Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Emotional Issues & Body Image
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Sat, Dec-13-08, 00:18

Plan: God's Will Be Done
Stats: 306/189/162 Female 5'7
BF:Morris Chestnut
Progress: 81%

Arg. I'm totally emo today.

Guess it's finally hitting me today that my quality of life could possibly spiral down quicker than I can blink if I don't pick up a contract by mid-January.

I'm so depressed today. My confidence seems to already be flying out the window.

Recession or no recession this time of the year is *normally* the slow time of year for contractors and things don't usually pick up until around March or April.

Can't stop crying. The thought of losing everything is hitting me hard today. With two kids in college, a mortgage, car loan, not to mention just the regular bills and daily cost of living.

This lay off thing has got me so emo. One day I'm up the next day I'm down...today just seems like I've crashed.

My recruiter isn't helping any...telling me how slow it is. All this time their acting like there gonna be there for me and have something lined up, but it's looking like a dead end right now. Ain't nobody exactly knocking down my doors right now.

Hopefully I feel a lot better tomorrow, but right now I'm just a total mess 'cause time is just ticking away.

I'm scared...I'm very scared.

Dive deeply into who you really are, and have the courage to explore your most treasured dreams. Keep yourself connected to those dreams, and they will play out upon the stage of your life. ~Ralph Marston

Live life abundantly and enjoy yourself in your “Journey To Wellness” because it is by the grace of God that we are able to do so. ~Gail~

Delight yourself in the Lord and He will grant you the desires of you heart ~Psalms 37:4

Last edited by 2007 : Sat, Dec-13-08 at 00:21. Reason: their
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sat, Dec-13-08, 07:23
Butter is Better!

Plan: Atkins OWL
Stats: 234/220.4/160 Female 5"8.5"
BF:its back again!
Progress: 18%

I'm praying for you.
  #18   ^
Old Sat, Dec-13-08, 13:20

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 156/146.8/139 Female 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 54%

It's always a tough job market in Dec/Jan.... things will improve!

Take care of yourself and try to have faith.

Julie
  #19   ^
Old Sat, Dec-13-08, 15:53

Plan: Meat, Veggies, Nuts
Stats: 181/185/130 Female 61.5
BF:Falling Fluff
Progress: -8%

I am so sorry about you being in the clump of layoffs. My daughter has been layed off and its been 4 months and nothing. My husband works for Home depot and he went back to work today and he just called saying they let all kinds of people go, asst mgn, and part timers. And he said everyone is on edge.
I see you are in Cali to, where at, were in Alpine just 25 miles form San Diego. Well I wish you all the luck and Prayers too, Debbie
  #20   ^
Old Sat, Dec-13-08, 16:29

Plan: God's Will Be Done
Stats: 306/189/162 Female 5'7
BF:Morris Chestnut
Progress: 81%

Thanks everybody.

Just trying to keep busy today cleaning , cooking, checking for new job postings. Trying to make it look festive around here

Think I'll finally clean up all the mess in the back yard. Check to see what I can get rid of/sale/or donate in the garage.

In the meantime, gonna throw together a LC Cinnamon Bread loaf in the oven and figure out what I'm going to cook for dinner tonight. Thinking about some curry chicken and dhal puri roti.

Looking forward to the Word in church service tomorrow. Don't even feel like sailing this weekend, maybe next weekend or during my down time in between contracts. . Right now I just need some spirtual healing and comfort.

Dive deeply into who you really are, and have the courage to explore your most treasured dreams. Keep yourself connected to those dreams, and they will play out upon the stage of your life. ~Ralph Marston

Live life abundantly and enjoy yourself in your “Journey To Wellness” because it is by the grace of God that we are able to do so. ~Gail~

Delight yourself in the Lord and He will grant you the desires of you heart ~Psalms 37:4

Last edited by 2007 : Sat, Dec-13-08 at 16:45.