Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#1306   ^
Old Thu, Mar-23-17, 15:51

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Good Afternoon ladies!

Trig- After the "butt kicking"- I didn't see the update on the BOLT? By the way- I agree with EVERYTHING you said. I really don't know WHAT I was thinking on those nuts. Anyway they hit the trash- before I could finish off the other half!

Leeann- So fun to hear about your DS18- you won't know what to do with your self when DS15 hits that point! You might need to get a puppy! That is what most of us do! Your Bella could use a playmate. HA Hope the play goes well. Are you taping it? What a old fashioned word. TAPING My kids would be like..... What is taping something....... hahaha

Kmom- OMG- call that transfer into a loop make me CRAZY! If the big IF you get a real person- half the time they don't speak English! Glad you got through that nightmare.
Update on doctor to follow! Thanks for asking!

Blue- How was your day. I am still relishing a Blue moment. So did you get to work from home?

Cat- thinking of you-

Lori- I can't wait to feel so good again I can even walk , let alone boxing. Dang girl- keep us going with all that motivation!
------------------------------------------------------------
All,
Sooooooo I went to work- and left early for my doctor appt. Well I will just cut to the chase. It was exactly as my surgeon thought. My "self dissolving stiches that were suppose to disappear in 3-4 weeks are taking longer than normal.
I am the 4th person in his office for the SAME issue due to a "bad" lot number on the sutures. They have removed those from the OR.
So my body is now REJECTING the sutures- became swollen and painful and inflamed since Sunday. I'm so glad I went in.

He removed what he could- but there are still 3-4 more that would not come out. Yes I cried like a baby- hurt like He!!-
I am now on 10 days of Cipro- ya the big guns, he shot me in the hip with steroid, and gave me motrin 800 and wants to see me in a week.

the good news- hopefully the few stiches left will resolve in the next week, no surgery. But dam- inflamed, pain, and blow me up like a balloon. Me and steroids, inflammation and weight loss DO NOT MIX.

So I am not stepping on the scale for the next week or so- I don't know what my base line even is at this point. I have been dealing with this frekin issue for a good 2 years. So I just need to give myself some self love and just be ok- and eat clean, on my WOE and do what I can.

I am not tossing my motivation out the window. I am allowing my body to truly heal. And then adjust from there.

ok all enjoy your evening.
Had stir fry- chicken, few veggies, and that is it for today. I only had one meal as I was supposed to go to doctor fasting- just in case. I didn't leave office till 430. - then had to get scripts. OMG I hate steroids- I will be a bowling ball- it's a slow release good for a WEEK- OK TRIG- SHOOT ME AND PUT ME OUT
Should take off my rings while I can.

Ok rambled way to long-

thanks for the listen
Sponsored Links
  #1307   ^
Old Thu, Mar-23-17, 17:09

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi all,

Trigger---LOL, I'm pretty DARN sure YOU can get Bolt to eat. Still, this is A LOT of havoc going on for you right now. I am a wishin' and a hopin' for easier days ahead for you---and they WILL come, as everything in life cycles.

Really liked reading about how you have approached lower cals, giving yourself a great transition plan. But then, you're the gal that actually figured out the perfect time to get a dog for the kiddo! You have a "clockwork" kind of mind. Excellent. And it's working for you. Love it.

Nic---Thinking "break a leg" for your son about now, and wishing you the joy of parental pride. AND, wishing that your mom can get outside of herself, and feel some joy too.

Jaz---Ok girl, I'm a gonna challenge you to STICK to your plan of NOT weighing yourself as you go thru whatever is necessary to finish this thing off.

So happy for you to learn this may be able to be solved without further surgery---always the best option. So whatever---yeah, the steroids are going to blow you up, etc etc. But you NEED to have this OVER and until then, the scale is SO NOT YOUR FRIEND, and is not giving you useful information---just info that is going to bum you out for no reason that you can control right now. Get this behind you, really behind you, and that will take the time it does. THEN, the scale might have something useful to say.

Lori---When I was a work out freak, I loved the boxing work outs the most. Whoa, what a great way to discharge stress! I was always having such a good time in my mind hitting something or someone w/my moves I never felt any pain in the workout. Used to SO get into it, LOL.

K-mom---OMG, just reading your post about dealing w/phone trees, and trying to make sense out of what we must do made my blood pressure go up. Good on you for getting thru it and conquering it.

