Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#2041   ^
Old Thu, Mar-06-14, 15:55

Plan: Depends on the Day
Stats: 221/169.6/145 Female 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 68%

Feeling the monster coming on and keep wondering if I should go to the store for junk food I made a commitment and I plan on sticking with it.. . . gosh I wish it were that easy

Don't know when BF is going to get home but the kids are leaving shortly and that leaves me on my own till BF gets here. I have to chore but thats not for another hour.

Don't know whats going on but I've been chewing the heck out of my bottom lip. I almost feel a cold coming on: tight neck, chewing on lips, teeth hurting and I feel misserable with it. I want to hide under the blacket and eat.
Sponsored Links
  #2042   ^
Old Fri, Mar-07-14, 05:01

Plan: Atkins (+m&e)
Stats: 320/310/190 Female 5ft  11"
BF:
Progress: 8%

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexym2
Feeling the monster coming on and keep wondering if I should go to the store for junk food I made a commitment and I plan on sticking with it.. . . gosh I wish it were that easy.

My first chance to check in since this morning and I really should be in bed
I sure do hope you managed to stay strong and won that battle I know its hard sometimes...we all have those moments .It seems a battle that we are confronted with each day sometimes, probably more so when we are having an off day not feelng so great.It seems to me there is always something to tempt us no matter where we are or who we are with it seems even if it is just a second helping of something that is actually 'OK' to eat.So easy to undo our hard work by having too much a good thing. Something I have to try remind myself .I could so easily have had that other piece of chicken tonight but I decided to leave it to do a omellete with tomorrow lunchtime.
I better stop my rambling and get off here......catchya all tomorrow
  #2043   ^
Old Fri, Mar-07-14, 16:22

BF:

Busy busy for me today.....weight holding but that's good.I drank less water yesterday with visiting my folks.

Feeling good and no hunger pains

Just had my 3 egg Flaxseed omelette and plan on a chicken one for lunch and tonight will be panfried fish( in butter and herbs)
Hope everyone has a good day -
  #2044   ^
Old Fri, Mar-07-14, 16:50

BF:

Made it through yesterday, BF made it home and helped me get the feed bags to the barn and had the steaks ready to go on the gril. I came in and steaks went out! They weren't that great tasting, they looked awesome Got them on sale at Wal-Mart. Thankfully we will be butchering a fat calm in a month or so.

Today has been fairly easy for me. No school today so I've got the younger 2 munkins here. I'm not Catholic and its Lent but BF prefers that I "try" to follow his ways so I do give it a try. So for breakfast I made my home made egg drop soup. Sounds innocent enough huh? Well, I added 2 heaping tbsp fulls of pork gelatin to the soup, a boulian cube and some Nu Salt for the pottasium. 2 eggs mixed in and 1.2 C water and I'm full all morning! We were better behaved at lunch I made some salmon patties and the kids had carrots. Supper is Fried shrimp for me and the family voted for butterfly shrimp and french fries. They are so going without huh?

Took the kids out for a walk after lunch. Kinda funny, we did a mile with me walking and both kids riding their bikes. Then my youngest 6, wanted to walk, so he and I walked and my daughter 8, rode her bike for the mile. Then my daughter descided she wanted to walk, I had to talk my son into 1 more mile so we all walked the 3rd mile. He was tired and growly on the last 1.4 mile but we made it.

The walk showed me that my hip is out, I have an appt on Tuesday with the Chiropractor and my oldest has an appt with him for his physical.

Oh, forgot to add that after the wak today, I wanted something so I whipped up 1/2 C heavy cream with 1 tbsp peanut butter and ate that. Dang it was good! Not M&E I know but it was going to go bad in the fridge

My sinuses are running and I'm getting a little bit of a sore throat starting. Maybe I will get lucky and this will be the worst of it.

Talked with BF last night about a first goal and a prize for it. I thought 15lbs down would be too easy because the first 10 would be water weight So I told him when I hit 190 lbs (at 214 now) he had to take me to the movies and supper at the sports bar. We always have ribeye steaks and salad there and play pool. They have a great fahita salad but they use breaded chicken strips in the salad We haven't been there in ages, you know, after you've been together for so long you stop going out He actually agreed to this, I'm shocked he's always complaining about money. I told him that he has to take me out and he has to PAY for it

Not planning on weighing in for quite some time. We all know I won't stay off the scale though I'm thinking maybe a month or so I will weigh in. Maybe after my weekend in WI for the rabbit convention.
  #2045   ^
Old Sat, Mar-08-14, 15:24

BF:

I've been on plan for 3 days now and feeling pretty good. Craving have settled for a few days, we all know they will be bad come the end of the first week.

Went to my Dr the other day to discuss my depression, I've been on medication for 3 weeks and so far I have been sleeping better so staying awake durring the day and not as apt to go off on the family when I'm tired. I still have my moments when I want to say screw the world and go to bed but not near as much as I was doing. I was doing my morning animal chores at noon if not later Now I am choring most days before 9am, that is a big improvement for me. I could go to bed at 9pm, toss and turn all dam night, get the kids off to school at 7:30 and go back to bed till noon. Its been work some days but I don't go back to bed in the mornings any more.

The Dr also politely informed me that I have gained a lot of weight in the past 6 months and should look into a nutritionist to help with my weight problem. I laughed at him and told him I know what I should and should not eat and that my problem is that I want to eat all the time. He also believes in moderation, he told me to buy a choc barn and eat half a day and that is all that I allow myself. . . . he is an idiot but he means well LOL

But that talk really made me think about things. For starter, I weighted (at the office) 214 lbs and I was 168 lbs at my sons birthday party back in July. My goal weight has always been 145-150 lbs but that is not my concern. My concern is that I had let things get out of control and I hae gained 45lbs over the past half a year.

