Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1261   ^
Old Thu, Feb-04-16, 19:41

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 189/148.6/145 Female 5' 5"
BF:36%/28%/25%
Progress: 92%

There is something odd with the website! I am pretty sure I posted a comment for you, Mo, a few hours ago, which is gone.

Along with a whole slew of your posts.
Sponsored Links
  #1262   ^
Old Thu, Feb-04-16, 20:31

Plan: ZC Carnivore 100%
Stats: 170/147/140 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 77%

MickiSue, as best I can tell, all my posts are here. I posted a few hours ago. That's entry #1260 on bottom of page 84. Maybe you did what I've done in the past -- write a message, hit Go Advanced, then hit Preview Post & think I'd hit Submit Reply. No Submit Reply, entry goes bye-bye. Don't want to miss even one of your posts, girl.

mo
  #1263   ^
Old Fri, Feb-05-16, 08:20

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 189/148.6/145 Female 5' 5"
BF:36%/28%/25%
Progress: 92%

I think that I posted it in your journal, and then read here, not looking at the thread title, and thought I was in your journal.
  #1264   ^
Old Fri, Feb-05-16, 08:32
Registered Member

Plan: KetoCarnivore
Stats: 206.6/178/160 Female 5'7
BF:awesome
Progress: 61%

if you can find an outlet that sells beef cheeks, you will be in the money.
i've heard beef cheeks at walmart are tough.
i get them directly from the farmer.. as cheap if not cheaper than ground beef, very, very, very high ratio of fat, texture is like brisket.
i get them for $6.50 a pound and two cheeks are usually in the pack.
i put them in the crock pot for 4 hours. any longer and they fall apart and don't appeal to me.
cheap, fatty, absolutely delicious.
  #1265   ^
Old Fri, Feb-05-16, 10:11

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickiSue
I think that I posted it in your journal, and then read here, not looking at the thread title, and thought I was in your journal.

I do that myself sometimes, MickiSue. It's an easy mistake to make. Good to know I didn't miss one of your posts!
mo
  #1266   ^
Old Fri, Feb-05-16, 10:14

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotGal
if you can find an outlet that sells beef cheeks, you will be in the money.
i've heard beef cheeks at walmart are tough.
i get them directly from the farmer.. as cheap if not cheaper than ground beef, very, very, very high ratio of fat, texture is like brisket.
i get them for $6.50 a pound and two cheeks are usually in the pack.
i put them in the crock pot for 4 hours. any longer and they fall apart and don't appeal to me.
cheap, fatty, absolutely delicious.

That sounds interesting, but I have no access to farmers.
mo
  #1267   ^
Old Mon, Jun-20-16, 14:15

BF:

I keep coming back to this site because of all I learned about myself by reading the comments here & the journal of the woman who started this thread. I eat mostly eggs, butter, fish, chicken. But some days I still eat two loosely packed cups of romaine lettuce, so I don't claim to be ZC. However, I keep coming back to this thread, rereading the comments by the woman who started it.

Last edited by Desert Mo : Thu, Jun-23-16 at 08:28.
  #1268   ^
Old Tue, Jun-21-16, 12:26

BF:

Ate 3 eggs cooked in 1 T butter, 2 eggs HB, & 4 skinless boneless chicken thighs yesterday + ended the evening with my hot toddy (1 T butter atop 1 c chicken bouillon). Weight down 0.3 lb this morning. Not a big drop, but moving in the right direction. I eat only when hungry. 3 eggs cooked in a T of butter held me 5 hrs, 2 HB eggs 4 hrs after the chicken. 108 here today, 19% humidity (desert). I drink a lot of cold spring water & some coffee. I eat only when hungry, as I said, which isn't the same as whenever food appeals to me. If I ate when food sounded good, I'd be eating all day. My path may not be yours. I do what seems to work for me.
  #1269   ^
Old Wed, Jun-22-16, 14:11

BF:

Technically there is no such thing as zero carb in meat, eggs. Even meat has a tiny bit of carb in it.

(Don't ask me why. I was an English major & I don't claim to know a fact from what I read, most of which I sometimes think makes better fantasy fiction than Harry Potter.)

I eat when truly hungry & wait to be sure it's hunger I'm responding to, not just Wanna Eat That! After many years of eating from other prompts than true hunger, it can take me a bit to distinguish the two.

Last edited by Desert Mo : Thu, Jun-23-16 at 08:24.
  #1270   ^
Old Wed, Jun-22-16, 14:22

BF:

The woman who started this ZC thread in 2010 is no longer active in ALCF, I think. However, she used ZC to cure herself of the eating disorder bulimia as well as several other physical ailments. To see what she shares in this thread, go to the very first entry. This is page 85, so hit the tab above called "First."

When you do that, you can also tap on her underlined name at the top left of her first share to go to her User CP page & access her journal where she goes into good detail about exactly how she did ZC & why.

Last edited by Desert Mo : Thu, Jun-23-16 at 07:42.
  #1271   ^
Old Wed, Jun-29-16, 14:36

BF:

Removed by writer for personal reasons.

Last edited by Desert Mo : Fri, Jul-08-16 at 14:41.
  #1272   ^
Old Wed, Jun-29-16, 14:38

BF:

Removed by writer for personal reasons.

Last edited by Desert Mo : Fri, Jul-08-16 at 14:41.
  #1273   ^
Old Fri, Jul-08-16, 11:37

BF:

Above two messages are silly. They were by me. I've erased them. I'm back ZC again.

Not doing it solo anymore either. Am getting good solid direction from an online ZC group in Facebook called ZIOH (Zeroing in on Health) plus a couple FB friends who are ZC veterans ... that is, people who've lived ZC successfully for years.

I recommend ZIOH for anyone who is really serious about that way of life. But I warn you: they don't abide looky-loos, people who just wanna go there & ask questions or question the wisdom of living ZC in some way. It's a great group for serious people.

I'm not going to be sharing in this thread in future. There are no ZC veterans here that I know of.

Perhaps we'll cross paths in ZIOH. If not, adios ...

Last edited by Desert Mo : Fri, Jul-08-16 at 14:40.
  #1274   ^
Old Sat, Jul-09-16, 11:25
Wag more, bark less.

Plan: Meat.
Stats: 216/149/145 Female 65.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 94%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Mo

I'm not going to be sharing in this thread in future. There are no ZC veterans here that I know of.

Perhaps we'll cross paths in ZIOH. If not, adios ...

Hi, Desert Mo! I'm here and check in occasionally; I've been ZC since 2009. I'm also on the ZIOH FB group--I'm a moderator there, although life has been hectic lately so I'm quiet in both places. I'm glad you've been posting here, and glad you're sticking with ZC.
  #1275   ^
Old Sat, Jul-09-16, 11:50

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OregonRose
Hi, Desert Mo! I'm here and check in occasionally; I've been ZC since 2009. I'm also on the ZIOH FB group--I'm a moderator there, although life has been hectic lately so I'm quiet in both places. I'm glad you've been posting here, and glad you're sticking with ZC.

You were one of my original inspirations to go ZC last year, Oregon Rose. I spent a lot of time reading/rereading your journal here as well as elsewhere online.

Also found Bear's old journal here & read/reread the portions written by him about ZC (ignoring the BS from others there). Also read the journal of Suzannayea (who started this thread) on how she used ZC to overcome her bulimia.

I've been back to ZIOH on FB days or a week now. Believe I'm getting the best info & guidance about ZC there. Glad you are there. I come back for my journal here since I need to write (have all my life) & also for a few friends here like MickiSue who have given me lots of support to live ZC, even though they aren't living ZC.