But most of all, I really love that you're here more often these days and sharing with us what K-mom's days are all about. Love that. And, I DO believe the more often one comes here and shares whatever, the better we all do on our woes.

Water: Thursday, 3/4. Need to do better, I know.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Really excellent day for me at work, edit in this case. We are finishing up a project that is so fun, and has turned out so great. I am reminded that the work politics that I hate are as cyclical as all life is. Happy to be in a better part of that cycle.

Had a ceaser salad w/chicken on site, which is about the most unjacked up salad you can order. Not hungry at all right now, but will eat something for dinner, just don't know what, and perfectly happy that it doesn't seem all that important to me.
  #1308   ^
Old Fri, Mar-24-17, 03:07

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Having an easy morning as I decided to skip boot camp. My hips are a little grouchy from the other workouts this week, plus my chiro adjustment. Also there is some freezing rain coming and I'm not fond of driving in that in the dark at 5:30 in the morning. ACK! I probably would have gotten home before it starts, but it seems like as good an excuse as any.

Trig...wondering how Bolt is doing? I have heard so many stories about people's dogs eating odd things and ending up with surgery to remove. One time my niece's Schnauzer puppy unraveled a throw rug and ate the yarn and had to have the "ball" surgically removed! Hope your pup is recovering nicely.

Jaz...how are you doing today? I just cringed when I read of that stitch removal and the pain. Hope the meds have alleviated your discomfort. It just isn't right that you're having this complication. Keep your chin up girl, better days are coming.

Nic...hope things are going ok with your Mother. Smile, smile, smile.

Blue...glad you had a nice day at work. Remember days like that when you have a rough one. Any fun weekend plans?

Lazy day ahead. Tomorrow we are to be near 70. I will be out walking for miles! It would be warm enough for golf, but the course may be too wet. I'll see if I hear from any of my golfing buddies. I'm ready to get out there! Sunday we're back to the 40's. This weather is nuts!

Later!
  #1309   ^
Old Fri, Mar-24-17, 03:28

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

this household is a friggin' nightmare right now.

hubby sick as a dog with what I had. same everything and I know how bad I was so I know he is miserable. He left for work but was thinking of calling in sick, I said just go in and if ya die come home early I bet 99.9% sure he will be home in about 4 hrs. He is bad off right now.

I got dog to eat of course Brought him home. He laid down only 1 time on my bed cause he basically just passed out. He won't sleep at all. He just stands. He is hurting big time. This is just nuts ya know. I feel so friggin' sorry for him....ya know more than I do for hubby HA HA just cause he can't express his troubles LOL Called vet and I can increase pain meds a bit for him. This recovery is rough on all of us!!

bill was $2,312 but worth every penny for him, just gotta get past recovery now!

no sleep for me mostly dragging to the max

so when kiddo goes off to school I will bring doggie on bed and lie down and see if I can get him down and asleep. I might have to go to my regular vet and get sedation for him, the emerg. vet mentioned it if this restless goes too far.

Blue ya had me laughing. my 'clockwork' mind which should be excellent is truly nothing but a control freak situation in my life and honestly I am tired of hell of it I am one step from selling it all and hitting the road and saying I am done and changing my lifestyle come heck or highwater HA HA but heck can't do that with sick hubby and sick dog right now LOL

omg I am going bonkers here!

Last edited by Whirrlly : Fri, Mar-24-17 at 03:36.
  #1310   ^
Old Fri, Mar-24-17, 04:34

BF:

TRIG- I know you MUST be having a really rough time. Especially if you are thinking of eating your dog! You must re-read your post, I did laugh out loud at that- I am sure you met TREAT- your pet. (you get me on my zingers EVERY TIME)
I in all seriousness hope things get better for you ALL! Goodness what a month you have all had! Maybe when the hubby heals- and the pooch gets better, and the pollen goes away- you can get into your pool with a ice cold beer and put this behind ya!

Blue- So glad yesterday was a good day. I have gotten tired of chicken Caesar myself- but like you if I am in a situation where I need to order something, that will be my go to . Because it is a simple salad, minus the croutons.

Challenge me on the scale? I really wrote that???? HAHAHA - I know. I agree with you on this one. I could get really discouraged fast about this one- and it's outta my control. But I will give it a while.

