Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#1291   ^
Old Wed, Mar-22-17, 09:14

Plan: 20 net carbs
Stats: 250/210/175 Female 5 feet 8 inches
BF:
Progress:

Water Hounds:

Monday: Jaz 5/6, Blue 3/4, KMom 4/4
Tuesday: Jaz 6/6, KMom 5/4, Blue _/4

We know we need to drink more water! Let's do it! Drinking some as I type this. Not a natural thing for me to do, it is intentional most of the time.
Sponsored Links
  #1292   ^
Old Wed, Mar-22-17, 09:31

BF:
Progress:

Mornin' all!

Cat: Miss seeing you here. Hope all is well. Post when you can.

Jaz: I am the same as Trig about the TV. Rarely watch it. I use my computer and especially my phone for news and weather and just about everything else.

Nic: Hoping for unexpected special times with your mom. Sounds like it will be difficult in many ways. Fun to read about you giving your hubs the Gold Star for how he handled the recent surgery. And a proposal coming up! Fun!

Lori: Walking the Rail Trail sounds intriguing. Does it mean actually walking on railroad tracks? My knee could never handle that.

Trig: I am not at 10x4 yet, but I will be! Glad Bolt is fine, but yikes that your hubby is starting to feel sick now. Sucks.

Blue: Hoping your day is a good one. Hoping you get to get some good reading in today and just plain enjoy this day.

Me: Still trying to pull off my TRUE plan. It is so much easier for me to do the net carbs. But I want to do the whole carbs at least a couple of days each week. This is working for me. Had my O4 and will have a hamburger with a slice of tomato and some cheese for lunch. No bun, of course. The for dinner I will have a Mahi Mahi burger (from TJ's) and some broccoli and zucchini rounds.

We have a crisp, sunny day here. Can't wait to plant my garden. It won't be for a while because we can still get hit with a snowstorm!
  #1293   ^
Old Wed, Mar-22-17, 14:47

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Afternoon!

Hope everyone has had a lovely day. It is quite cold & windy here, but brilliant sunshine. I was out long enough to go to the grocery store, and that's it. I did walk 3 miles on the dreaded treadmill this morning. Ugh.....longest hour of my life. I'm hoping to take my walk outside tomorrow.

KMom...the Rail Trail is a walking & biking path that used to be railroad tracks. They have been torn up and part of the trail is even paved. Some of it is just gravel, but the paved part is really nice. The Rail Trail near our home is 9 miles long connecting our small town to another small town to our West. Part of my husband's part-time job with the Recreation Authority is to maintain the trail. Keep tree overgrowth trimmed back, make sure the path is in good shape etc.

Well, just about time to think about making dinner. Tonight is Burgundy black pepper marinated chicken breast, red skinned potatoes(for DH), some salad for me and possibly some green beans. Oh......and let's not forget my tiny glass of Sauvignon Blanc!

Just got a text that tomorrow at boot camp we will be doing boxing! I'll be pounding on that heavy bag! Woohoo!

Have a good evening!
  #1294   ^
Old Wed, Mar-22-17, 15:58

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

2nd post- this a quickie-

Trig- SOOOOOOO happy that adorable baby is ok. what the heck- money is over rated! What a sweetie! Boy can I see my Bella eating something like that!
You hubby getting sick....... oh dear goodness...... you all.... when is your drama over- you have had it bad.

Leeann- TRUST ME- I sympathize with momma drama. No one know how to push my buttons either. If I won the lottery for 1 million dollars, her question would be why wasn't it 2.
Never good enough. I have finally come to know it isn't I'm not good enough, but
I will never forget one day we were walking into Steinmart- and this beautiful lady in her fifties got out of her Mercedes, Blond hair, tall perfectly coiffed- nails ect... she turn to me and said maybe someday YOU COULD LOOK like that. If she was not my mom........ I will leave it at that. ..... And yeas I too feel guilty for complaining when I actually have a mom.

