Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#136   ^
Old Fri, Jul-23-10, 10:53

Plan: vlc
Stats: 272/272/152 Female 5 ft 4 in
BF:let me look, yep
Progress: 0%

I love this chicken, I make it alot and as matter of fact and making it again tonight...I add mushrooms and italian cheese to the sauce for my husband and he says the sauce is so good he could drink it like soup...lol...its a great recipe for me...
Sponsored Links
  #137   ^
Old Sun, Jul-25-10, 19:02

Plan: Atkins 72
Stats: 129/129/112 Female 5'2
BF:

I wonder if you make just the hwc/butter sauce w/spices and poured it over scrambled eggs would it be nearly as good as with the chicken?
  #138   ^
Old Wed, Aug-04-10, 17:17

Plan: low carb
Stats: -/-/- Female 5´7"
BF:
Progress: 39%

Quote:
Originally Posted by capmikee
I don't have to worry about wasting food because I give the whites to my chickens (cooked).

Does it make them cannibals?
  #139   ^
Old Mon, Aug-09-10, 06:19
Keepin' It Real

Plan: IF
Stats: 250/160/150 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 90%

I only recently saw this thread. I am on day 7 of zero carb and I'm wanting to adopt it as a permanent lifestyle. My hunger is diminishing and my cravings are pretty much non-existent. It is the most simple, carefree WOE I can imagine. No counting or figuring at all. Just eat when hungry.

I don't have much weight to lose, but I just want my body to take over from here and seek its own level. I've got a goal weight listed in my stats, but that's just a reference point; I don't know where I will end up. If I eat this way, I find I don't have to worry about it. I only weigh out of curiosity.

I'm eating all meats, poultry and fish, animal-source fats, butter, eggs, cheeses, sour cream, and cream. The only non-animal foods I'm using are coconut oil, walnut oil, mustard, and hot sauce.

I made oopsie rolls for the first time yesterday out of eggs, cream cheese, and a little salt. That's it. Delicious!

Last edited by BlueSojrn : Tue, Aug-10-10 at 07:59.
  #140   ^
Old Tue, Aug-10-10, 08:07
Keepin' It Real

BF:

Is there anyone here still doing ZC?

This begins the 2nd week for me and I'm doing well. I know it takes at least two weeks for keto-adaptation, and possibly months before a full adjustment from removal of my addictive substances. I have quit alcohol and caffeine recently too. So I'm doing it all in one fell swoop!

I lost most of my weight on Atkins induction level. At near my goal weight, I was really struggling when I tried to add carbs back in to slow down loss and ease into maintenance. This wasn't working at all. I was gaining weight instead, and it instigated cravings and bloat. It was so frustrating.

So, I figure I need to cut the carbs and keep them out forever in order to be able to relax and enjoy maintenance.

I feel so much different already. No bloat. No cravings. My tummy is still and happy. My energy feels grounded, balanced, and centered. I sometimes eat only twice a day because I just don't get hungry. The food is very satisfying and I'm good to go for six hours or more before hunger starts to come back.

And then when I do get hungry, it doesn't feel like this urgent thing of "eat now!" It feels like I can postpone it without much discomfort.

I've been reading at the ZIOH forum and want to join there after I have a couple weeks under my belt. But I thought if I could get something going here, it might be fun.
  #141   ^
Old Tue, Aug-10-10, 10:17

Plan: VLC
Stats: 270/201/160 Female 5'2
BF:
Progress: 63%

I think most of them are on the meat and eggs thread witch is also zc or under 5 carbs
  #142   ^
Old Tue, Aug-10-10, 10:37

momma is right there is many of us on the meat and eggs thread or i do under 5 carbs a day and post daily on the under 10 carbs a day thread
  #143   ^
Old Tue, Aug-10-10, 15:11

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 270/238.5/120 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 21%

Im getting so frustrated...im losing weight,but it doesnt seem fast enough....im just getting so frustrated.
  #144   ^
Old Tue, Aug-10-10, 16:37

I know exactly how you feel friend....it is not fast enough for me either...but look at your stats..AWESOME..GREAT JOB...you should be so proud..CONGRATS...
  #145   ^
Old Wed, Aug-11-10, 04:13

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 179/164/145 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 44%

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSojrn
Is there anyone here still doing ZC?

This begins the 2nd week for me and I'm doing well. I know it takes at least two weeks for keto-adaptation, and possibly months before a full adjustment from removal of my addictive substances. I have quit alcohol and caffeine recently too. So I'm doing it all in one fell swoop!

I lost most of my weight on Atkins induction level. At near my goal weight, I was really struggling when I tried to add carbs back in to slow down loss and ease into maintenance. This wasn't working at all. I was gaining weight instead, and it instigated cravings and bloat. It was so frustrating.

