Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Emotional Issues & Body Image
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Oct-01-08, 17:18

Plan: Atkins ~ DANDR
Stats: 230/230/150 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:it is going down!
Progress: 0%
Default As your losing, do you worry?

As your losing do you worry that you will get to a point where you still aren't satisfied, and though everyone around you say how great you look, you KNOW they must be wonked in the head or something? I have this crazy goal inside of my head, and I want to reach just to see if I can. That really sounds sicko, but then I still wonder if I have really lost that 54.5 pounds or if this is all just a damn dream.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Oct-01-08, 17:48

Plan: Atkins/ Higher Fat
Stats: 225/200/155 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 36%

Sheila, it happened to me when I lost 90lbs 4 years ago, I still thought I was chubby even though I was in a size 6. Funny how the mind never quite catches up to the image you see in the mirror. Now I hold up those size 6's and wonder how I ever got that small, so I know what you're talking about. This time around as soon as my 6's zip and feel comfy without any muffin-top spillover I'm going to go on maitenance!

You've done amazinginly well, wow! 54.5lbs! congrats!
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Oct-01-08, 18:27
7 yrs and counting!

Plan: Vegan/Crossfit
Stats: 285/212/199 Female 5'7
BF:33.4%
Progress: 85%

funny i just made a thread about this...i'll link you if i can.
almost like the brain doesn't catch up with the changes the body is going through.
congrats on your sucess thus far!
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Oct-01-08, 18:28
7 yrs and counting!

Plan: Vegan/Crossfit
Stats: 285/212/199 Female 5'7
BF:33.4%

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...56&page=2&pp=15

This is something similar...i posted the other day...
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Oct-01-08, 23:29

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 205/201/145 Male 6ft
BF:
Progress: 7%

No, but I do worry that people are going to tell me to stop losing weight (I'm a guy so it's less acceptable to be skinny especially in your 40's) even though I know my goal is healthy.
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Oct-02-08, 00:35
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 220/191/162 Female 5'8
BF:
Progress: 50%

I am 40 pounds from my goal (lost 20 pounds thus far) but would like to type for you and my own self....its about finding where you are truly happy, confident, secure, respected, and most important HEALTHY with yourself. I have come to the conclusion that NO ONE likes who they see in the mirror....especially if you have been " TRULY FAT " before.....its hard to look in the mirror and say WOW.....IM FREAKIN HOTT!...when what you see is that FAT person we used to be...we are bias with FAT selves...inspite our feats! (NOT feasts) lolol....its the image that we need to connect with our feelings to our brains that see with our eyes who we see in the mirror! We have to start letting go of that FAT self...and fail to see whom we have become....A HEALTHY PERSON in that mirror! Get rid of that "FAT" person as you see in the mirror! He is long gone....maybe a little more toning but other than that...see who you are....look at your belly button! (Sorry i love belly buttons...waiting to celebrate seeing mine)

You are more at goal than I....time to start focusing on the mental side of this rather than that of your physical side.....in order to complete this feat gotta have both in check.....
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Oct-02-08, 07:46

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 162/137/135 Female 5'4”
BF:
Progress: 93%

I am NEVER satisfied with how I look. My rear is too big, my thighs are too big, my stomach is too flabby, etc etc. Now that I'm getting older, it's just getting worse.

I have come to terms with it somewhat over time though. I may not look like a model in any way, but I look a helluva lot better than I did at my starting weight and more importantly I feel better.
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Oct-02-08, 09:39
Registered Member

Plan: who knows
Stats: 337/204/180 Female 67 inches
BF:100% pure

Models don't look like models until they get processed through PhotoShop. Sometimes it helps to remember that.
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Feb-03-09, 23:16

Stats: 163/148/130 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 45%

I keep complaining my mid section doesn't seem to be budging and it is just as big as ever; my mother keeps reminding me of the fact she doesn't think I realized how bad I looked before. S bottom line is I agree u will know when u r happy with urself........I think, lol
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Feb-04-09, 01:00
meryjune

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

Yes, I worry, and I also weight on three different scales (of which one I am sure is broken) just to make sure the data is correct.
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Feb-04-09, 09:26

Stats: 156/146.8/139 Female 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 54%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luzyanna
I am NEVER satisfied with how I look. My rear is too big, my thighs are too big, my stomach is too flabby, etc etc. Now that I'm getting older, it's just getting worse.

I have come to terms with it somewhat over time though. I may not look like a model in any way, but I look a helluva lot better than I did at my starting weight and more importantly I feel better.

I could have typed this myself.....

I'm never gonna be a model no matter what I do. And I finally figured out that it doesn't matter as much as it used to (ok, it still matters a little but that's what keeps me on plan!). You can't airbrush life so I deal with what I've been dealt - scars and all.

If I won the lottery tomorrow I wouldn't be heading for a plastic surgeon's office to "fix me".

Julie
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Feb-04-09, 09:54

Plan: None in particular
Stats: 180/170/160 Male 6'1
BF:
Progress: 50%

I'm never satisfied. I have gone from 300lbs to about 165lbs and am just starting to put muscle-tone on. My problem is that the fat seems to melt away off all of my body except for my gut. I know it's supposed to be the "last" thing that goes but I'll never be happy until my spare-tire is gone.

This is an absolutely normal way to feel, by the way.