Feel for you- do hope you get some rest!
----------------------------------------------------
This is my 2nd post so get a pass on personals as I have addressed you all first round.

So I have noticed I have cut some calories for the last 2 days and have been RAVINOUS. I ended up eating way more mixed nuts to hit that I'm satisfied. And then I go way over the cab and calorie limit.

This is kinda suckin. What worked before is NOT working- looking forward. I know the science- KETO and LC is the way to go. But at some point calories exceed weight loss- urghhhhh when I try to drop potions my body is not happy.

Still tweaking

Really
  #1295   ^
Old Wed, Mar-22-17, 18:15

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

KMOM, bless your heart. I meant that! I love how you wrote: "Hoping for some unexpected special times with your Mom." From your mouth to God's ears! Glad your TRUE plan is working for you!

Lori- We have a Trolly Trail here too, so I knew exactly what you were talking about.

Jaz- thanks hon! Moms come in a stripes and types, don't they? Your Mom sounds kind of mean in her comments. I don't have to deal with that as much as incessant neediness, whininess, and self centeredness, all of which have no bounds. I just have no patience for that kind of stuff, but it doesn't matter because it is part and parcel of the package. Gah, it burns me up!

•••••••••

Drum Roll Please!

DS18 was accepted to American University with a 20k scholarship and acceptance into the Politics, Policy and Law Scholars Program. It is a very small and specialized program through the School of Public Affairs that is a multidisciplinary 3 year program, that includes study abroad the first year summer and a paid internship in DC the second year summer. After three years, PPL students have earned their BA. There are a total of 17 PPL students in the classes of 2016 and 2017.

That being said, my gut instinct is that he will decide against it, but I don't know. He will surely want to wait and see what Furman says first about that full tuition scholarship!
  #1296   ^
Old Wed, Mar-22-17, 19:22

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi all,

Here's my Ms. Flakette award winning performance. Hubby occasionally finds my reading glasses in the fridge. Must take them off for a sec and set them on a shelf. The other place my lost reading glasses are most often found are on my head.

Trigger---So happy to hear Bolt is going to be fine. Sorry hubby is going down to the bug. And you poor thing w/your sinus issues. Did you ever check out that spray stuff Nic uses? Tough to deal w/that day in and day out.

Jaz---I know you love your ribs. Have you ever tried Guy's Spicy LC BBQ sauce? I love that stuff. VERY LOW carb. Grills or bakes on well, and then you can still afford some carbs wise for dipping.

Nic---Hugs to you on the mom thing. How is she when the rest of the fam is around? Can you get lost in the crowd a bit? Button pushers are hard, and if it's your mom, the worst. Mom's know too much about us, LOL.

Lori---Oh man, that "burgandy black pepper chicken" sounds amazing. Is it fairly easy to make?

K-mom---Glad to hear TRUE is working for you again. I think an every other day regime is interesting, and I'm trying it w/cals now.

Water: Wednesday 3/4

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Today I did a large grocery shop. Was out of all kinds of my LC fave stuff, some of which I had just forgotten about, so I feel well stocked.

My shoot went very well, things have calmed down at work for now. Did OK on the woe, but did have a jacked up salad, and a few too many LC treats, cal wise

Today left to my own devices has been excellent cal and carb wise. Tomorrow will be tougher as am on site at work. More and more, am looking at this at an every other day thing. OR, at least as when I can cut cals to the nub, and when I can't.
  #1297   ^
Old Wed, Mar-22-17, 19:40

BF:

gals......
So even though I will most likely post next again.HAAHHAHAHA

I am going to post

This is a me post- so I haven't shared much- but I have have been haven big time pain for the last days- since Sat. and my belly swelly I did say that.

So I called my surgeon = there is a very big chance that all my issues- no weight loss, due to internal inflammation may be caused to a complication of my surgery. He said to come in first thing tomorrow.