Kmom- good for you to not have given in to eating over that call and court thing. Good thing you DID'NT have to go! Stupid stuff like that drive me crazy.
I got a letter from the state of SC- DVM- saying they were going to SUSPEND my license and fine me because I failed to prove insurance in the state! I had been living here in GA for 6 months!!!!-
But I have to make a copy of my GA drivers license fill out a stupid form, and make copies of my insurance- and take it all to the post office and mail it with a receipt. Got a POST CARD back saying all clear- middle finger to stupid stuff-

Ok- yesterday I get a pass with not eating or drinking due to doctors appt. Was not suppose to eat or drink. So I came in at 2/6. I will up it today.

Lori- I was wondering if you might be a little sore from bootcamp. You have been out of it for a minute. It is really amazing how fast one losing momentum. But I have no doubt you will get it back fast.

Agreed this weather is CRAZY. You are just a little north and east of me. Trig and I are only a state over- so we the SAME weather about the same time. If I get rain she gets it a few hours later. I forgot exactly where you are. On the coast right?

Leeann- tonight is the big night? check. EVERYONE at your house? check. Kids in HS play- priceless! So are you doing a food spread for everyone? Have fun tonight!

Cat- you are missed
-----------------------------------------------
Morning- it's FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Happy Dance.

It has been a long week. Ready for it to be over. Truth be told I am ready to fast forward a month- When the sunshine stays out and the weather is warm and STAYS- and the pollen is over. The only thing you can smell is fresh cut lawns and BBQ grills! Can't wait.

I know we haven't had snow- but it seems this winter was long and people have been sick. Ready for Spring to really settle in.

Still hurting- but I am going to work. It's tolerable, knowing it will not last forever. Thing is I have to STOP taking my thryiod supplement due to the Cipro antibiotic- interaction. But priority is to get this surgery issue once and for all behind me for good.

Then I can reboot. I have a fresh batch of chicken broth ready to get out of my crock pot. It has been simmering for 2 days now. I strain the bones- they end up as mush. I actually put that in the blender add a little broth and give that to Bella- OMG she goes crazy. She gets all those minerals and good stuff.

Trig- ask your vet is Bolt can have homemade bone broth. Just a thought- ask about turmeric for Bolt too- I gave my Bella some about 1/4 tea on morning food with broth- took care of her pain, limp.

Ok- gotta run.
We got rain on the way for late Sat. and all day Sunday. It won't be a total wash out.

The kids are coming Sat. for lunch and shopping. I get to play Grammy- Got the baby some wooden blocks with the abc's on them. Remember those?

Have wonderful day-
Chicken and mayo for lunch- thinking eggs and leftover slaw for dinner. May change that up- I am usually tired on Friday evening. But it will be 100%
  #1311   ^
Old Fri, Mar-24-17, 06:41

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Kmom- hugs to you on having to deal with that bureaucratic stuff. I know it was stressful but you did it!

Ugh Jaz, that doctor appointment sounds awful!! I am so sorry for you. I'm glad most of the stitches came out though and hopefully there will be no need for an operation or anything like that. Try to stay off the scale!

Blue- Fingers crossed that you are indeed in the better part of the work cycle and delighted for you that things are going so well in all areas and all ways. Hopefully the extra daylight is helping too, and things are starting to warm up a bit over the next week or two.

Lori- I can imagine that boot camp is pretty butt-kicking right now so easing your way back in is probably a good thing. You will be back up to speed in no time!

Trig- So glad that you got Bolt to eat!! (and Jaz, she meant she got Bolt to eat food bc he wouldn't eat at the vet so they wouldn't release him!) But bless his heart on feeling so much pain and discomfort-- and your poor DH being felled by that ass-kicking illness that you had too! Your head must be spinning right off your shoulders. Hang in there, GF!

•••••••••••••••••

Today is the day! The musical kicks off tonight. So much on the boys' plates and they are totally overwhelmed and stressed- but it will all culminate in joy when the show goes on and the fruits of their labor pay off.

Hanging on by a thread so far here myself, but my DH has been a gem. He knows that this visit challenges me more than most other events in my life. Today I will be leaving the house for a while to write my CASA court report and then this weekend there will be other people around to help dilute things, more activity etc. That will help. CASA cross-agency meeting on Monday and then departure day is Tuesday! After that all focus goes to the London trip.

Tonight I'm just doing pasta and homemade sauce and homemade meatballs. Maybe some garlic bread. Tomorrow night we will eat dinner out but limiting that to one night will help keep costs down.
  #1312   ^
Old Fri, Mar-24-17, 09:29

BF:

Jaz...I am in Pennsylvania, right in the middle of the state, so quite a bit north of you! I wish I lived further south and by the coast. The ocean is my happy place. I don't get there nearly enough.

