Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Sun, Mar-13-16, 23:22

Plan: Mostly Fung/IDM
Stats: 165/138.4/135 Female 63
BF:???/better/???
Progress: 89%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GailA65
I have arthritis in my knees. I don't know what's causing the pain and neuropathy in my feet. I'm hoping eating cleaner will reduce inflammation and provide some relief (not to mention carrying around less weight). I've also started taking a joint supplement that in time should help as well.

Neuropathy can be a sign of high blood sugar and/or diabetes. You may want to consider lowering your carbs even further to see if that alleviates it.
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Wed, Apr-20-16, 18:42

Plan: LCHF
Stats: 145/110/105 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 88%

To ride on a regular basis again. Even at 280 I got on a horse that could handle my weight and rode fine. Didn't forget after 20 years, just had 140 pounds of fat in the way

Still, I want to get more fit so riding will be more comfortable for both me and the horse.
  #48   ^
Old Wed, May-25-16, 14:51

Plan: atkins
Stats: 279.4/268.8/140 Female 64inches
BF:
Progress: 8%

I want to have a small wardrobe of really good clothes instead of many horrid huge things from cheap stores (only things that fit)

I want to not even notice when I'm walking places. To never think twice about venturing out.

I want to sit comfortably on small chairs.

I want to re-tile the floor in front of the fire without all this extraneousness in the way.

I want to enjoy travel, not hate it because of my discomfort and embarrassment.

That is a few. There are an endless number.
  #49   ^
Old Thu, May-26-16, 06:33
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%

Quote:
Originally Posted by leshabar
I want to have a small wardrobe of really good clothes instead of many horrid huge things from cheap stores (only things that fit)

I want to not even notice when I'm walking places. To never think twice about venturing out.

I want to sit comfortably on small chairs.

I want to re-tile the floor in front of the fire without all this extraneousness in the way.

I want to enjoy travel, not hate it because of my discomfort and embarrassment.

That is a few. There are an endless number.

Stay on plan, make cheating not an option, and free yourself from the pull of those junky carbs. It is the carbs that did this to us. Get them out of your life and all of these things you want you will have again, including the many that you did not list. LCHF is how we need to eat. You can do this!
  #50   ^
Old Thu, May-26-16, 06:51

Plan: very low carb real food
Stats: 245/125/135 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 109%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz53
Neuropathy can be a sign of high blood sugar and/or diabetes. You may want to consider lowering your carbs even further to see if that alleviates it.

Another possible cause of neuropathy is a vitamin B12 deficiency, so it's worth getting that checked out or you could just add a B12 supplement and see if it helps or you could do both.

Jean
  #51   ^
Old Thu, May-26-16, 07:50

Plan: atkins
Stats: 279.4/268.8/140 Female 64inches
BF:
Progress: 8%

Quote:
Originally Posted by khrussva
Stay on plan, make cheating not an option, and free yourself from the pull of those junky carbs. It is the carbs that did this to us. Get them out of your life and all of these things you want you will have again, including the many that you did not list. LCHF is how we need to eat. You can do this!

Thank you Ken!
  #52   ^
Old Sat, Jun-11-16, 17:28

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 329/323.2/225 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 6%

Quote:
Originally Posted by thud123
get up from the floor sitting cross legged and no other assistance. Sort of like a scissor lift.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bIXmAxirxA No kettle ball tho

I'll have to start a little smaller than that - I'm a little afraid to get down on the floor in the first place for fear I won't be able to get up without a forklift! I can do it, but she ain't pretty.
  #53   ^
Old Sat, Jun-11-16, 17:31

Stats: 329/323.2/225 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 6%

Quote:
Originally Posted by niamibunni
To ride on a regular basis again. Even at 280 I got on a horse that could handle my weight and rode fine. Didn't forget after 20 years, just had 140 pounds of fat in the way

Still, I want to get more fit so riding will be more comfortable for both me and the horse.

