Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#121   ^
Old Sat, Sep-08-07, 08:16

Plan: kind of some atkins some
Stats: 280/240/150 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress:

What great thread!
Thanks fro sharing all your thoughts.....
Sponsored Links
  #122   ^
Old Tue, Sep-18-07, 11:25
From Flab to Fab!

Plan: Fat Flush / SB
Stats: 300/225/185 Female 5ft 8"
BF:No Thanks
Progress: 65%

Just Bumping this thread, it's s great to read!!
  #123   ^
Old Sat, Oct-06-07, 08:44
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

Bumping this up for MizKitty aka Karen to post her big news!!
  #124   ^
Old Sat, Oct-06-07, 09:37
95% Sugar Free!

Plan: Very high fat LC/HCG
Stats: 310/155.4/159 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 102%

Thanks Judy!

I've joined the club finally, with 102 pounds lost.

On page 1 of this thread, taming said:
Quote:
I also had this Alice in Wonderland thing going on where sometimes I felt teeny tiny, and other times I felt really huge.

That's so true of me, too. Sometimes I think "Wow, I must be really starting to look hot by now", and then reality check, when I realize there's people on this forum who have never even weighed as much as 208, but still think of themselves as whales. LOL!

I also feel the apprehensions and fears that I won't be able to maintain, since I've failed quite miserably at that in the past. You're such an inspiration, having maintained for over 2 years now, thanks for sticking around to root us all on.

But those fears are the insecure subconcious me... the rational intellectual me really does feel like things are finally different for me this time, and this will be the last time I lose this weight.

I've had so many health gains, reversed my diabetes, normalized my out-of-control blood pressure and cholesterol, gotten off of 4 meds, all the while loving the way I'm eating...it all feels so different than before and I tell people all the time who ask what diet I'm on, that I don't consider myself to be on a diet. I've changed the way I eat permanently, I've kind of thrown the "goal" concept out the window, and time will reveal what size I will eventually be based on the way I'm eating now.

Onward and downward!
  #125   ^
Old Sat, Oct-06-07, 15:23

Plan: Fung-inspired fasting
Stats: 336/000/160 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 191%

Woohoo!! Karen!!!

It's stories like yours that keep me going. I love reading your posts in the IF thread where I'm a frequent lurker. Your careful monitoring of your stats shows quantified proof of the healthfulness of what we're doing.

I am in awe of you.

Allison
  #126   ^
Old Tue, Nov-06-07, 22:43
Attitude is a Choice

Bumping this baby back up for those who've gotten to the precious 100 lbs lost mark!

I know of 2 that come to mind!
  #127   ^
Old Wed, Nov-07-07, 01:58
Registered Member

Plan: Natural/organic low-carb
Stats: 412/251.5/175 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 68%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobstergal
Besides diet, what was the one major thing that helped contribute to your weight loss and helps in maintaining that loss?

Keeping a journal and making sure someone else reads it every day.

I had gotten down to 221 (from 412) about five years ago, but when I quit smoking in 2005, I gained a chunk of weight back. Since June, I've been mentored by a fitness trainer/nutritional consultant, and I keep a journal and work out five days a week.

My trainer and I are working on a book together, and I've begun personal chefing for other low carbers and people with celiac or other dietary restrictions. It's an interesting trip!
  #128   ^
Old Wed, Nov-07-07, 10:55

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 330/201/185 Male 5'10"
BF:Married
Progress: 89%

I hit the 100 pound lost mark a little after the 9 month mark. You've probably read my post from last week. I am hoping for continued success. The real test will be where I am a year from now, two years from now and so on. If not diabetic at the time I started, I was well on my way. I had plenty of the symptoms. I am wondering how many beta cells I burned up. Right now I feel great and have no plans for gaining any weight back. I've set no time limits to get to where I want to be. The longer this takes (forever - hopefully) the better. I am so emotionally stronger and determined than I've ever been. The people who post on this forum and a few of the other things I have discussed before in other posts, have really empowered me. I need to keep marching and keep chipping away at this (forever). Thanks to all of you for keeping me alive.
  #129   ^
Old Wed, Nov-07-07, 12:35

Plan: Atkins (veteran)
Stats: 321/206.2/160 Female 5'4"
BF:new scale :(
Progress: 71%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judynyc
Bumping this baby back up for those who've gotten to the precious 100 lbs lost mark!

