hatred!

No answers just so happy that You De are safe and your family also!
Sponsored Links
  #92   ^
Old Tue, Oct-03-17, 10:49

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

The entire world is pure insanity. Old days you never knew what happened somewhere else but in a flash, as it is happening we see all, know all and have to react to all....I swear this puts additional pressure on a person to not notice/care/give in to true feelings, cause if we do, we almost can't take it anymore! Just thoughts and the crazy of this world now is mind numbing to me and the sad is big and true!

HI ALL
easy day
did this and that
hit dollar store and saved big bucks on stupid spending lol

had fun with dog in back yard, fed goats and just cruising thru this day....some chores but easy ones cause I do not want to go overboard today....I want easy more and more and make sure my life is just that

while the world now is SO global and it all is OUT there on an in your face basis all the time, I adopt the fact I must focus on me, here, family friends and local situations cause I can't change the world but if I do my part in the local of it all, it might change something bigger? Well that is all I can do kinda?

great day all
  #93   ^
Old Wed, Oct-04-17, 06:12

BF:

Nice trip to the dollar tree store. I buy alot of stupid things there that I will never buy bigger retail at the store
Spent 70 but at the real store it would be like $140 or more so I did well on saving. I tried their $1 a jug fabric softener, omg it is SO good, beats the heck out of any of the expensive ones and I love it so I bought 15 of them and stocked up. Plus I water down fab softener in the wash cause I only like a very little bit in there...don't like alot, makes the clothes seem 'greasy/oily' feel to them...so I am set for a very long time on that in the pantry

Nothing doing, got laundry going now.
will do sheets, blankets, pillow cases etc in a bit.
Time to get all that handled.

Will do a walk somewhere, nice and COLD outside but will warm up and when it does doggie and I will go off....might just loop thru my own horse pastures with the dog...the high grass makes it like a total adventure to him and tires him out with chasing mice in the tall grass LOL

usual junk to do and am just doing it

everyone have a fine warrior day!
  #94   ^
Old Wed, Oct-04-17, 15:29

BF:

Hello dear warriors,

How is everyone doing today?

Karen... I hear you on the dollar store. I can always find something to but there! I have to be very strict!
I hear you on our crazy world and agree can only control your tiny portion of your world. I just thank god every night that I was given the day and pray for another day! I have been hugging my family just a little longer these days!
Have a wonderful Wednesday and take care of yourself!
  #95   ^
Old Thu, Oct-05-17, 03:40
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Plan: A'72 Induction Lifer + IF
Stats: 265/114/130 Female 5'4"
BF:Not so much now!
Progress: 112%
Smile Thursday, 5 October 2017

Happy Friday Eve, WARRIORS!

Wishing all of you a totally terrific day in every single way possible!

Stay WARRIOR Strong!

Awww so looking forward to the 3-day w/e coming up! It will be here before I know it b/c my days at school are flyin' by crazy fast!

Carb-Free Food for Thought:

"The food you eat can be either the safest and most powerful form of MEDICINE or the slowest form of POISON!"
~ Ann Wigmore

Onward and DOWNWARD, WARRIORS! We've GOT THIS! Woot! Woot!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Karen:
Quote:
while the world now is SO global and it all is OUT there on an in your face basis all the time, I adopt the fact I must focus on me, here, family friends and local situations cause I can't change the world but if I do my part in the local of it all, it might change something bigger? Well that is all I can do kinda?
I totally agree with you on you can do your part locally and your focus is on your family and friends etc. That's an excellent attitude to have!

There's not much we can do to protect ourselves from the crazy/insanity that happened in Vegas...

We just have to be hyper focused and vigilant of our surroundings, etc... We just can't become paralyzed by events like that or the bad guys win and make us hide & cower in our homes too afraid to venture out! KWIM?

And all this nonsense about gun control every time something like this happens... give me a break!

Guns don't kill people, people kill people... If we had a total ban on guns, bad people would STILL find a way to acquire them or use another method to kill each other... okay enough of my rant...moving on....

Anyhoo...
Sounds like you made a killin' at the Dollar store!

Gees, I can't believe the prices of laundry soap, toilet paper, etc in the regular stores!

