Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#2176   ^
Old Tue, Jun-19-18, 07:44

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Oh Blue, you dear heart. I am so sorry that you are sick again and I know you feel as though it has been forever. I am guessing that stress has your immune system low. Moving stress, money stress, general stress. I would so take you to a spa if I lived near you and treat you to a day out. Please let us know how the Dr appointment goes. Sending you tons of love.

Jaz- I like Amy Schumer although as she got more popular I felt like sometimes she tried too hard to be who she naturally was. KWIM? I am not a fan of Kathy Griffin though. I think she goes to far and is mean spirited and I'm not just talking about politics but in general and over the years.

Back to the museum story-- at that point I was in middle school. Probably sixth grade? There comes a point where you can't and shouldn't have to keep an eye on your kid every second. Plus we all know when a kid is a squirrelly little wanderer, they can disappear in a second. I have a whole laundry list of stories like that- I should write a book about experiences in an ADD brain as a kid. It always seemed like a good idea at the time...!

And Jaz, hugs to you too. You carry a lot of stress from time to time and this is one of those times for you. Big hugs.

Lori- YUMMY Texas Roadhouse!! Lucky girl!! Enjoy every bite. When I go there, I say screw it and eat a roll. Cannot resist!

I think your life is pretty perfect. You are active, you challenge yourself to do new things (10K, a job etc) and you balance down time with busy-ness really well. I am taking notes!

Enjoy your golf this morning. It is pretty warm here!

KMom- Thinking of you.

Trig- Hope you are in your version of heaven.

••••••••••••••

I tell you, when my last born goes off to college I am going on a cruise. I feel like worrying is my part time job! On the good/cute side, he has discovered Queer Eye and has been binge watching it. This evolved into trying on numerous outfits and clearing out his closet and drawers, which then evolved into redoing his room, which I have not yet seen because it is a work in progress. On the flip side, he was upset yesterday because a rapper he likes was shot and killed yesterday in FL, at the age of 20. Which of course is sad- a 20 year old is just a baby. OTOH this 'baby' was also about to be addressed by the penal system over alleged domestic abuse against his pregnant girlfriend and from what I understand he had some pretty foul lyrics. I am not a fan of rap (although DS has shown me how to appreciate certain creative aspects of it) and even less so of rap culture. I worry about him being overly influenced by its messages. I talk to him about it now and again, but don't want to be a broken record and cause him to tune me out. Sigh. It would be so much easier if we could just program them to like/dislike certain things but then again, then they wouldn't be themselves, would they? Ah, the dilemmas of parenting. I cant tell you how many times I have wished for a crystal ball just so that I could see that they turn out to be okay adults! And I guess listening to Madonna didn't turn me into a skank!

It is HOT HOT HOT here. I'm not a fan of very hot, nor super cold, and right now it is very hot. Ick! I took a two mile walk to the post office and grocery store yesterday and the air was so thick. I was sweating like crazy!

Dinner was an exercise in frustration last night. I had my chicken out on the grill, and went to check it halfway through only to find that the propane was out and we have no more. Argh! Came in and got out my Cuisinart Griddler and starter preheating that. After a bit, it was hot and I cooked the chicken in stages with that. I was not turning on my oven with it being 95 outside! I also did corn on the cob in the instant pot. It turned out to be a tasty dinner. BUT I came down this morning to find I left the remaining chicken out to cool before putting it in the fridge and FORGOT IT. RATS! So I had to toss that out.

Today DS16 has his follow up appointment to get his extractions checked and then we will start baby stepping toward getting him prepared for camp. He will be gone three solid weeks. I've never been apart from him that long. My heart! But these are necessary growing steps for us all. In two short years he will be college bound or gap year bound or whatever it is that he chooses.

Catch you all later!
Sponsored Links
  #2177   ^
Old Tue, Jun-19-18, 17:28

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Gal Pals!!!!!!!

I am just going to write because we are down to just us fabulous 4 right now! Super heros of the thread!!!!! HAHAHAHAH-

So you might be sipping your water, tea, I again am splurging on a glass of wine. I know no lecture- no lush here- 1-2 glasses EVERY now and again and COUNTED for! So I am drinking my carbs right now- and going Zero or dam close with the rest. Dear goodness we can't be saints.

So rather than hog-
Blue- I have Moving down to a science. I want to jump a plane for a week-end and have you packed and ready to go. Trust me that is all it would take. AND (should never start with AND)- And- have packed ind moved in a weekend many times.

So sorry you are feeling punk! I don't need to tell you that stress kills our immune system!!!!! So my gal pal- rest and TLC yourself!!!!!! Nursing orders!!!!!!

Nic- my goodness I feel your transitional place in life. I been there done that. And you are going to do beautiful. You have put in the work! And (again a AND) then some!!!!!! I have no worries you will be bored. You will just find another charity or cause close to your heart and be good.

Your story about the museum was delightful! You know we just never know where people are coming from. We need to stop judging and be more kind.