I came home in tears, I told my boyfriend that I'm fat (I actually told him that! ) and I had to win this battle and loose the weight for life. He hugged me as he chuckled, I'm sure he thinks this is like every other time when I say I'm going to loose the weight. So, I went back on M&E that evening and have stuck with it and I believe It has been 3 full days plus several hours LOL Its been rough, the end of the first full day I was about to drive to get junk food. But I remembered his chuckle and thought about how upset I was (yesterday) and how I don't want to fail, again.

So here I am, eating meat and eggs and staying the course. it was mentioned by someone else that I get a reward at scertain points along my weight loss. Most rewards don't do anything for me as I am an adult and I will just buy what I want (within reason) and junk food isn't exactly a smart reward so I was thinking about it. What would I like more than anything? Sex? na, Clothes? na, Vacation? na, then it came to me, I want my boyfriend to take me to the movies and a steak dinner at a local sports bar and he buys! We very seldom go out on dates any more and when we do eat out its fast food to keep it cheap and on the road. So this is a big deal for me I told him about what I wanted and he readily agreed. I have a hunch he wants me to loose weight and he wants me to be happier with myself and my body. He is totally behind me on this although I emagine he is figureing it won't last

I weighted 214lbs at the Dr last Wednesday. I descided that when I hit 190lbs he would take me on our date. I weighed in this morning at 203 lbs, gotta love fast water weight coming off and shoes, clothes and late in the afternoon adds on 5 lbs.

My muscles are achy, I always feel that way when I'm going into ketosis. I'm pissy in the evenings but the anxiety pills he put me on helps with that. I know I'm going to get pisy in the evening so I take an anxiety pill at supper so when supper is over I'm starting to relax. Many evenings we sit on the couch and watch TV, if I'm upset with the world I lay my head in BFs lap and he plays in my hair and rubs my back the entire time, always settles me down Last night I got out a puzzle book and that seemed to take my mind off my stresses. My son also brought me home a really big fiction novel from the library that I can read in the afternoons when I'm having issues and want to eat. My other hard time of day is in the mid afternoons. I think its bordom, but from 1-4 pm I want to eat.

Hmm, so I want to eat constantly in the afternoons (bordom) and again after supper (stressed).
  #2046   ^
Old Sun, Mar-09-14, 04:22

BF:

Gee man I can hardly believe I haven't got here since yesterday morning!
Its pretty full on here and packing begins in Ernest tomorrow morning. Have 3 days to get it all sorted and lawns mowed etc etc and we have visitors coming for lunch Tuesday!
You would think I wouldn't have time to eat aye Something I am too good at it seems lol

I haven,t weighed today but HAVE been on track with my eating all day.

Sexym2 That's awesome you are doing really great!

I will TRY my best to check in once a day until Thursday when we leave then friday we will be flying up there somewhere we have two flights. Will be a long day. so will make the best food choice I can ....probably have some salad and meat somewhere.
I am thinking ahead... we will be leaving our friends place way too early for breakfast so think I will just be grabbing a large coffee from somewhere at the airport.
Once we get to Aussie I will try get mobile data plan on phone so I can check in here:-)

Wishing everyone a good week
  #2047   ^
Old Mon, Mar-10-14, 04:52

BF:

Wow its quiet here
Well just checking in. Suitcase is about half packed so I feel a while lot happier.
Visitors coming for lunch tomorrow but I am organised and just doing quiche and salad.
Had a good OP day .Its really not that hard when you make up your mind and focus on Just doing it, lol :-)
Had a nice scotch fillet steak with panfried eggs tonight.
I think that I will make use of a rotisserie chicken for the next two nights before we go away and then I don't have to do cooking I know they have alot of sodium in but can't be helped, will just have to up my water (and not weigh )
Cya tomorrow
  #2048   ^
Old Mon, Mar-10-14, 07:39

BF:

I was busy yesterday, we were cutting up and wrapping 3 hogs it went froom 11am to 5pm, it was quite the day!

meals yesterday were all good
*Egg drop soups with 3 eggs and 2 hefty spoons of porg gelatin
*2 cold grilled chicken thigh (would have had the skin on the 3rd but it was burned so the dog got it all)
*Diet Mt Dew
*Fresh ham steak

didn't even eat much of the ham steak, I was full in a hurry. They got lazy on the last hog and didn't cut any fat off the meat. I'm talking they left huge chunks (not thrilled with the guys by this point) so I ate quite a bit of fat with my little bit of meat. A person can only eat so much fat though.
  #2049   ^
Old Tue, Mar-11-14, 08:02

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 242/205/180 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 60%

Hi Ladies -

I'm back..took off to NC for the weekend and spent all day yesterday trying ti catch up...posted a little bit, but didn't make a full run through everything.

All good on my M&E plan...stayed totally on plan all weekend, including the drive. I had packed SF jello and deviled eggs and my HWC for coffee.

Weight bobbling all over the place but back to 211-212 this morning. I'm thinking my digital scale may need a battery as it can't register the same # twice in a row...in the same minute!!! Good grief.

Anyway, as I glanced through the posts looks like all is well here.

Take care and have a super day!
Deanna
  #2050   ^
Old Tue, Mar-11-14, 11:17
Forum Founder

Plan: LC paleo
Stats: 241/188/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 52%

dear Meat & Eggers

It's time to start a new thread, as this one has >2000 replies .

Once you've started the new thread, I'll add the link here so everyone can find it.

Doreen
  #2051   ^
Old Fri, Mar-14-14, 09:09
Forum Founder

Plan: LC paleo
Stats: 241/188/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 52%

Closed Thread