Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Apr-19-09, 11:04

Plan: EF/Fung IDM/keto
Stats: 375/225.4/175 Female 66.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%
Default "Fat pants"

Sheeeeesh ............ I'm coming here to rant.

Over in the General Low Carb forum someone posted this comment today about their wardrobe: "I tried on some of my previous size 4 fat pants the other day and wore them to work."

Size *4* is the *fat pants*? OK, I know we all come from different places to the low carb forums. With different starting points and different goals... But as a member of the TDC club I just can't get my head around the idea of size 4 pants being "fat pants".

Heck, I'll be happy if I can get to a size 12-14 as a final goal! I'll never be a size 4 no matter what happens. Reading that just boggled my mind.

Okay, end of rant. Back to your regularly scheduled programming. I feel better now.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Apr-19-09, 12:08
7 yrs and counting!

Plan: Vegan/Crossfit
Stats: 285/212/199 Female 5'7
BF:33.4%
Progress: 85%

LOL...my fat pants are a 24/26. I hear ya.
But, in all fairness....each of us have our own perception of ourselves and our "fatness"...which is something I've learned over time.
If you feel fat, and see yourself as fat....it doesn't matter what size you actually are....because alot of this battle is with our mind...and not with food.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Apr-19-09, 12:22
Monday came.

Plan: my own
Stats: 275/228.6/155 Female 5'4"
BF:ummm . . . ?
Progress: 39%

Fat pants can refer to a style: this from urban dictionary:

worn by mad shuffling ravers... usually bright, loud colours, shapes, patterns etc....almost cut like low rider flares. large and hidden pockets for your stash....

guessing that this might have been what was meant, as she referred to getting back into them . . . wasn't there, didn't read the post, just sayin' . . .
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Apr-19-09, 15:46
7 yrs and counting!

Plan: Vegan/Crossfit
Stats: 285/212/199 Female 5'7
BF:33.4%
Progress: 85%

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathleen24
Fat pants can refer to a style: this from urban dictionary:

worn by mad shuffling ravers... usually bright, loud colours, shapes, patterns etc....almost cut like low rider flares. large and hidden pockets for your stash....

guessing that this might have been what was meant, as she referred to getting back into them . . . wasn't there, didn't read the post, just sayin' . . .

Kinda like MC Hammer pants! LOL. I remember those pants from the 80's.
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Apr-19-09, 15:50

Plan: lc my way
Stats: 285/207.6/170 Female 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 67%

kinda disheartening huh??
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Apr-19-09, 16:10
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

I hear ya Merpig!! I tune those people out!!
I too, have had fat pants being 22s and 24s. I kept a pair or two and I can put my whole body into one leg now. oy!!!

I will never be a size 4, nor would I want to be. I'm happy where I am. I was a szie 12 when I hit my goal way back...now I'm a size 10 mostly...sometimes an 8....never ever will be a 6...and thats OK!!!

But to those poor little girls who suffer their fat pants at sizes 4 or 6.....all I can say is.... Their reality is not even close to ours!!
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Apr-19-09, 17:00

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathleen24
uessing that this might have been what was meant, as she referred to getting back into them . . . wasn't there, didn't read the post, just sayin' . . .

Well she also said her "regular" pants were size 2. I know we all have different perceptions about our own images - but I just can't relate to someone whose "fat pants" are size 4 and regular pants are size 2. Of course even if I lost 200 more pounds I don't think I could wear a size 2.
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Apr-19-09, 17:54

Plan: Fung-inspired fasting
Stats: 336/000/160 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 191%

Thank goodness for the TDC! Does anyone know of any other refuge for big people like us? I've never really looked, but it might be nice to know of another safe place.

Honestly, the size 4 fat pants comment sounds like a bit of bragging to me, though I didn't read the context.
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Apr-19-09, 20:31
Monday came.

Plan: my own
Stats: 275/228.6/155 Female 5'4"
BF:ummm . . . ?
Progress: 39%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merpig
Well she also said her "regular" pants were size 2. I know we all have different perceptions about our own images - but I just can't relate to someone whose "fat pants" are size 4 and regular pants are size 2. Of course even if I lost 200 more pounds I don't think I could wear a size 2.

Got it. Okay, that makes more sense that way . . .

Bike2work, I think there are other forums out there for folks w/100+ pounds to lose; not so many that focus on LC eating. That's the double-header many of us need for support.
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Apr-20-09, 07:47

Plan: Modified Atkins
Stats: 297/251.8/150 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 31%

LOL size 4 fat pants... I dont think in my entire life I've been size 4. I dont think that would be a realistic goal for me, as it would prolly require plastic surgery to remove massive amounts of excess skin. I'm already thinking that (skin) is something I may have to deal w/ when I get more towards goal. But I think it will be easier to hide 20 pounds of excess skin than hiding 180 pounds of fat (which we all know is not fooling anyone).
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Apr-20-09, 17:34

Plan: WW's/ Atkins/George S.
Stats: 317.6/260.4/186 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 43%

I agree with all the above and was so glad to find the triple digit club!

I do not think I ever was a size 4.............

When you have over 140 pounds to lose I have trouble relating to someone who has 5 to 10 pounds.........I would love to be in their shoes......

But, we all have our idea of what is fat for us.........I do worry about how will my body be once I drop this amount of weight??

Love this group and all the support..............
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Apr-21-09, 11:47

Plan: atkins
Stats: 250/196/140 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 49%

I wonder if that persons size 4 fat pants were the new sizing at Lane Bryant.......I just bought an outfit there and have shrunk out of their new sizing into their old sizing. The gal that helped me said that if I loose more weight, I will have to find a new store. Size one at LB is about an 18.
  #13   ^
Old Tue, Apr-21-09, 12:43

Plan: lc my way
Stats: 285/207.6/170 Female 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 67%

that would make more sense to me nanci b. Otherwise how could you possibly think a size 4 as "fat" pants size?? I couldnt even get my leg into a size 4.
  #14   ^
Old Tue, Apr-21-09, 13:08
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by NANCI B
I wonder if that persons size 4 fat pants were the new sizing at Lane Bryant.......I just bought an outfit there and have shrunk out of their new sizing into their old sizing. The gal that helped me said that if I loose more weight, I will have to find a new store. Size one at LB is about an 18.

FYI- This person is already a regular size 2-4...not a LB size 2-4.

I have to admit that even though I am where I am now, I too have jeans that I will wear when I'm feeling fuller ( yes, on fat days )on some days than on others. It really is relative to where we are at the time.

Before I lost my weight, I couldn't even post in the other parts of this forum. But that was my own hangup and has nothing to do with anyone elses perceptions. I could not even read posts by those who had (only)10-20 lbs to lose, let alone respond to them.
  #15   ^
Old Tue, Apr-21-09, 14:07

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blumunz
that would make more sense to me nanci b. Otherwise how could you possibly think a size 4 as "fat" pants size?? I couldnt even get my leg into a size 4.

No, based on the person's 'current' and 'goal' weights it was clearly a standard misses size 4.