As far as the rap goes- my goodness I listen to HARD CORE SDR&R= figure that out. Sex, drugs. Rock and Roll- as did 90% of the boomers my age. My goodness we are all deaf somewhat from blaring Rolling Stones, Zepplin, the list goes on, that didn't make me a "stoner"....... Well ....... define stoner

Lori- I know it's hot GF- make sure you got the Drinks- and I mean water!!!!!!!
Someday I want to be be you! Just planning my day as I go!!!!!!
LUCKY GIRL!!!!!

I have so much to say- and to tried to say it. Drove to the new office 1.5 hr each way. And (the AND), I am one of the closest to the new move. I WIL lose my ENTIRE staff. It is a give. They live another 1 or more yet after me. I just can't see it!!!!!! My heart is heavy. I have a great staff!

I just don't know if I want to do this every day either!!!!! It was SO stressful! The traffic!!!!!! I MOVED here for the distance to work. AND- was lied to about the move.

3 hours a day in a car- and 8 hours in a cube- I may need to rethink. Just saying.

Dinner was steamed broccoli, and chicken. Going to relax a minute. I have to go back tomorrow for a half more day- and then my boss wants me to come into the office....... SERIOUS?!?!?!?! God what a bitch....... Sorry my AMY took control of the key board!!!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHA

They can send me to a thousand leadership meeting for tons of dollars. But If I get cut off at the knees why bother- another issue. After going through these sessions- the biggest stumbling blog is M. She is the concrete block that must go. I am pulling out the patience but it is wearing thin- let me tell ya.

Ok ladies!!!!!!!!! LOVE YA
  #2178   ^
Old Tue, Jun-19-18, 18:00

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi all,

Nic---You gave me the best chuckles today by sharing your youngest son's goings on. He seems like a sieve in that he lets it all in; the styles, the art/decor, the music, the words, the rap...he's interested in the cultural conversation! That boy has a real creative twist, LOL, I know the type---run for the hills. Just kiddin'. Thing about the creative type is the path is never as straightforward as a parent would wish for, hence worrying is a natural thing w/a child like this, particularly if you think you didn't share his path.

But y'know Nic in many ways, I think you do share parts of his path. I see you as a very creative person in your own ways, such as problem solving for just one example. Maybe the more you see where you share with DS the younger right now, the less you'll worry. LOL, his rap song, is like your plan for the clan on Xmas, different notes for different folks, but all must be brought together in the pajamas. Hahah. I know your tradition, so hoping that doesn't sound crazy.

Anywho, I'm gettin' a kick out of your son and his adventures---I KNOW, RIGHT? Easy for me to say. He'll do just fine. He'll do great.

Jaz---No worries about bringing up our raison d'κtre here. (HA. I love using the 10 French things I know, in this case, "reason to be.") Yeah, we can chat about a lot of extraneous stuff, because really, how long can you talk about low carb food day after day, after day . And I think it's not only fun, but important to get to know each other in ways beyond being walking LC woes of one way or t'other, as we begin to understand what's likely to work for each other and be able to support from a base of knowing a person.

Every once in awhile I dive straight into a woe only post, when I need that, and always appreciate reading others' when they need that. And I notice we all grab on to other woe posts and chat away when it happens. Think we've got a pretty good balance here.

Our only challenge imo, is that we are all on different parts of the spectrum. Some are still in active weight loss mode, some are in maintenance, and some of us bounce between the two in terms of aspirations. BUT, we ALL KNOW WE DON'T WANT TO GO BACK. At least not back to the worst.

Overall, I guess I would say, we all want to be at our best in the moment---we don't always make it there but we keep our eye on it, and we get there our share of times.

Lori---LOL, working out of home, I too have my TV going all day next to my desk, tuned down to low volume, just a little background company, my "office water cooler" so to speak. Silence does not make my muse happy! She's likely to say "where the heck did everyone go,and what am I supposed to think about that?!"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OMG gals, I had the Doc appt to end all today. I will try to keep it in my mind file to do a rendition of it when we all meet around the pool w/a few drinks in hand. She was UN-intentionally HI-larious. No way to convey here.

Bottom line, total waste of time. According to her, I never had a sinus infection and as far as what I'm suffering w/now, hey, it's below the neck and out of her pay grade. Honestly gals, I wish I'd had a video camera. She does want me to get imaged which I probably will. But was considering cancelling the appt because the chronic headaches were so receding and now there is this newbie bug I'll have to see some other doc about if it doesn't just fade away---oh please buggaboo, just fade away!

We are so up to our necks in STUFF and moving it round and trying to decide which boxes are to stay packed for the move, and which ones need to just go, and which ones need to get unpacked again so it looks like someone does live here after everything has been re-painted!

I forsee at least 2 more weeks of utter chaos and then maybe we can graduate down to just plain old generic chaos!
  #2179   ^
Old Tue, Jun-19-18, 18:54

BF:
Progress:

Jaz---we cross posted.