He said he switched to a different stich thread he uses and is suppose ro dissolve and isn't. He said he is getting calls from us that have had the surgery n the same time frame with same complaint. Pain on the sticth site./I have said I have swelly belly- may be due to inflammation. At any rate he want to see me asap tomorrow. he may have to go back in........

keep ya posted as to what that means......explains not a whoosh.

hope you all well
Love you all - thanks for the ear!
  #1298   ^
Old Wed, Mar-22-17, 20:14

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Nicco, congrats to that smart boy of yours
interesting to see which way he does go....but it is wonderful there are fab choices on the table!!!!

Momma drama. I have no issues with mom, for me it is chatting with her and she can remember 80 years ago like it was today, but she can't remember what the heck we chatted about the day before. I get frustrated having the same conversation over and over but hey, I know my mom has probably some 'issues' with me too HA HA

Keep on trucking KM. we work the plans we will get the results for sure!!

Jaz OOOOhhh, hope they don't have to go back in...wow. that would be just, wow.

nuts, mixed nuts. nope, you can't go there at all. just way too high in carbs for a carb sensitive person ya know especially when they draw ya in. last time I 'had a controlled portion' of nuts, I ate the whole can as usual LOL

Lori the rail trails and all are great. I did the Heritage trail in small town close by which took us over and along the old tracks.
I also love river walks, love walking along and seeing the heron and all.

HI ALL
quickie update. Bolt fine but not eating. His pain meds will be lowered, and other meds to stimulate guts or something. hopefully tomorrow he will eat something. can't come home til he does. When up in town working I stopped by vet, the dog was in a drugged daze LOL he was zonked out which is good but went out for a walk so I think so far so good. will see more tomorrow.

hubby went down big. poor guy works his 4 shift starting tomorrow, boy is he gonna be dragging.

Blue, thanks I forgot those allergy meds, the spray. will pick up tomorrow. voice is almost all gone. as the pollen increases my voice goes bye bye LOL I don't care, I just live with it til the pollen evens out and I come around

I am feeling weird again. got some hot and cold flashes and feel icky kinda. Got a wild pain in my side, high up, near that broken rib area but more all over and into my lower back. heck the area, not sure what is even there? liver is lower, kidneys, heck not sure where they are kinda LOL but this pain is a real one. coming and going lately?? not sure what the hell it is but told hubby I was on alert for ER today if it got worse, but it got better and now gone again? very strange...no joke I am falling apart!!!!!!

So cable is gone. WEE. new bill is $84 from $177. Love that. Netflix has tons to watch for $11.99 month. will check hulu soon. right now just enjoying money back in my pocket LOL

no info on car trouble yet. fingers crossed it is not bad.

super exhausted, off I go I think to bed. Bed at 10:15? there must be something wrong with me HAHA

last few days I am in some kind of la la land for sure! crazy!

good night to all!
  #1299   ^
Old Thu, Mar-23-17, 02:59

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Nic...congrats to DS!! What an exciting time in his life. He has a bright future in front of him.

Jaz...OMG...he may have to go back in??? Thank goodness he can see you today. You need to get a resolution to this pain and swelling. Thinking of you.

Trig...hope hubby can make it thru his day. What is up with your side pain? Weird. Don't take it lightly. Have it checked out. Take care. Hope pup's appetite returns today.

Blue..the burgundy chicken was pre-marinated and packaged by the butcher shop and was simply pour it in a pan and cook the chicken easy! It was so tender. The burgundy sauce did seem to want to burn in the pan, so maybe I should have baked it instead of doing it on the stove top.

Well, I'm off to boot camp for boxing. Always a good workout and fun time.

Later!
  #1300   ^
Old Thu, Mar-23-17, 04:03

BF:

HI ALL

quickie post.