I go to the Dollar stores every once in a while to stock up as well since I HATE to shop! And why pay regular prices when you can get a real bargain and save some serious $$$!!!

Imma all about saving serious $$$ as you well know!

Berni:
Quote:
I just thank god every night that I was given the day and pray for another day! I have been hugging my family just a little longer these days!
I totally agree!

As for hugs to family, mine are all virtual at the moment.

De:
Hope you're doing well, my friend!
  #96   ^
Old Thu, Oct-05-17, 06:25

BF:

LOL Bernie I have to watch what I grab, I tend to be an impulse buying 'if the deals seem great' so I watch myself also....but when I go there I get ALOT of the same thing, for the pantry, so I DO NOT have to go again any time soon HA

If I croak soon hubby can do laundry, dish soaps, body hygeine supplies etc for about 10 yrs if he conserves LOL nah, not that long, but very long You know me, the prepper type and it is hard to get that out of my blood actually

Yea JO gun control means nothing if the BAD people decide to do what they want they will.

it is funny cause I watch this British detective show, and they do not carry guns. If bad situation arises they 'call for swat with guns' to the scene...like by then ya are dead you know cause the bad guys have the guns and the police don't...WTH? And what is funny in the show the detective finds the bad guy--who has the gun--and has to run for his life. Being shot at while running and he is an older guy who is damn near having a heart attack running from the bad guy....I mean come the heck on here...do we see something wrong with this picture? You could pay me millions per year to be a cop but with no firepower what the heck good is it? The bad guys always have them, and even with gun control they will have them, but the good guys won't have them...again, problem here!! UT OH ya got me started....

Hubby finished 5 days...12 hrs. He is brain dead. Off to his mom's to meet survey guy to handle some land property survey for her.....then off to CVS to pick up back drugs....then off to food store to get a few supplies for his trip.....then home to PACK (a big one with his hunt stuff) and then off on a 4 hr drive to his hunt cabin...........omg he will be dead. He just goes and goes on who knows what anymore....guy is so dead and tired but won't stop....scary cause I swear a heart attack will stop him and it worries me he goes too far on his health...but ugh don't go there right!!

thinking too much this morning

cleaning up and doing this and that
nice nice day, will get a walk in with doggie again!

great day all
  #97   ^
Old Thu, Oct-05-17, 14:17

Plan: Keto/Carnivore/Fasting
Stats: 190/143/144 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 102%

Hello Warriors..

Hugs to all. Crazy world, but we can't let the bad guys win. We gotta keep doing what we like to do. We have to live our lives to the fullest. I have been to many, many concerts including Country...so I can really relate to those people. So sad about it. I hate evil, it's such a waste. It's awesome to see how people have come together with helping each other & all the donations of blood, money, etc. Our law enforcement did a good job too. Much appreciated.....

Busy as usual. Dogs, grandkids, yard work, housework, cooking, etc. I am glad to be feeling good again, it took a couple weeks or so before feeling like my old self.

I will be taking another trip in Nov to the PNW. Got a good price on a flight. Was going to have the girls come here, but the time they wanted to come was really expensive for a flight so decided I would go there and they can come here after the new baby is born.

Food wise it's pretty much the same thing. When I was sick I had to medically fast for 5 days and only lost 1 pound. That's my crazy body....ugh! Sticking mostly to chicken, eggs, tuna for now.

Warrior on.....
  #98   ^
Old Fri, Oct-06-17, 04:38
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Smile Friday, 6 October 2017

Happy Friday, WARRIORS!

Hope all is well and wishing each of you a totally kick Azz, BAD Azz 100% OP day!

Stay WARRIOR Strong!

This mornin' musings from my journal:
I marvel every morning I wake up, thankful/grateful that I have finally kicked “Fat Jo” [the self-destructive carb-addicted selfish FAT bitch who destroys my good emotional & physical health, self-love and self-esteem] to the curb.

Staying 100% OP is not a problem. I can't remember the last time I had a craving or temptation (knock on wood)! I totally love all the "real foods" I am able to eat and don't ever seem to be bored with 'em since I tend to eat the same thing day in and day out.

I know it's b/c food doesn't have the same "entertainment" value or is the distraction it used to be. I was totally obsessed about food aka those horribly addictive, insidiously toxic, poisonous killer carb-age foods.