Oh man girl, really?! An hour and a half commute for you to the new place? Somehow, I thought you were avoiding this or doing better with it for where you moved to.

Not going to waste any words here or fear what I say. Honey, an hour and a half commute every day each way adds 3 hours to an 8 hour day. Plus school. No, I don't think that is sustainable for you. And yes, you are going to lose a lot of your staff.

BUT, I do think you can do it as long as it takes to get a new job. We can do anything to get to the next place, right? So, imo, you fasten your seatbelt for some long days, plus school---which is what it's ALL ABOUT for you now, and SHOULD BE, but you start RIGHT NOW looking for a new job.

I know, I know, no one hates this more than me. But Jaz you are in an industry that is BEGGING for people. You can make that commute, and do school as long as you need to make it work for YOU. But I'm just sayin' pal, there are many jobs for you w/in 15 minutes of your home---you just have to have the patience and gumption to find them. And one thing I know for sure, you ain't low on gumption!

So, I would strive right out there, start lookin' cookie. Every day. A 3 hour commute back and forth plus an 8 hour day is not going to be realistic for your aspirations. And I SO CHEER YOUR ASPIRATIONS! SCHOOL YES! a bump up, YES! MORE CHOICES, YES! Oh blessed Mary, in the name of all women, YES!!!

NO, of course you aren't going to quit tomorrow. But I really do HOPE, you're going to start to LOOK tomorrow. And hey, if you're not thrilled w/your resume I have a great gal to turn you on to. She is magic, But she is not cheap. If you're interested further e me.

Last edited by Blue52 : Tue, Jun-19-18 at 19:09.
  #2180   ^
Old Wed, Jun-20-18, 03:49

BF:

Blue- You seem to get straight to the jugulars at times! Love it - just the bottom line. Straight to the point. I will be hones to say- It is 430 am and for me to be able to get there on time I will need to leave even earlier than I did yesterday. I nearly was late leaving at 630 AM.
I was shocked at the drive!!!!! Shocked and truth be told very upset over it. We were told there might be an opportunity to work from home. But I found out- that will not happen. They are turning our little program into a office based call center.

What just yanks my chain is 2 fold. First the night before I signed on the dotted line for this house I flat out ask M is were were moving because it was just rumor at that point. I told her if indeed we were moving to midtown I wanted to know because it would effect my commute. I hate bumper to bumper traffic. It kills my MOJO. I am in such a foul mood sitting in traffic like that with the rudest drivers on the planet.
Anyway - she knew - and lied.
Second- I am the second closest person - the rest of my staff needs to add another hour to the ride. That would be 2.5-3 hours EACH WAY. Yea- that is what I said- THREE hours each way for them. Then 8 hours in a cube with big brother watching every key stroke and listening on the phone. They are all going to quit.
Hell I am taking your advice- I am looking too.

I CAN'T sanely sit in white knuckles traffic 1.5 each way- # hours a day, and 8 hours in a cube, white knuckles home and then start my studies. No thank you. NO can do.
However, I can't leave until I find something else. I seriously want a work from home position. Plus I wouldn't mind staying in the same company. Just not in the same capacity. The company is strong and there are some benefits, like they are paying for school!!!!

I even thought about possibly selling my house- I dunno. I am pretty upset about it. I got 2 calls from my staff yesterday AFTER I got home. they wanted to know what the commute really looked like. Unlike M- I gave it straight. It sucks. They just don't seem to care that the staff all live North of All. Why would they move the entire office SOUTH??????
But I know the bean counters don't care. Companies do it all the time. They call it stream lining.

Speaking of cars- OMG- My car is not the same since "they" have been messing with it. My horn is now not working. I called the car shop yesterday and just went off. I have about had all I am going to take regarding this car situation. So they had to pull it all apart I get it- but my god put it back together correctly. So I told them- look ya'll ARE GOING TO MEET ME AT WORK- get the car- drive it back to your shop- FIX IT- and drive it back. I can't keep missing work over this car. Then to have it done wrong- I am OVER it! CAN ya hear my frustration?????????-
thing is- I am on that cross road- keep it and pay it off within a year- or trade it for a pretty thing and car payments......... sighhhh.....
I really am TRYING to get myself in a better $$$$ place. I just don't have that rainy day pot. I used it as my house down payment. So I will keep the car for another year or two.

HOWEVER, - I have told myself that my gift to myself when I graduate is I will buy a car I have wanted. I want either a Lexis, or a Mercedes convertible, white with leather seat and ALL the BELLS and whistles. I will get it a year or so old. Not brand new- but low miles. Maybe a prior lease. But it will be new for me. I have always wanted one.
Can't ya just picture me carefree , radio blaring, red hair flying and me tooling (traffic free)- down a open highway somewhere?!?!?!?- Me and the pooch riding shotgun!!!!!!

I just had to end the post in a positive light right?!!!!