I have to drive to the vet and make the dog eat. They said he is perfect, walking great and doing well and interacting etc...but he won't eat their canned chicken

So I am bringing up my chicken for him plus a slim jim. Yea I can make him eat.

then I have to drive home, wait 3 hrs to see if he holds down the food and then go back and get him.

omg the things I do for this dog LOL

off and running fast and early this morning. kiddo is going bonkers now without the dog at this point. time to get this mutt home

take care all and chat later
  #1301   ^
Old Thu, Mar-23-17, 04:15

BF:

Ladies- GM

Trig- What in the world is going on with you!????? You got me worried. Now your hubby sick? The dog ate a sponge? The RV is still sick- ya just can't make this up!!!! Time to change things around for the better! Geeze..... - hoping to you and the family you can turn things around.

BTW- your "mutt" so sooooooo frekin cute- I would go bonkers over your fur baby too!

Lori- Wow you are a machine! You instructor calls to tell you what you will be doing? Have you ever seen that commercial where this little mommy blond pulls up to the gym in her mini van. She gets out on designer yoga pants- and see the "gym people lifting tires, hanging from trees, lifting hundreds of pound. She then creeps back into her min van and heads to Planet fitness. It's a funny one. But I think of you every time I see a ad for cross fit.

Blue- hey my friend. Glad things are going well. Thanks for "talking me off the ledge". We all need that sometimes. Also glad you are doing so well on your WOE- you are counting kcal and carbs.

Leeann- so you are going to the play again tonight- are you going every night? the in laws come tonight? What a schedule. What are you doing for food?

kmom- 6/6 yesterday- went and got my water! Love my pure water. How is your WOE going?

Cat- how are you? wondering how you are doing.
-----------------------------------------------------------
All-
I am wrapping my head around the fact I more than likely have a post op complication. I am dreading going to see my doctor today. I can't fathom what is going to have to happen.

I just hate the fact I feel that my body is not doing what I want it to do. urghhhhhhh - well it explains a lot though. If I am still healing- now swelling and in pain with inflammation I won't be losing weight.

I am such a wuss when it comes to medical matters. I turn to putty- even though I am a nurse. I can handle issues with YOU- but not ME. HAHA-

So I guess I will just wait and get my verdict- .

I think the nuts were a no no- I ate half the dam can last night. tons of calories and carbs. I don't know what I was thinking.
I know that when I cut some calories- I get the hungries big.

Ok all - have a great day
  #1302   ^
Old Thu, Mar-23-17, 04:34

BF:

Jaz I am the same on cutting kcals.

I hear ya.

what ya need to do is eat thru the day. DO NOT GET HUNGRY til ya get a better handle on eating less so the kcals are cut down a bit.

what I did

early I ate 1 egg and 3 slices bacon
then a bit later I had some tuna and mayo
then a bit later I had a big mug of broth (this is a good thing to rely on....for me drinking fills me up)
then later I had 1 pork chop
then if I was still hungry I had a few slices of salami

NOW this is not a great low calorie list above....but what it does is get me set for eating WAY less at a time. more of a mental thing walking into cutting kcals alot more.

and it worked for me.

I cut the tuna out after my egg and bacon. I cut the pork chop out and just waited to have my meat for dinner.....that kind of thing and then ya know, next thing, I am back down to 2 smaller meals per day and OK with it.

you might have to do something like that.

BUT THE ONE thing ya gotta do at ALL times is ON YOUR PLAN.
even if ya get starved while cutting kcals, if you must munch....do not snack. Eat a friggin' steak if that is what is required. You are always allowed to eat your plan foods at all times!!! You have to rely on those when ya get that snacky feeling. Snacks are useless! Absolutely useless to someone who is hungry! Ask me how I know this LOL

hold strong, you will get thru all this for sure!!!

Lori good luck on that boxing!!!! Don't hit the instructor too hard!!! HA

So I got my shower done, when kiddo goes off on bus I will hit the road for the vet.
  #1303   ^
Old Thu, Mar-23-17, 06:30

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hi Ladies!

Trig- good luck getting Bolt to eat at the vet. I bet you can. I know your kid will be glad to have him back home where he belongs.
Very sorry to hear your poor DH is laid up. Does he have what you had? You were REALLY SICK. Can he take a day or two off?