I remember spending an inordinate amount of time thinking about my next carb-age "fix"! I'd still be face planted into one carb-age laden dish and I was plotting the next... I was one sick puppy for reals!!!

I have truly been blessed b/c I know exactly what I can and can not eat that keeps me at a healthy weight.

Exercising isn't my favorite thing to do, BUT I know in my heart of hearts that doing it faithfully will help me go kickin' and screamin' into the next decades of my life in the best physical and mental shape possible!

I like looking at my weight loss data every morning. It really does help remind me where I started b/c I still suffer from "FAT head" syndrome which means I still see "Fat Jo" in my mind's eye! Not a BAD thing since I know that also helps me stay 100% OP every.single.day!

Here's my weight loss/maintenance data since 2013:
24 May 2013 = 265 lbs
6 October 2013 = 185 lbs
6 October 2014 = 119 lbs
6 October 2015 = 116 lbs (still trying to lose the weight I gained when I broke my leg on Spring Break)
6 October 2016 = 114 lbs
6 October 2017 = 114 lbs

I never thought in my wildest dreams that I could maintain my weight loss...but then, I never ever really gave it a chance in my past failed attempts at losing the ton-age over and over again.

Can't change the past! And I wasn't ready to admit to myself that I was a carb addict, had a carb metabolic processing disorder and a boat load of food related issues...

It wasn't until I acknowledge those things and implemented a solid plan of attack to resolve my food related issues and Stay 100% OP with NO CHEATS EVER that I finally conquered "Fat Jo" and put her FAT ass in a cage where she can do me NO harm ever! B/c I am solely responsible for what I eat every single time!

My mind and soul changing journey continues...

"Maintenance is a job... not a picnic. Nothing wrong with being employed."
~ Ken (khrussva) 05.31.16

Karen:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirrlly
If I croak soon hubby can do laundry, dish soaps, body hygeine supplies etc for about 10 yrs if he conserves LOL nah, not that long, but very long You know me, the prepper type and it is hard to get that out of my blood actually
Quote:
Yea JO gun control means nothing if the BAD people decide to do what they want they will.
Exactly!

Quote:
it is funny cause I watch this British detective show, and they do not carry guns. If bad situation arises they 'call for swat with guns' to the scene...like by then ya are dead you know cause the bad guys have the guns and the police don't...WTH? And what is funny in the show the detective finds the bad guy--who has the gun--and has to run for his life. Being shot at while running and he is an older guy who is damn near having a heart attack running from the bad guy....I mean come the heck on here...do we see something wrong with this picture? You could pay me millions per year to be a cop but with no firepower what the heck good is it? The bad guys always have them, and even with gun control they will have them, but the good guys won't have them...again, problem here!! UT OH ya got me started....
Yeppers! People will get GUNS if they want them even if the entire country has banned them. From what I understand, it's hand guns that are banned, not rifles b/c the Brits like to hunt too!

Quote:
Hubby finished 5 days...12 hrs. He is brain dead. Off to his mom's to meet survey guy to handle some land property survey for her.....then off to CVS to pick up back drugs....then off to food store to get a few supplies for his trip.....then home to PACK (a big one with his hunt stuff) and then off on a 4 hr drive to his hunt cabin...........omg he will be dead. He just goes and goes on who knows what anymore....guy is so dead and tired but won't stop....scary cause I swear a heart attack will stop him and it worries me he goes too far on his health...but ugh don't go there right!!
Wow sounds like Tony PLAYS as hard as he works! But I can understand your concern about not getting enough rest etc. And going away to his hunting cabin is his idea of rest and chil-laxing huh?

De:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DelaneyLC
Hugs to all.