Blue- I totally started the post about you and crashed your section ALL ABOUT ME: - Ya just got me riled about the traffic!

So- now I am out of time-
I will be back when I have time for a more thoughtful post to you all!!!!!

Blue/ Nic/ Lori-Be back in a bit!!!!!! - then all about YOU!!!!!!!!
Thanks for the ear-
  #2181   ^
Old Wed, Jun-20-18, 03:54

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Jaz...I cannot imagine a 3 hour commute every day. As Blue said, it seems like you'll have to begin looking for another job. I'm sure that is both exciting and terrifying. I know you will put your head down and do whatever needs to be done until you find something else. It's sad that you're going to lose your entire staff.

Blue...YAY for going from utter chaos to just general chaos! I hope your "bug" clears itself so you don't have to go thru any tests or more Drs.

Nic...I made it thru Texas Roadhouse without eating a roll! I had filet medallions and 2 orders of loaded broccoli and a salad(no croutons). I brought over half the medallions home plus one of the servings of loaded broccoli. I had my carbs in lite beer.....man did that taste good on a hot day!

I had a nice day on the golf course yesterday. It was warm, but there was a heavenly breeze blowing. As usual, I played well on the front 9, but fell apart on the back 9. Just can't seem to do well on both. It was a nice day all the way around.

Today is going to be a lazy day just puttering around the house and running some errands before going to work at 4. I may go to the gym, but am feeling like this is going to be a non-exercise day.

Later!
  #2182   ^
Old Wed, Jun-20-18, 16:55

BF:
Progress:

Hi all,

Jaz---Sorry if I put it a bit on the blunt side on the commute thing but I just can't see it. Life is too short as it is and stress is too much a part of life as it is. Maybe if you weren't doing school too it would be doable. But even then, you have to ask yourself, why do I want to spend 3 hours a day in a car for work---that they aren't paying me for! Maybe if they were throwing the big bucks your way to make the move with them, but I didn't hear that from you.

Good news is you can do job/commute as long as you need to do it to find something better. I feel for you pal, just as you got settled into your beautiful little doll house and life looked like it was going to smooth on down the road for awhile, bam, you get hit w/this. And the car stuff. Yikes. One freaking day at a time---maybe scale down to one hour at a time, been there too.

Write this on your mirror if you have to : You are talented. Experienced. Good with people and able to lead. Wise from years of learning what that means. Kind. Able. Strong. Adaptable and...oh yeah, fun! There's another job out there with your name on it, just waiting for you to sail by.

You'll figure out how to pay for school, and next job may have equivalent offers. Doesn't help that current job pays for it if you have no time to do it well, as you have been doing.

Lori---Oh, I love a lazy day! But then you threw in that "going to work" part which isn't so lazy. The minute I have to put on make up and look decent to be some where, the work has begun. Nice to hear you're getting in some good days on the golf course, and all I can say is 18 holes is a looooooong game. When I used to occasionally play w/my dad and brother decades ago, we would go to a 9 hole course near dad's cabin on the river. It was lovely, and plenty long enough for me---LOL, not to mention for them too w/me making them shake their heads w/wonder as to how anyone could be so bad at golf.

We're running light here these days w/Trig gone in her beloved RV and K-mom off on a mission of love and giving. Miss them both. What's your excuse Miss Nic?! Ha. Just kiddin, but miss you when I don't see your name here too. Summer is a busy bee season, which is why I love the contrast of winter, a cozy retreat.

Oh man gals. Yes, I continue to embrace chaos. There is NO PLACE in my sweet home not loaded up w/stuff and boxes and such except for our bedroom. Son's room is done, and looks so GOOD it makes me sad in a way. But can't move stuff back in because painter has made it his home base w/all his equipment, tables, ladders, fans, and paraphernalia. Both hubby and my offices are cleared out and shut down for use, as is the kitchen, for the better part, although we can microwave or put something in the oven.

So I write my post tonight out in our back porch and wonder why I don't do this more often. It is lovely out tonight! The BEST of June. Our gorgeous and many hydrangeas are dancing on cool breezes, the ice cream truck just rolled by playing its carnival song. Dogs are barking, I can smell people's steaks sizzling, runners are huffing and puffing by our fence, and the world is spinning right along.

THIS is what I have to remember. Sometimes it is good to make yourself smaller in your scene---know what I mean? And just be still and take in how much is happening all around you. There is freedom in this somewhere, because I can feel it right now!

Can't think of a better way to end a post.
  #2183   ^
Old Wed, Jun-20-18, 17:23

BF:

Jaz- that is a helluva commute, for real. Is there flexibility on times you can arrive/leave that might reduce the time? Is it time in traffic or just distance that makes it so long?

I agree that it is absolutely less than ideal. If it were your dream job or you were making money hand over fist and it was worth it to you, then maybe. But it isn't sounding like that's the case. I'm sorry M was not forthright with you. It's a mess and a dilemma and I feel for you. This has been a tough week for our Mizz Jazz!