Jaz- OMG you poor dear. I really hope you do not have to go back in for surgery. That would SUCK. Ugh!! Will be thinking of you today.

Lori- Have fun with the boxing and boot camp today!

KMOM- Go you with your TRUE plan. Keep plugging along and you will be 10x4 soon.

Blue- I would think that being home and doing your own thing at least half the time, even if you eat a little heavier on the work days, would still be pretty effective for maintenance and maybe even a little loss. Sounds very JUDDD like, really.

••••••••••••••••

So Jaz, the play hasn't actually happened yet. Today is full Dress Rehearsal day- they go to school but no classes. Practice all day. Then no practice at all tomorrow (but yes to school) and then their first performance tomorrow night!

Thanks and yes, DS18 will have great choices. I think he is doing a good job of weighing opportunity vs cost and what he wants to do with his future. He's a good boy.

DS18's graduation information and tickets came in the mail yesterday too. Wow, push all those buttons at once, why don't you? lol

Today I'm going to a CASA meeting (partly because I can/should, partly as an excuse to leave the house!) After today it should warm up nicely. Yay!!

Weight down some, which is good, but more to do. With my Mom here, I need to try really hard not to eat my frustration. Whatever venting you see on here this week, just look away and know I am a good person at heart!
  #1304   ^
Old Thu, Mar-23-17, 11:10

BF:
Progress:

Water Hounds:
Monday: Jaz 5/6, Blue 3/4, KMom 4/4
Tuesday: Jaz 6/6, Blue _/4, KMom 5/4
Wednesday: Jaz 6/6, Blue 3/4, KMom 4/4
Blue, let me know about Tuesday if you remember. If I missed it, sorry.
  #1305   ^
Old Thu, Mar-23-17, 11:25

BF:
Progress:

Jaz: We will be waiting to hear about the doctor's appointment. I don't like those words, "Post-op complications" or "Internal Inflammation." Hoping it is something that can be fixed fairly easily. Good job on your water!

Trig: When you talk about having one cup of broth, do you buy a certain kind or make your own. I need to watch sodium and yet I want something easy and readily available. I like how you said that is fills you up. I want to try it. I feel pretty confident about you getting Bolt to eat. It would be a great story to go viral. "Sick dog refuses to eat...but when owner tries...

Blue: Try and get your water in today. I say that of course with love. I know both of us struggle with water. I read about your large grocery trip. You did not say where, but I am betting it was TJ's?

Lori: Thanks for the explanation of the Rail Trail. Duh, I should have probably known that, but I seem to have this memory of someone in the past actually walking on old railroad tracks. And I love that it takes you from one town to another! In my old days, I would reward myself with a DQ treat when I got to the next town. I would need to think of another reward. Maybe just a good rest and a LC snack!

Nic: Play tomorrow night. Hoping it is a magical experience for everyone. I love going to plays! Even more fun when your son is in it! And no worries about us needing to look the other way...we KNOW about you being a good person! A very good person in my opinion! One that I want to meet someday!

Cat: Hoping you are doing well and that your woe is strong. Thinking of you today.

Alene: If you are checking, just know you are missed.

I am a little overwhelmed with things going on here. Just so many things at once. But there is a light at the end of the tunnel. I keep bending over and looking way into the tunnel to make sure the light is still there... . One thing I am dealing with...I got a notice that I needed to appear in court if a certain form was not filed in a couple of weeks. I was like...whaaaaat. That form was not in the packet you download every year to complete for being a guardian. It is a criminal background check. SOOO....four calls and 27 options pushed on the phone and finally get a person. Seems the law before said five years and now it is every two years. No problem. Made a note in my file that it is MY responsibility to know this! Went to website to find exact form they want filled out. It is not there. Found a form with no heading and no number of the form on it. Well, I could go on and on, but I won't bore you. Got it figured out and after talking to another person, I explained how I would do it if I made the forms and the letters sent to people! The person actually agreed with me. Ahhh. Breath. And don't overeat!

Mom 10x3
Closed Thread