Quote:
Crazy world, but we can't let the bad guys win. We gotta keep doing what we like to do. We have to live our lives to the fullest. I have been to many, many concerts including Country...so I can really relate to those people. So sad about it. I hate evil, it's such a waste. It's awesome to see how people have come together with helping each other & all the donations of blood, money, etc. Our law enforcement did a good job too. Much appreciated.....
I totally agree! And yes, from all the news reports I've heard, Vegas police, sheriff's officers, EMTs etc did/are doing a phenomenal job!
Quote:
Busy as usual. Dogs, grandkids, yard work, housework, cooking, etc. I am glad to be feeling good again, it took a couple weeks or so before feeling like my old self.
Imma so glad you are back to feeling well! Sounds like you are as busy as ever! Same ole song and dance huh?
Quote:
I will be taking another trip in Nov to the PNW. Got a good price on a flight. Was going to have the girls come here, but the time they wanted to come was really expensive for a flight so decided I would go there and they can come here after the new baby is born.
That's so great! Is your DH going too? Or are you going solo??
Quote:
Food wise it's pretty much the same thing. When I was sick I had to medically fast for 5 days and only lost 1 pound. That's my crazy body....ugh! Sticking mostly to chicken, eggs, tuna for now.
Wow a medical fast... well as for losing a lb that's TERRIFIC! Woot! Woot!

You really didn't have any to lose since you're at goal... but that's a nice loss!

Hey you need to change your profile stats to reflect the new loss, my friend!
Quote:
Warrior on.....
Always and 4ever!

Berni:
Hey girlie! Hope you're doing well and getting ready for the 3-day w/e! Hope you get a chance to just chil-lax and take care of YOU!
  #99   ^
Old Fri, Oct-06-17, 08:17

Plan: Keto/Carnivore/Fasting
Stats: 190/143/144 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 102%

Good Morning Warriors...

Jo...your stats are amazing! Way to warrior on girl!

Karen... I'll have to check out the dollar store for softener, that sounds like a real bargain. That stuff isn't cheap in regular stores. Nice to be able to stock up that much!

Bernie...I agree with extra hugs for the family and being thankful for each and every day. I've thought that for awhile now.

Losing just 1 pound on a 5 day clear liquid fast is nothing to cheer about, believe me. I think most people would lose at least 5 lbs during that time. And of course that isn't weight that stays off once I eat again. I mentioned the pound as a negative, not a positive. I am not going to change my stats for a pound or two fluctuation....if I was able to get and stay under 140 then I would change stats, otherwise I would be changing stats every day for small fluctuations....

I plan on getting some yard work done today. Plants need triming. Too many plants to upkeep, need to get rid of some.

Have a great TGIF everyone. Warrior on....
  #100   ^
Old Fri, Oct-06-17, 13:58

BF:

Hello dear warriors,

Jo.... I just have a wedding this weekend but other than that I be chilling ! Those stats are impressive!

De.... the people of Vegas have been awesome helping each other. The first responders saved so many lives by getting to that floor so fast and diverting the shooter attention. So glad you have a trip planned enjoy the family!
Karen... have an awesome day !

Have a fantastic Friday warriors and take care of yourself!
  #101   ^
Old Sat, Oct-07-17, 05:29
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Default Saturday, 7 October 2017

Happy Saturday, WARRIORS!

Wishing each of you a totally spectacular 3-day w/e! Hope you each get a chance to just chil-lax and take care of YOU!

Stay WARRIOR Strong!

Already started on my w/e "to-do" list: chicken cooking in the crockpot; will portion out and freeze when done and this week's Lesson Plans DONE! Holy Hannah Tuesday starts the last week of quarter 1!

Was looking at our school's October calendar! We only have 4 instructional days each week of October:
Monday, the 9th = Columbus Day Holiday ~ No School!
Friday, the 20th = Math & Reading Goal Celebration Field Trip
Friday, the 27th = Honors' Assembly in the AM and Noon Early release for Homecoming
Monday, the 30th = another dreaded in-service day ~ no school for students

Then we're off again for Veterans' Day on 10 Nov and then it will be Thanksgiving Break from 18-26 Nov. It really is a wonder that our kiddos learn anything at all with all the time we have off!

Anyhoo...

"By seeing this food as medicine, I will consume it without attachment or hatred, not to increase my arrogance, strength or good looks, but solely to sustain my life."
~ A Buddhist “Before Eating” prayer that includes these words

De:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DelaneyLC
Jo...your stats are amazing! Way to warrior on girl!
Thanks, girlie!