DH splits his time between MD and DC. On DC days he dodges the traffic by leaving very early (no later than 6 AM) and then leaving to come home after 6PM. He misses the heaviest traffic that way but it makes for a long work day.

Blue- Oh girl, you have called it so right, the boy and I are very alike in so many ways. And Lord knows I gave my parents gray hair upon gray hair. I tell ya, I had it coming after two rule following kids. DH and I were just talking over lunch today and I told him that having DS was such a necessary learning part of my life. I have gained so much knowledge about myself (both good and bad parts!) and also a clearer understanding of my brain and childhood self. That still doesn't stop me from freaking out on the regular!

Too funny about the different levels of "noise" (for lack of a better word) in our homes. When I am trying to concentrate I am destroyed by noise. Can't tune it out. I DID get to where I could create one or two "tapes" and listen to those because they became so known that they were background music, but I can't even read in a space where people are talking or whatever. My brain just can't tune it out. Very distractible! But when I am actively working on something, like in the kitchen, I hate it to be quiet and always play the radio. lol

GIRL! You guys are really going after it, being shut out of all kinds of rooms while work is being done. What is the time frame you have in mind? I know it is so hard right now but you are doing awesome!

That Dr sounds like a Dumbass. What a colossal waste of time! But what part of you does she want to get imaged?

Lori- Texas Roadhouse sounds super yummy and good on you not having the roll. But they are so good! You are a strong woman. Hope your work day goes well today.

••••••••••••

All is well here today.

Took back (count 'em!) SEVEN dresses to the mall today. I have two more to go back but I wasn't carrying any more! Then I met DH for lunch, stopped at the library, then came home and picked up DS16 to take him thrift shopping a bit.
DD and Fi stopped by on their way to get engagement pictures done and will be stopping by again afterward to eat dinner. DH picked it up for them since 1) I didn't know they were coming and 2) I'm skipping dinner and DS16 had pizza at 4 PM.

Life is picking up fast! Camp is this weekend for DS and I'll be headed off to Chicago. I think I am going to do a Frank Lloyd Wright tour one day and a Chicago Foodie tour the other day. I have two grown up events that I have to do. One of them will be amazing though- we have some people from Second City doing a show! Many folks from Second City go on to Saturday Night Live and so forth. So that should be a blast.

Guess that is about it from here. Just No-S'ing along. TOM due tomorrow.
  #2184   ^
Old Thu, Jun-21-18, 04:35

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Blue....I can imagine you are tired of the smell of paint fumes already! It will look so fresh & new when it is all finished. I remember when my sister was preparing to sell her home and all she had to have done. DH and I went down and helped with what we could and then she had a painter come and do his thing. We had to tear down old wallpaper etc....ugh. I can't wait for the time when you are settled in your new digs and you can describe your new setting to us.

Nic...your trip to Chicago sounds great! Even the big girl events you have to do! Will you be able to post here while you're away, or are you going to disconnect like Trig does? I wouldn't blame you if you did, but we sure will miss you!

Jaz......how did your day go? I hate that you have this office move and the longer commute hanging over your head. It will all work out, but is one more frustration that you don't need or deserve. Hang in there!

Work was crazy last night. We were quite busy and then it was just one "weird" situation after another. We got thru it and I was home shortly after 10. Now I'm off till Monday....YAY!

Today I'm heading to the golf course again. I was debating not going, but Saturday is supposed to be rainy so I won't get to play then. I'm sure I'll be glad I went once I get myself pulled together.

Time for more coffee. Hugs to you all!
  #2185   ^
Old Thu, Jun-21-18, 04:42

BF:

Oh Ladies- My alarm to early- to bed too late!!!!! Everybody's working for the weekend!!!!!!

Well- Blue- you are going forward and there is no other way to avoid your storm. Just put on the rain boots and put up your umbrella. But keep in mind it will stop and the sun WILL come out again. YOU will nest up again. It really does get to a point you just want the mess over and gone and to move on.

So do you have a dead line for getting your house ready and on the market? I would think you want to do it in the summer. That is when people buy- before school. Plus- it would be good if you are able to swing it so you are not paying both.

I loved your description of your evening!!!! It is TOO HOT to sit outside here!!!! So good for you to keep those memories- that truly is a summer evening at it's BEST!!!!

NIC- If I was with you we would definitely go to the Frank Loyd Museum!!!!!! Boy I would love that. I want you to tell us all about it!!!! VERY COOL!!!!!
Ya know - I just have to share this story. So I had this lady I was sorta friends with. We ran in the same circles anyway. In a way she always bugged me. to dam perfect. She had the NERVE to tell me my kids were WILD.
They weren't - they were just kids and I let them BE KIDS!!! Well Miss Prim and proper always felt free to give me advice on how to raise kids. I had 2 , she had 2, same ages and they always played together. We went to the same church, and our hubby's were better friends, so I was stuck having to listen to her.
Her children were always clean and well mannered. Mine played in the dirt and could be loud. But they were never disrespectful. But she was of the mindset that kids should be seen not heard.

