Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Emotional Issues & Body Image
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, May-19-05, 03:14

Plan: atkins
Stats: 156.5/123.8/125.8 Female 5"5
BF:
Progress: 107%
Default (NLP) how dieting will mean were always fat

Many people who diet and reach goal weight will still feel fat, ne one whoose read ne thing about nlp or mind programing will know, to some degree we program what we think and can control how we percieve things ourselves.
Alot of people say they didnt realise how fat or big they were till they started dieting.
so i guess when your not dieting your accepting your body, once your dieting every day your telling yourself "theres something wrong with my body", that "it isnt good enough", that "i need to change" and "im still too fat".
The more something is sed to us the more we will belive it!, and who r we gona believe more than ourselves?

mia
x
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, May-19-05, 03:39
~strange as angels~

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 256/249/150 Female 5 feet 6 inches
BF:51%/49%/30%
Progress: 7%

Well... that's discouraging.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, May-19-05, 04:40

Plan: atkins
Stats: 156.5/123.8/125.8 Female 5"5
BF:
Progress: 107%

i guess it is, buti guess the idea is to stop and think what your doing when your saying thoose things to yourself, and realise why you might not see what other see.
Ive bin reading a book called "i can make you thin" and "change your life in 7 days" bothe by paul mckenna,a uk hypnotist.
he suggests you need to stop the critical voice in your head, instead tell yourself something positive instead.

Im not a strong believe in NLP ie, the mind programming hypnosis tape side of it, i believe it up to the individual to reprogram themselves. But it certainly is hard, some days i can be positive when i look in the mirror, but then other days, im back to being critical and negative. It definetly is all in the mind, as im sure i look the same when i think i look good, as i do when i hate my body
mia
x
  #4   ^
Old Sun, May-22-05, 13:57

Plan: Evolving and learning
Stats: 226/144/130 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 85%

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimbikini
Many people who diet and reach goal weight will still feel fat, ne one whoose read ne thing about nlp or mind programing will know, to some degree we program what we think and can control how we percieve things ourselves.
Alot of people say they didnt realise how fat or big they were till they started dieting.
so i guess when your not dieting your accepting your body, once your dieting every day your telling yourself "theres something wrong with my body", that "it isnt good enough", that "i need to change" and "im still too fat".
The more something is sed to us the more we will belive it!, and who r we gona believe more than ourselves?

mia
x

A very interesting post. One I can't comment on until I've thought about it some more. But really good point, and thanks for making me think.
  #5   ^
Old Sun, May-22-05, 19:08

Plan: SugarBusters
Stats: 298/198/170 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 78%

Umm, there IS something wrong with me when I'm fat!

I don't think I'll always think I'm fat but I'm always going to have that little voice in my head critisizing(sp) me. Now whether I let that little voice control me or not is a WHOLE other thing.