I'm just ready to scare up some lunch. All I've had so far is my Keto coffee. I need to have a glass of water and then some hard boiled eggs, swiss cheese and a cup of beef broth...with a pat of butter added...YUM! Yes, I am LCHF/Keto. Down over 2 lbs since Monday. Chipping away at it.

Bye for now!
  #1313   ^
Old Fri, Mar-24-17, 15:18

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hi all-

Not doing awesome at not eating my frustrations. Not really bad, but not really good. I have eaten no children or dogs. Could be worse, I suppose! LOL

Today has been MUCH better. I was home until 11 AM and then cleared out- as of that time my Mom was not up yet. I ran a couple of errands and then set up at a study table in the library and drafted my court report. So that was a huge thing - the initial report is ready and written (court takes place while I am out of town) and whatever needs to be changed after the FIM meeting on Monday will be easy enough to add in, but the bulk of the research and work is complete.

I got home around 3:30 and the boys surprised me by being home- they came home for an hour of quiet before Call. They are back at school and getting ready to hit the stage at 7. OMG! I just got the nervous hiney cringe for them just then!

I've got dinner going, DD21 and BF are due here at 5:30, Dh will be home by 5:30 and we will eat and get ready to head over around 6:30. YIPES!
  #1314   ^
Old Fri, Mar-24-17, 15:43

BF:

Have a BLAST LEEANN!!!!!!! Suck it up for what it is- a wonderful time for your boys! You will be so proud! We want details- You are enjoying dinner as I write this and most likely in a rush- so much fun.

Lori- I know you have told me before where you live- forgot- oh Penn state huh? LOL - Next door to Ohio- I know your weather! Sorry

All- Today was an awesome day for me at work. Got SO much done. Just a little work horse. Even my bossed noticed. She thanked my a couple times for helping her on a project she was supposed to have done in Jan. and it just sat there. So without her asking I picked it up because I had spare time.

yea- suck up - whatever it needs done for the good of the dept. She was so grateful- I even worked through my lunch. Ate at my desk.... kept working. It did feel good to almost complete it- I brought it home to finish Sunday. It won't take long to finish. But I could tell she was impressed.

Still having pain- lower than yesterday. But I am needing to take that 800 motrin. But working with what the doctor said.
So the big issue for me is took much frekin eating outta my window.
My Cipro needs taken in am with FOOD- no!!!!! eckkkkk
That is my issue. then it needs taken again about 9 pm with food- serious? By the end of the day I will have eaten at 9 - 5- and 9 too much. even a little- no rest time for body. It is taking me outta my fasting mode.

I need to give this some thought.

ok all rest of you- defer to my above post.

REST and REST tonight-
dinner- stir fry cali - and left over chicken. 1 glass red wine.
  #1315   ^
Old Fri, Mar-24-17, 20:14

Plan: 20 net carbs
Stats: 250/210/175 Female 5 feet 8 inches
BF:
Progress:

Water Hounds:
Monday: Jaz 5/6, Blue 3/4, KMom 4/4
Tuesday: Jaz 6/6, Blue _/4, KMom 5/4
Wednesday: Jaz 6/6, Blue 3/4, KMom 4/4
Thursday: PASS for Jaz, Blue 3/4, KMom 4/4
Jaz for sure gets a pass!
  #1316   ^
Old Fri, Mar-24-17, 20:17

Plan: 20 net carbs
Stats: 250/210/175 Female 5 feet 8 inches
BF:
Progress:

SO bushed! Sub taught today plus a ton of other stuff going on. Picked up my SD and have her for two days. Drove two hours in traffic after work to get her. Doing great, just bushed.

Did well eating at work today. Brought two hamburger patties I had fried. Had them on a small piece of LB with a thin slice of tomato and a thin slice of swiss cheese. Added a touch of low sugar catsup. They held me really well. Had my O4 for breakfast and a stir fry over riced cauliflower for supper. Great day for me eating wise. Come in under 20 net carbs!

Well post more tomorrow or Sunday.

K-Mom 10x3
  #1317   ^
Old Fri, Mar-24-17, 20:51

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi all,

Nic---Hahahahaha! "a nervous hiney twinge" I know that feeling! Hey, I'm even feeling it for your boys right now, even though w/our time diff their performance is over. Hope it was glorious---DO share details.