Remember that? Anyway, Oh..... AND she home schooled, was their and blond and a doctors wife and never worked. Looking back- we had nothing in common. Then she had the 3nd child. This kid had personality from the womb!!!!! I loved the fact she had a wild child. It shook her world!
Her kids are now grown- and she is single and working. The point to the story- the 3nd wild child. Turned out to be the most fun, lovable, and creative and is doing well. So ya know those kids that dance to a different beat- are usually the ones that are the most adaptable in life. I know they are a challenge.

I love your description of GROWN UP EVENTS HAHAHA- We all have those don't we.

Lori- Your dinner sounded AMAZING!!!!! Yum- I haven't eaten at a steakhouse like that for awhile! Sounds yummy though!

Oh- you do have a sweet spot in your life right now!!!!!! Love it!!!!
As Blue says- life is EBB and FLOW. Right now you are in the flow and working it beautifully.
Enjoy your restful day! how is your sister doing these days. You haven't written about her lately!!!!
-----------------------------------------------------------------
You know I seem to have drama follow me. Seriously!!!! I just don't think I would know how to act if life was even keel anymore. I am so used to the survival mode. No wonder my adrenal glands are burned up. HAHA

So I need a new car- ya I said it. On top of everything. So right now my horn is broken ,and my trunk won't open. why you ask? Because the underneath of my car is MELTING. According to the mechanic my wires are really melting. He said to unload that lemon quick. He showed me the wires he pulled from my car. They ARE melted.

Yes I probably could go back on the car maker. But I have had the car 5 years. Time to just cut my loses and move on. I was pretty devastated yesterday. I was hit on all fronts yesterday, work, personal. I just didn't deal with it all yesterday.

So , I was given the directive to come into the office yesterday after my conference. So I show up- and get there in time for my NEXT meeting. So there was really good stuff I wanted to share from my 2 days. M told me to be quite, they didn't have time to listen. It was so abrupt that the other people in the room looked at my face when she said that and THEY felt bad.
Two people approached afterward to ask how my class went. When M- shut me down so abruptly- I just gathered up my stuff put it back in my folder and crossed my arms and glared at her and never said another word to her the rest of the day.

So from that meeting we went to a TOWN HALL- to hear about the move that is coming. So the bean counter were there. Ya know- I am so jaded right about now. So THEY were giving their speal on the new building, blah blah blah blah. Anyway at the end- was questions. So of course I had to ask, "Did you all consider those people that live over an hour away, when you decided to close this building"???????????
The answer was appalling- yes they considered. "We know that people will need to consider, what they need to do".
Code for they don't care if the entire team quits.

I had a notebook in my hand and went back to my desk, and threw it hard - it knocked over a cup and crap went flying on the floor. Quite noisy. I had half my team coming over to see what the commotion was. Yes I was having a temper tantrum. But you know what- my teammates were right there with me. They all said I was just voicing what they were all feeling.

I know I will get called out for it. And I don't care. I have been pushed enough.

So, next on the agenda- what kind of car do I want????? I spent the evening on the internet- car hunting. So do I want to get my "dream" car now? Do I want to go cheap? Do I want another midsize sedan? I was looking at convertibles last night. The ticket on those are....... HA-

the saga continues......... The WOE- however is doing GREAT. Of course!

ok- time to roll - we can do this!!!!!!!
  #2186   ^
Old Thu, Jun-21-18, 06:37

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

HI ALL!!

having a great HOT HOT HOT time at the beach
on kiddo's Verizon hotspot internet...very good wifi actually LOL

108 heat index temps, yes even I am melting a bit here

going to summer festival of lights tonight at brookgreen gardens. hope temps drop a bit for tonight into a lower range.

got me a ol'mess of crab legs and chowed down

will chat up later when back! be good ya'll!!
  #2187   ^
Old Thu, Jun-21-18, 08:22

Plan: 20 net carbs
Stats: 250/210/175 Female 5 feet 8 inches
BF:
Progress:

Hi everyone!

Just a quick check-in. I have not read any past posts.

My sister and brother-in-law leave tomorrow. It has been a good time.

I pick up SD tomorrow for three days.

I will share more in an email.

Thanks, Blue, for the email. I have not even had the time or energy to respond to that.

K-mom 10x4
  #2188   ^
Old Thu, Jun-21-18, 09:18

BF:

Hi all!

Lori, yeah, I will definitely be checking in while I am gone, at the very least reading along. I don't unplug, although I will be out and about and definitely getting steps in. I will also definitely be off plan though.

Work sounds hairy but at least you are off until Monday! And golf today! We have rain and clouds today. Hopefully you do not.