I know of 2 that come to mind!

Yep! I hit the mark!!!!

It's really about sticking to it no matter what and not fudging numbers or amounts of food. Be honest, don't cheat, be patient.
  #130   ^
Old Fri, Jan-04-08, 18:32
Attitude is a Choice

**bump** for newbies!!
  #131   ^
Old Fri, Jan-04-08, 18:43

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 372/236.6/199 Female 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 78%

I am down 100+ lbs and feeling grrrrreat!!! I still have another 100 to lose!
  #132   ^
Old Fri, Jan-04-08, 21:38
Every moment is NOW.

Plan: LC (ketogenic)
Stats: 520/381/280 Female 66 inches
BF: Why yes it is.
Progress: 58%

Well in total I guess I've lost about 140 lbs (from over 500), officially once I got a scale I was 482 so that's about 112 lbs. I had actually lost to 395 as of 1/1/07, and semi-stayed there, with a little gain, throughout 2007, and just finally began moving down a little (I wasn't LC much of the year) again recently. So I guess "technically" I've been 100lbs down for a year now (even if some of that was a bit less than that, but re-lost).

It's really quite amazing, the diff between weighing 370 and 500. In one, you can't walk well, you can't stand well, and even stepping up on a curb requires herculean effort, resting after, and is potentially embarrassing. In the other, you can do most any 'basic' thing -- walking, very short flights of stairs, standing long enough to clean and cook, fitting (even if barely) into at least some chairs in public finally, being able to do some basic "life" things (like say, go to a sporting event) without drama, fear or overwhelm.

I hope to lose a great deal more weight in 2007, but my primary goal is just to better adapt to lowcarb as a permanent lifestyle, and "increase" exercise, water, supplements, and my "fluency, speed and facility" at cooking LC for both me and the kid.
  #133   ^
Old Sat, Jan-05-08, 07:52

Plan: paleo-ish
Stats: 482/400/240 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 34%

I hit 100 lbs about 9 mos after I started low carbing. My original post is way back on page 2.

Then I developed some serious food allergies.
Then my life got insanely stressful.
Then I found out I had a serious problem and had major surgery.
And life stayed frighteningly stressful.

I haven't really lost any weight since.

But here's what I thought was important to post about, I haven't gained any back either.

I think a lot of TDCers have a long history of yo-yo dieting where its up and down all the time. I've been happy and healthy and active and did I mention *healthy* on my low carb plan for the last 2 years even though I haven't lost anything. I've stuck with it, some times more strict, sometimes less, but always basically low carb, and I haven't lost any ground.

I've had some indications that my body is finally ready to start losing again and I'm very, very excited about that, but even if I'm wrong, I never have to lose the progress I've already made.
  #134   ^
Old Sat, Jan-05-08, 08:42

Plan: M&E
Stats: 199/147.5/120 Female 61in
BF:
Progress: 65%

all of you guys are great,,,,,,,,,
  #135   ^
Old Sat, Jan-05-08, 10:16
Recovering Yo-Yo

Plan: What's best for me
Stats: 291.6/147/164 Female 5'8"
BF:A work in progress
Progress: 113%

Hi everyone At my last weigh in (I usually weigh in once or twice per month), I was sitting at 139 pounds lost! Like everyone else, I have good days & bad days. It took me one year to lose the weight, and I have been maintaining for just over a year. My biggest issue is body image. It seems to be a far greater struggle than I ever anticipated. Having said that, I am thrilled with my successes to date, and continue to work on this issue along with self-confidence. Years of trying to be invisible to the world is hard to undo, but I'm working hard on it. So many here in this thread and on these forums helped inspire & kick my butt through this journey......I am thankful for everyone's experiences and input. Congrats to everyone......you continue to inpsire me. Wishing everyone continued success on this incredible journey we have undertaken.