Don't worry about your eating this week. From the sounds of it when your mom comes you need some room, in all ways. Great that you got out of the house today and were able to be so productive and for such a good cause. That kind of thing will sop up a lot of frustration---along w/some treats. You'll do just fine the minute she's gone, and will motor down those few pounds like you always do.

Not worried about you in the least when it comes to your woe. Do what you gotta do to make it thru, and then everything will revert to normal. You know how to do it!

Trigger---OMG girl, my heart goes out to you with all this stuff going on. Agree w/you TOTALLY, there's something about a sick or injured pet that just squeezes your heart so hard for the reason you said---they can't talk, they can't tell you exactly how they are feeling---but they let you know in their own little ways, and their own language, and there is something that is just so soul stirring and touching about that. And w/dogs, well, they'll just do anything to make you happy when they're well and frisky, so when they aren't---oh, boo hoo.

Jaz---So sorry you're mired down w/all these drugs and yet MORE recovery. But puuuuuleeeeeeeze, try as best you can to just let it be right now and NOT worry about your weight, just till this is over. You don't have a choice but to take doctors orders and get better, so why waste your energy and spirit fighting it?

I LOVE how you, like Nic put your angst into doing something really productive today, and helping your boss out, and proving your own value, no matter what the scale says. Bravo. THIS is the kind of thing that lifts one's spirit and belief in oneself---and once your recovery is complete, that confidence and spirit will be well spent fighting the battle of the bulge.

Lori---Down two pounds! YAY.

K-mom---water/Friday: 4/4

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Had a nice quiet day. Got a few things done I've been putting off. Always a good feeling.

Just home from dinner out w/a neighbor. Great happy hour at this place, CHEAP, and did have a couple bites of wood roasted pizza app. Then a salad for dinner. Would say I came in at around 25 NCs and 1500 cals. Decent woe day.

Tomorrow, NO plans. SIGH. More and more, loving that. Hope to make it a low cal day---shooting for around 12-1300.

Have not set a toe on the scale for over a week. My clothes feel good on me, and I have been doing darn good, if not perfect. No real treat night for over 2 months. The scale de-motivates me right now, as it has been stuck somewhere I don't feel I am, no matter what I do.

Y'know gals, after the later part of last year, thru holidays etc, I REALLY felt pudgy. My pants were tight, the mushroom top was in full bloom. That is no longer true. AND, I'm beginning to be able to wear stuff I couldn't wear then.

I dunno. Might just be giving up the scale for some time to come. Not out of denial. But because increasingly I can see it's just not the whole story. I've been better at my woe, AND included cals in that, than I have been in the last year. Just not going to let the scale tell me none of it matters, which makes me want to throw my face into a very large helping of Mac and cheese, because nothing I do seems to matter.

NOPE. Not doing that. Will continue on doing as I have been, working more and more on cutting cals, when and where it works, and enjoying the better fit of my clothing.
  #1318   ^
Old Sat, Mar-25-17, 03:09

BF:

Good Morning Peeps!

Here I am, up at 4:30 on a Saturday morning. Did I tell you that our cat no longer wakes us up? Ever since the change in the clocks, she doesn't even sleep at the foot of the bed and we don't hear a peep out of her. I come downstairs whenever I feel like getting up and sometimes I think I wake her! Whatever, I'm loving not having her wake me at 3 or so.

Yesterday the sun came out and DH and I strapped on our walking shoes and set out. It was lovely. A bit windy, but not cold and just very pleasant. We were on a mission to find a Bald Eagle's nest that we knew was along the river about a mile from our house. We had seen it from the other side of the river, so knew just about where it was. We walked thru a small field and into a wooded area and then we could see it. We were not close, but could see the nest and with binoculars, we tried to see if anyone was "home", but saw no activity. Someone told me a couple days ago they looked with binoculars and saw the white head in the nest. It was a fun walk and brought back some memories for DH as he told me that he and his brother and friends used to play in and around the creek that we were near and showed me how it was dammed up and they used to ice skate there. We were out and about for a bit over an hour and logged 3 miles. Today is supposed to be quite warm, so there's another walk in our future.