So, I figure I need to cut the carbs and keep them out forever in order to be able to relax and enjoy maintenance.

I feel so much different already. No bloat. No cravings. My tummy is still and happy. My energy feels grounded, balanced, and centered. I sometimes eat only twice a day because I just don't get hungry. The food is very satisfying and I'm good to go for six hours or more before hunger starts to come back.

And then when I do get hungry, it doesn't feel like this urgent thing of "eat now!" It feels like I can postpone it without much discomfort.

I've been reading at the ZIOH forum and want to join there after I have a couple weeks under my belt. But I thought if I could get something going here, it might be fun.

Hi Jen,
It's good to hear you doing great on zc. I, too, have found that zc is THE BEST way to live life. I've low carbed since 2003, with great success, but like many other "faulty human beings" I've fallen in and out of bad habits, and weight gain/loss. But I've always found zc to be the quickest, cleanest, best way of eating and I figure if I can live over 80% of the rest of my life zc I'll be fine, health-wise.
Besides, there's nothing better than meat and fat. Sorry, but even french fries are starting to lose their hold over me. I'm not completly zero carb - no one really is. I ususally have eggs, beef (all kinds, but rib-eye is the best--really fatty), Pork (not easy to get here), chicken, lamb, mutton, goat, fish and some camel (when I can find it). (PS - I'm currently living where there are camels... go figure) I augment with butter, ghee, coconut oil and hwc. Snacks are sometimes almonds or small amounts of cheese, when I don't have precooked meat/chicken. My vices are diet coke and some alcohol (GOOD for YOU to fight that issue early!). And about every week I'll have one dish of broccoli, cauliflower or spinach. I do this mostly because I love the taste of them and once a week or so doesn't affect weight loss/health. Simple as that. It keeps my belly flat and my hunger and weight in check.
I used to be a zealot about lc/zc, but now I just live life and eat what I want. So while I read this, and other boards, I don't really post unless something really strikes me, like your post.

It's great to know that people like you and I have found the easiest way to health and weight loss/maintenance. I wish we could grab everyone else by the shoulders and shake them and yell "It's all so easy! Just eat meat and fat for the vast majority of your meals! You'll see the light!!!" (See the zealot in me.) Oh well...
  #146   ^
Old Wed, Aug-11-10, 11:16
Keepin' It Real

BF:

It's so early in my ZC journey (day 9) that I believe I'm feeling a bit of induction sleepies and blahs. Feeling kind of punky. I had a cup of coffee yesterday. It helped perk me up, but just for a little while. And then it kept me from sleeping last night. Today, all I want to do is go back to bed! No More Coffee!!

I put two ribeye steaks in the fridge to air dry last night. I will leave them for four-five days. This is the first time I've done this, having just learned about it. I'm also wanting to try dry aging, but you have to get a whole slab of prime meat to do that and it takes two weeks in the fridge. I've eaten plenty of aged beef before and it is superior in taste and juicyness. So I'm happy to be able to do it myself.

Last edited by BlueSojrn : Thu, Aug-12-10 at 09:18.
  #147   ^
Old Wed, Aug-11-10, 12:17

BF:
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljsmom
I know exactly how you feel friend....it is not fast enough for me either...but look at your stats..AWESOME..GREAT JOB...you should be so proud..CONGRATS...

Thank you so much for the support. I am starting to believe it may be because I am not eating enough. Getting everything ready for class...everything has been so rigorous and i just feel so, so freaking tired. Im 31 and i shouldnt feel tired.
Yuck.
Again, thank you for the support and also...has anyone tried the 2 month tuna fish and mayo thing? Ive read about it and it is 2 months tuna and mayo, a bit of onion if absolutely necessary and an occasional cup of spinach and/or tomato.
Just curious.
  #148   ^
Old Wed, Aug-11-10, 12:28
Keepin' It Real

BF:

Fungusgirl: In my mind, ZC is associated with a diet of animal products, and no plants. Tuna is the only thing you mentioned in your last post that fits into that category. This tuna mayo diet you mention would fit in a VLC framework, but not ZC.

Not eating enough is a no-win situation. You can eat lots whenever you're hungry when you don't eat carbs.
  #149   ^
Old Wed, Aug-11-10, 12:39

BF:

im really not a carb eater, but i was just relaying what i had heard about. I can stop posting here and move to vlc then.
as for the no eating..its not on purpose. things have been insanely busy in my life right now....
  #150   ^
Old Wed, Aug-11-10, 13:10
Registered Member

Plan: my own lc plan
Stats: 174/156/140 Female 5'4"
BF:not sure?
Progress: 53%

Is it possible to do zc without eating organs? If so how to you make sure you have enough vitamins and phytochemicals like beta-carotene and vitamin C? Do you all take supplements?