Yeah, I'm really not sure it's fair to any horse at my current weight. And I've gotten much more afraid of falling, for fear of really damaging myself. I can't even get ON a horse without a high mounting block, and the last time I tried it you could tell she wasn't very happy about it.
  #54   ^
Old Tue, Nov-22-16, 19:50
Registered Member

Stats: 265.2/246.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 13%

My husband, then boyfriend, bought me a piece of lingerie that makes me blush 😍 I would love to wear it for him! He's very patient lol Oh but first I want him to throw me over his shoulder and carry me off 😇
  #55   ^
Old Mon, Dec-26-16, 17:51

Plan: Atkins/Duke diet
Stats: 267/173.8/145 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 76%
Default wishes

I want to:

Walk up stairs without pain and puffing
stand up after sitting and not worry if my knees will work
stand up after sitting without pain

I have to plan where I go in terms of whether I have to walk a long way, or go up stairs, or can park close by. Its so embarrassing to worry whether I can stand up gracefully after sitting for a while in a meeting at work, at a restaurant, or anywhere. Sometimes I have to slowly stand while holding on to something, then stand there a while to get the knees ready to walk....HELP!

I want to see a picture of myself without experiencing embarrassment because of the way I look -- I hate being the fat one in the picture.

I want to get off the medicine for high blood pressure, high cholesterol and aleve.

I want to look good again
  #56   ^
Old Mon, Jan-09-17, 10:28

Plan: I eat all of the eggs. :)
Stats: 600/400/160 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 45%

To be able to walk again without needing to use my walker.

To be able to shower without needing to sit on my shower chair.

To donate the above said equipment to the rehab clinic in the hospital because they helped me to walk again after being bed bound for 2 months with a severe bout of cellulitis.

To never get cellulitis again.

To wear jeans again.

To be able to move from my newly acquired wheelchair accessible apartment because I don't need wheelchair accessible anything anymore due to excess weight.

I could go on all day but I will stop here.
  #57   ^
Old Mon, Jan-09-17, 10:36
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfectfit
To be able to walk again without needing to use my walker.

To be able to shower without needing to sit on my shower chair.

To donate the above said equipment to the rehab clinic in the hospital because they helped me to walk again after being bed bound for 2 months with a severe bout of cellulitis.

To never get cellulitis again.

To wear jeans again.

To be able to move from my newly acquired wheelchair accessible apartment because I don't need wheelchair accessible anything anymore due to excess weight.

I could go on all day but I will stop here.

You can have it all. Stick to OP foods no matter what. It will be hard at first. It will get easier. Eventually this WOE will stick and you will hardly feel like you are dieting anymore. After that, amazing things will happen for you. Believe it.
  #58   ^
Old Mon, Jan-09-17, 10:41

Plan: I eat all of the eggs. :)
Stats: 600/400/160 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 45%

Quote:
Originally Posted by khrussva
You can have it all. Stick to OP foods no matter what. It will be hard at first. It will get easier. Eventually this WOE will stick and you will hardly feel like you are dieting anymore. After that, amazing things will happen for you. Believe it.

We really need a Like button on this forum. Thank you.
  #59   ^
Old Wed, Jan-11-17, 19:48

Stats: 316/300/165 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 11%

I want to not need blood pressure meds.
I want to not take 3 days to push mow my 1 1/2 acres.
I want to be at least a size 18 this summer for my 30th HS reunion.
  #60   ^
Old Wed, Jan-11-17, 21:01

Plan: P:E=>1 (Q3-22)
Stats: 168/100/82 Male 182cm
BF:
Progress: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by thud123
get up from the floor sitting cross legged and no other assistance. Sort of like a scissor lift.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bIXmAxirxA No kettle ball tho

I forgot about this for a while and now I'm able to do the first part getting down with no hands. It has more to do with being able to get your knees closer to your chest (aka you have fat belly and fat thighs!) The second part requires a little more thining out I think and developing some power in the first part of the get up.

With practice, most things are possible or new avenues may be discovered.

Keep Practicing!