Looking at my weight loss data daily really does keep me motivated, etc to stay 100% OP every day. I so don't EVER wanna be "Fat Jo" again!
Quote:
Losing just 1 pound on a 5 day clear liquid fast is nothing to cheer about, believe me. I think most people would lose at least 5 lbs during that time. And of course that isn't weight that stays off once I eat again. I mentioned the pound as a negative, not a positive. I am not going to change my stats for a pound or two fluctuation....if I was able to get and stay under 140 then I would change stats, otherwise I would be changing stats every day for small fluctuations....
Yeppers, I totally get that!

My weight fluctuates as well on any given day and I EAT exactly the same things day in and day out... Imma not on "weight loss" mode.

My weekly average is around 114 lbs (I ain't complainin' one iota)!

And like you, Imma not changing my stats every single day to reflect what the scale says...
Quote:
I plan on getting some yard work done today. Plants need triming. Too many plants to upkeep, need to get rid of some.
Don't work too hard in the yard!

Imma gonna do yard work today and mow my backyard, weather permitting. We had rain last w/e and expect to get more this w/e... so we'll see...

Berni:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie2014
Jo.... I just have a wedding this weekend but other than that I be chilling !
That's cool that you've got another wedding to attend! Imma going to one w/e after next too!

Imma glad you'll have a chance to chil-lax! You so deserve IT!
Quote:
Those stats are impressive!
Thanks, Berni!

Hey ALL of OUR stats are impressive! EVEN more impressive is that we lost the weight we wanted and KEPT IT OFF! Woot! Woot!

Karen:
WOW, where are you girlie??

It is so NOT like you to post! Hope everyone and everything is well!
  #102   ^
Old Sun, Oct-08-17, 03:51
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Smile Sunday, 8 October 2017

Wow really is quiet in here...I'll get our thread started this am!

Happy Day, WARRIORS!

Wishing each of you a totally spectacular Sunday in every.single.way possible!

Stay WARRIOR Strong!

"Don’t Dig Your Grave with Your Own Knife & Fork."
~ Proverb

#103   ^
Old Sun, Oct-08-17, 06:47

BF:

HI GUYS!

hope everyone is fine.

I am having laptop troubles. It is slowly dying on me bit by bit and it is locking up etc. My brother is coming down in later Oct. and he is the computer wiz so he will run over it and clean it up and more. Then I can get an idea if it is software troubles or is it really hardware issues cause this laptop is older than the hills itself but heck it keeps working tho

All good here, hubby is off hunting and will be home sometime today. Not sure if he got one, was supposed to call last night after his day and he didn't so waiting for today's call when he hits the road.

nothing much more to report but me posting might be sporadic due to the laptop right now and I hate using kiddo's laptop, it just ain't like mine. I get a feel for it and love mine, I hate using hers LOL

Hubby wants new laptop for Xmas cause he hates this old one and I will get him one and use it as my backup or I might bite the bullet to get me a new one but waiting on what my bro does to this one.

You know it is funny, I LIKE my older things. I don't like to replace things as much anymore. Like my older SUV and my old laptop and even my old fav clothes and such....just me I guess

off to get the day moving! everyone have a fine Sunday!!
  #104   ^
Old Sun, Oct-08-17, 14:06

BF:

Hello dear warriors,

Just finished my things to do list! I thought I had tomorrow off but markets are opened! Bummer.

Karen.... sorry to hear about pc problems post when you can!
De... Good to see your post!

Jo... you have a very busy October coming up st school! Lots of meetings activities and trying to get the teaching in! You definitely never bored!

Have a spectacular Sunday warriors and take care of yourself!
  #105   ^
Old Mon, Oct-09-17, 03:55

BF:

Wish ya had the day off Bernie. I tell ya I find I love my down days way more than my 'gotta do this or that' days You got your countdown to retirement tho! That is always nice!!

Yea computer is fine today? No clue on this? It might be internet interruptions. I lost my tv last night and after messing with the modem etc I got it working and all seems ok....huh I don't know!! but computer seems to be working like it always has so who knows right now ugh

Nothing much happening today
I got to clean up the rv for my beach trip. 13-16. Will book my campsite on the beach on Wed after making sure weather is good and it seems it will be.
Run here and there and get a few things done.
All is good here. Hubby got no deer this time but he has alot of hunt time left.

great day everyone!!