Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Apr-23-05, 14:11

Plan: atkins
Stats: 283/283/250 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 0%
Cool Come read this!!!

Im either looking for a buddy to help motivate me or looking to help a buddy get motivated....i need something to do with my time or else i will spend it eating in front of the television.... anyways about me....

My name is ashley...i live in ohio....im 18 years old...no kids...live with parents....going to college in september to be an LPN......I have been on and off atkins for 3 years.....first time i was a junior in high school and went to the doctor and weighed in at 278 and i cried....it was the biggest i had ever been....went on atkins and lost 30 pounds.....then i gained it all back plus a pound.......now im back on atkins again.....i want to lose 15 pounds by may 21 when i get baptized...and hopefully down to 235 (15 more pounds) by july...and hopefully weigh 165- 200 pounds by novemeber 18th......for my moms anniversary........i am currently exercising once a day (walking 45-60 min)in the morning...i want to start doing 50 situps every night...and doing exercise tapes in the afternoon.....umm i think thats all now tell me about you
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Apr-23-05, 14:21

Plan: NS
Stats: 300/294/160 Female 5'5-1/2"
BF:Yup, it's there
Progress: 4%

Hi Ashley

Nice to meet ya... I'm Nancy, I'm 42. I have three kids and a grandson. My oldest is a couple of years old than you (21). My youngest are pre-teens. My grandson is 4-1/2 months. Life if obviously very hectic around here.

I work in the medical field. That's great you're studying to be an LPN. You'll love the medical field - it's always changing and there is always something new to learn.

Other than that, I'm doing Atkins again for the umpth time?? Now that the kids are getting older I'm anticipating "empty nest syndrome" and it's definitely time to take care of me for a change, so I'm sticking it out this time - more a way of life than diet. That mindset really, really helps.

So, that's about it. Feel free to drop me a message anytime you're feeling the need for a friend/motivator and I'll certainly try to help out.

Oh, and I took at peak at your gallery pictures - what a beautiful girl you are. You remind me very much of a girlfriend my daughter had during high school. You're senior pictures are beautiful.

Nancy
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Apr-23-05, 14:28

BF:

Thanks nancy...i need lots of help because sometime temptation takes over me so i will ask for advice when i need it...so how long have you been on atkins this time.....i been on and off since jan 5 but i just restarted watching carbs on tuesday...but not on induction
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Apr-24-05, 08:44

Hi Ashley -

Started again the day before Thanksgiving (after a year off) and just kept losing the same old ten pounds over and over. I think my biggest downfall was all the fake foods and "treats." I've eliminated them for the most part this time and I find it's much easier. Once in a while I'll have a LC candy or ice-cream, but I don't make it a regular part of my plan these days. It really works.

I had been retaining a ton of water the past two weeks, but refused to give in and I'm proud to report that since Friday night the damn has broken - I've dropped nine pounds between Friday night and this morning (water obviously).

My best advice and what I find works really well for me is that when I'm thinking of going wayside, I keep chugging water and more water. By then I'm too full to think about the cheat.

It's hard, I know, but thinking of this as your new way of life and not a diet helps also.

Nancy
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Apr-24-05, 21:26

BF:

yeah i dont know nancy....ive completly fell off the wagon today...my aunt made sunday dinner and wow...i smashed....i mean i ate way too much....i know i gained atleast a pound....but starting tomorrow back to induction.....or maybe a meat and egg fast...dont know yet
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Apr-25-05, 06:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cute4u_04
yeah i dont know nancy....ive completly fell off the wagon today...my aunt made sunday dinner and wow...i smashed....i mean i ate way too much....i know i gained atleast a pound....but starting tomorrow back to induction.....or maybe a meat and egg fast...dont know yet

Just chug water today and eat legal... The trick is not to turn it into a rolling carb fest. Just jump back on and you should be fine.
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Apr-25-05, 08:16

BF:

yeah im back on track...i did 3 and a half miles today around the park and i think im gonna go to my grandmas workout room today or ill do some more walking this afernoon and i think im going on a meat and egg fast...have you ever tried it?
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Apr-25-05, 08:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cute4u_04
i think im going on a meat and egg fast...have you ever tried it?

I've not tried the meat/egg fast per say, but there was a week that funds were low and well it was tough..... I basically ate the same thing every day - eggs for breakfast, tuna for lunch, and hamburger for dinner - no extras, nothing and I did lose 6 pounds that week.... so I guess it was meat/egg (modified a little I guess because of mayo with tuna?)

Sounds like you have a plan. Have you considered joining one of the challenges? They are good in that they keep you focused..... right now I'm in the cheat free weekend one and the get moving and motivated. So far so good.

Congrats on getting right back on track. I think you'll do just fine.
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Apr-25-05, 08:49

BF:

i just joined the ?? lbs in may one......ill go check out the others