Jaz- I would love to have you on the tour with me. Even better, it is a three hour walking tour of not only his home and studio etc but also of homes in the neighborhood of Oak Park. Perfect combo of tour but also walking/moving and not stagnant.

Liked your story about the other Mom and the three kids! I know many people whose third kid has been a humdinger! My kids have always been active, engaged and involved but the first two also quite rule driven. The third is a mix- doesn't like to get in trouble really, is the only shy one of the three, but also the most prone to arguing/stubbornness/not caring unless invested. But enough about him.. I talk about him way too much on here. Guess I talked about his brother a lot a year or two ago though!

Okay so, your car. First, take it to another mechanic and get a second opinion. Second, get an estimate from Carmax for what they will give you for it.

I am giving you my opinion (and this is just what I would do- to each their own!)-- I would buy a stopgap car if you have to buy anything. Put a message out to all your coworkers and people you know (in our community, we use Nextdoor, which is GREAT) about options. That is how we landed the Emerson- an old car, with 24K miles, 9 K cash and done. We hope for a handful of years from it and it is a fair turnaround. IMO this isn't a great time for you to get a dream car. Your job is possibly in flux, new home, other expenses you might not see coming. Again, JMO. Or get a trade in from a lease but make sure it is at least three years old. The biggest depreciation hits are finished at three years. Let someone else pay the "new car tax" and take it once it settles down to its value.

Trig- You are getting your HOT weather for sure-- for even you to be melting says something indeed!! I am so glad you checked in and that you are having fun and eating crab. Enjoy dear friend!!

KMom- I am glad you checked in. Will be looking for your email. Concerned about you and care about you!

Blue- I responded to you in prior post but don't want to leave you out cause you know I love ya! I'd have been sitting out on that porch with you.

••••••••••••

I'm leaning toward a total lazy day today, I really am. TOM came today as predicted, it's cloudy and cool-ish (currently 71) and feels like a day to just curl up, ya know? We'll see. I'll probably get restless after a while and I see the sun peeking out now..

Let's see what else... I checked in pretty late last night so not sure I have much more to add.

Oh! Saw some proofs (20) from DD and Fi's engagement picture shoot. There are some cute ones! It was nice to have them over a bit last night. I am glad that Fi likes coming and hanging out over here. It is clear from our extended family that often the women control where time is spent as far as family goes-- if the woman likes the family then they come around but if not, you won't see that family much at all. I want to see my grandkids (to be!) often! I will be sucking the heck up to my daughters-in-law!

Only two more days before DS16 goes to camp. I am capitalizing on all the hugs I can get!
  #2189   ^
Old Thu, Jun-21-18, 18:38

BF:
Progress:

Hi all,

K-mom---Good to hear from you! I like what Jaz says---in essence, just leave a paw print.

Trigger---Too hot for even you?! Well, at least there is the water, and hoping that the nights cool down to oh, I dunno 95? Do you guys have AC in your RV? In any case, LOVE hearing from you from the beach! Actually, I would love to hear more details. We used to camp all the time, and I really miss it. I want to know what life at your RV looks like, right next to the ocean. You don't have to answer that wish of mine, but I really like to visualize where my pals are, and kind of try to live experiences thru them.

Jaz---Yeah, now see, that boss is just going to continue to be a burr under your saddle, just another reason to do the difficult job of starting to scroll for other jobs. I wish I had faith in corporate to remove her, but I do not, and I don't see any sign she's leaving soon. When you told me she's miserable at home w/her husband, that kind of said it for me. AND, I see a warm front and a cold front heading towards each other rapidly w/you and your boss.

Not to be bummerooni Blue, but my spidey sense says start looking for options, and the sooner the better, for many reasons. And like you said, maybe w/in the company you work for. I don't know how that works, but probably with an appointment w/HR.

But having looked at endless job boards out there lately, I can tell you that there's things moving and grooving out there, there IS NEED, and if I can say that in advertising/marketing, I can only believe it's SO MUCH MORE SO, in the health industry.

Hate the ugly truth about your car for you. I too once bought a total lemon and when you have one, you know you do, no matter what the miles. Agree w/Nic IT IS WORTH a second opinion. But once a car starts bleeding you, my experience is, it never stops.

Nic---haha, you remind me of my SIL, who is in battle w/her counter point gramma for time w/the grandkids. They both love each other dearly, but give no quarter to each other when it comes to the grands. They every so politely push and pull. Our family's grand kids are incredibly lucky to be the source of a love tug of war. What could be better?

Lori---OMG, at least we don't have any wall paper to get rid of! We had plenty of it to banish when we first moved in here 30 years ago, and that is the worst.

Thanx for your sweet thought for us to the future---when we are all settled in our new digs and I can and will so enjoy describing our new life. I'm a re-arranger, a re-dreamer, a re-mixer and matcher, a re-do it person. And when I get there, I will enjoy that challenge, once again.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------=

Ok gals. Directly to woe business. I'm not doing swell. Not horrible, but far from swell. Not binging, but not excelling on LC either. Not going wild, but not staying on the path. "NOT, BUT," pretty much describes it.