Well, I have rambled on. I need coffee! I'll be back later to check on you all.
  #1319   ^
Old Sat, Mar-25-17, 05:51

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

KM, sorry you are on that tired side get some good rest and try to get rejuvenated if ya can!! the weekend is here so chill if you can fit that in

I also still use the low sugar ketchup on my burgers. it is a must. I never use it on anything else other than my cheeseburgers. it is good stuff and a good carb cut from regular.

Nicco, yes, give us a report on the show. I know that great excitement and anxiety and all from doing fun things in life way back when

You had me laughing, eating no kids or dogs!

You are doing good on your eating, right now your life is in stress mode for sure. Sometimes it just gets so busy and so crowded, hope ya can find some down time this weekend

Jaz, hold strong. recovery and its complications etc can be a pain. we all know that. do not worry, ALL will fall into place for ya Great day on the job. I also love being productive to the max, hey if ya gotta be there, it is best you get the most out of you day and you sure did that.

Blue, ahhhh, you are feeling it in the clothes!! that is one of the best signs you are doing fine!! Happy for you. Holding in that lower kcal range and keeping a tighter grip on what we eat sure helps!!

Lori, yes I noticed you don't start your posts with 'the cat woke me up at...' The change in routine from work etc must have changed your cat also!! WOW on the eagles nest. so cool. I love seeing things like that also. Isn't it nice the weather is becoming more nice and we can get outside without tons of clothes and freezing our butts off!!

HI ALL
I think I covered it all my brain is just not working well from my sinus stuff. pollen is coming around like crazy and it sure effects me.

doggie is ok but geez, ALL I want is for that thing to be able to lie down. it is nuts. I guess those tummy staples are nasty when they hit the ground. He walks and swings his butt a little in that position like he is gonna lie down and then just stands there. poor thing LOL

hubby made it thru work and went in today. he slept in the recliner, sleeping up makes him breathe better but oh my god on the snoring. came out late and he was sawing wood like no other LOL He 'seems' on the mend a tiny bit so that is good.

gonna be long boring day here mostly. few chores and such and just move along this day. gonna check into hulu and probably sign up for that today.

been a bloated gut mess from those few small salads I am eating. none today, gotta de-bloat for sure. got pork chops for later. tuna. need to hit grocery some time and do a bacon restock missing my omelet with bacon and I ate up all my freezer packs. what a pain when ya don't have the food ya want in the house

take care all and have a fine day

Lori
  #1320   ^
Old Sat, Mar-25-17, 06:25

BF:

Good Morning Ladies! My Saturday has arrived

Trig- you sound peppy like yourself again! Welcome back! HAHAH- Now to get the pup and DH- on the mend. I feel for your Bolt- stitches SUX! Poor baby.
I am making pork today too. Put a pork roast in the slow cooker. Sorry about the salad and your tummy. Sometimes salad for whatever reason I can't understand it makes me bloat too??? I dunno on that one.

Lori- your kitty is not sleeping? I love that you and the DH took a bird walk! What a fun story- thanks for sharing that. I can almost see it. Love the fact you both are active. does he play golf too?

Blue- I just LOVE my "do nothing" days. Nothing on the agenda. It is very restoring for going back into the concrete jungle.
Yes- my friend I have "let go"- to let my body do it's thing. I have gotten that I can't force what nature takes time to do. So I will be good to self and let it rest- and feed myself healthy.
About the scale thing- you are preaching to the choir! I am in agreement completely. I whipped out my measuring tape. It is a much more accurate picture of size- rather than a number on a scale. Just a thought for you too!

Leeann- are you resting? Excited? Busy? Details- how did it go!!!!

Kmom- yesterday 6/6! Yea me! I love that you are sharing more about your eating and daily stuff. Funny I had stir fry yesterday with the riced cali too. I am 50/50 on how that turns out. yesterday it was mushy. Time before that- awesome. So it's a crap shoot with me- not my best dish.
---------------------------------------------------------------
All
I am excited the "kids are coming today for the morning and afternoon. I am taking per DD request to a Japanese steak house for her birthday. I have already scoped the menu- they have a lump crab and avocado over mixed green salad I will do. I might even splurge on seared sea scallops in lemon butter as an appetizer which we will share. can you say $$$$$ - well it is her birthday.

After they take off I desperately need to run a few errands-dog food, grocery for human food, get my stuff done today- so tomorrow can be just puttering at home when the rain moves in.
I am planning a pajama day.

Ok- gotta run the sweeper real quick and wipe down my counters!

check in later- I will be not stressing- and staying on plan. It just feels better!
Closed Thread