I don't want to make excuses for myself, and yet there are REASONS. Like the fact that we have no access to our kitchen right now. Could I overcome this? sure I could! But fact is I'm weary with it all, how fast things must move for us to get out of here, all the emotions involved, the financial stresses, and still working and looking for work.

This is NOT a POOR ME thing. It's a me who says, hands up, I am overwhelmed. Much of what was my life a year ago, has changed, and there are SO MANY things that need my energy and my attention.

SO. For right now my design is to eat LESS, but what is convenient. I am pretty much doing just one meal a day, sometimes more carbs than I like, but in the end, if I don't end up w/a great score on carbs, I'm doing really good on cals.

When the back end of our house is done and re-delivered to us as functional, I will re-design those rooms to sell, and I will re-design my woe to fit.

One thing I know is true. We are going thru a very fluid time in our lives, and it demands we bend and ebb and flow. No excuses, but OTOH, I'm not a LC robot either. Have to make it work in all times, yes, but sometimes it's a gonna work differently. And after going on 6 years on LC, those habits will not die easily.

I know I need to be back to them better, and I think I will be. I just can't take it all on now.
  #2190   ^
Old Fri, Jun-22-18, 04:34

BF:

It was GREAT to have a FULL house yesterday from all of you!!!!!! I was delighted to see your dots - large or small on the thread!

NIC- I had to smile big on the sentence of the grandkids (to be)- I can't wait for that stage for you!!!!! It's Awesome! I know they gotta get married. But like you, it is the women that dictate when the family spends their time. Thankfully I have awesome kids and they want to spend more time with me than I actually have!

You are in a fun place to be!!!!!! You know at first when I was alone for the time, it seemed to quite and without purpose. I was a mom first and everything was second. Then BOTH kids went to collage at the same time- and I got divorced.

And the rest as they say is history......... I survived and thrived. So will you!!!! The pool part is watching your kids grow into amazing adults!!! Then you get to really not just love them- but really like who they are! It's great!!!! I love the journey you are taking with you on!!!

Trig- So awesome you checked in on your BEACH VACAY!!!!- I was pleasantly shocked! It is hotter than hades agreed! But you are in your element and there with water! You will do just fine!!!!
Have fun!!!!

Kmom- It was awesome to see you as well! Please post when you can and know you are missed. I hope you are doing well. now the SD comes- I wonder if you are tired.

Lori- So you are off for a minute! Very nice! How is the heat affecting your games? This heat is no joke! Do you ever get the itch to buy stuff from where you work? I would think that if you look at it enough it would lose it's appeal?
I don't know if that would work for me in a jewelry store!
How is the new gym working out for you? Are you still going everyday?

Blue- I want to say "Bless your Heart"- But I am not. However I do want to say I feel ya! I know how you are feeling. I know you said you are overwhelmed- yet your behavior says something different. I see you as yes it seems daunting- yet there you are taking one step at a time. Then you made the statement I RE-READ. "I will then stage my house to sell". Omg- have you thought about doing that too?!?!?!? I mean professionally????????

I don't see you moving around bunch of furniture but could DESIGN it! Just another thought for you!

Now to your WOE. You know I just have to address this. I am not going to hammer you. Not. I know you already know after 6 years what works for you. There are times that well you just have to do the best you can do in the circumstance you are in and have no regrets.
I mean that in so many ways. How many times we beat our self up for things we have done, or not done. But then when you go back and look at the REST of the STORY- it was the best option at the time.
When I learned that concept- it is very freeing. I have very few regrets in life. VERY FEW.
Even with my weight right now with half of it gained back after losing it once, I am not beating myself up over it. It is frustrating yes! Hard, yes! But I am just now doing what I know I gotta do and taking one day at a time! So will you.
Just do what you can and MOVE ON. That said, stay accountable and here.
This place keeps me grounded. It really does! ((((((( hugs))))))) to you my friend!!!!!!!!!! From one survivor to another- we do what we need to do, and then roll with it and plant again.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Ah...... yes the car situation. This is the second look by another place. Both said the car needed more work. It would be different if it was paid off and I thought it was a one fix and good for a couple years. Nope- I have moved on. Just another bump in my financial world. That said, it can always be rebuilt.

So yes Nic, I am looking at a basic Honda that is 3 years old. I don't want to pay the high stupid premium for "new". I want dependable. AND affordable. I do not want to be car poor. So I reeled it in REAL QUICK!!!!!! Yes it was fun to dream of my v8 convertible! But that is not my time in life right now.
Right now I am a Honda gal! I am looking at the CRV style. I can get one affordable as a 2015-2016. That works for me. I noticed as I was looking at it them the body style changed in 2016. I like the look of those better. So I will be looking hard at those. I see me getting one wrapped up by the end of the weekend.

Going to post before I lose this one- not done
Closed Thread