Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#91   ^
Old Tue, May-08-07, 10:13
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 359.6/341.6/259.6 Male 6'2"
BF:
Progress: 18%

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxgluvs
Well I am now at 105lbs loss, after 3 years being LC, and starting at over 300lbs.

Some may say I have lost very slowly - even I think I am a turtle when it comes to losing weight, but I couldn't care less how long it's taken - it's gone, and if I had never started 3 years ago, who knows where I would be at now!!

I have learnt so much since going LC, that I joke I could be a nutritionist, but it has actually crossed my mind to train to become one! I know more about food now and how it reacts to the body than I know about anything else! I am sure all my real life friends think I'm a real bore!

My journey started in March '04 when I started out on Atkins, then after losing 50lbs and then beng stuck for months on end (being stuck for over 6 months can be a real pain) I changed over to South Beach. Since the change I have lost another 55lbs (the past few weeks have been on a detox)

If you put your heart and soul into losing the weight then you will, but I think you have to WANT it enough. I knew I didn't want to be 300lbs, just the same as I know I never want to see that number on the scale ever again, and that's what keeps me on track.
thats fantastic, good for you babe!
Sponsored Links
  #92   ^
Old Tue, May-08-07, 23:35
Princess Perseverant

Plan: general LC - pregnant
Stats: 250/157/157 Female 5 foot 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

since someone bumped the thread, i came back to reread what i'd written...i'm happy to say that now i *can* say that i've lost over 100 pounds, whereas my first post i was hanging around 97/98 pounds lost. Right now my range is between 146 and 148, which takes me over that 100lb mark - and also shows that even when you stall for 2 years around a weight - I was trying to stay at 154 and not even managing that for a while - it is *still* possible to get back and even below that number.

it's simply a way of life for me now. i'm going on 5 and a half years of low carbing. there are days that i eat high carb but they tend to be a few times a year, rather than a few times a month. i eat low fat sugar free yoghurts and sugar free chocolate every so often, and that helps me feel like i'm 'treating' myself when i need something sweet.
  #93   ^
Old Tue, May-08-07, 23:40

Stats: 455/224/200 Male 6-3
BF:
Progress: 91%

Started at 455+ in July 2003, went on Atkins, and I am at/about 230 today. Never gained more than 10 pounds.

Check out my journal:

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...98&page=1&pp=15
  #94   ^
Old Wed, May-09-07, 00:46

Plan: atkins
Stats: 279.4/268.8/140 Female 64inches
BF:
Progress: 8%

I so wish I'd found this forum a year ago when I was stalled after 75 ponds. Went off track especially a few months ago and regained 33, but this forum is such a help. Now I can see this as a continuing weight loss, and my goal seems reachable when I read all of your stories. Thanks!
  #95   ^
Old Wed, May-09-07, 02:53
Never Give Up!

Plan: It's anybody's guess!
Stats: 350/250/160 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 53%

I have. I lost a total of 139 lbs, but gained 16 back over the past 2 weeks due to a very stressful situation.

I've already lost 5 of the 16 pounds, so I am trying to stay on LC, but I still haven't managed to get back on Induction yet. I'm hoping I can do that before this coming weekend.
  #96   ^
Old Wed, May-09-07, 12:23

Stats: 406/258/185 Male 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 67%

I've lost over a hundred, how am I doing now? Pissed that the second hundred isn't coming off as fast! LOL.
  #97   ^
Old Tue, May-15-07, 14:22
Registered Member

Plan: Stella Style
Stats: 330/319/150 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 6%

k, here is a VAIN question...but I HAVE to ask...I am 27 years old...have been REALLY have (over 300) for about 5 years....

Does anyoen have alot of excess skin??
  #98   ^
Old Tue, May-15-07, 15:00

Stats: 455/224/200 Male 6-3
BF:
Progress: 91%

inchbyinch:

Yes, I do have loose excess skin - likely will need the help of plastic surgery to get rid of it. The price I pay for being so out of control for so long.

You are younger, and your skin may not have suffered the same type of LOSS of ELASTICITY that mine has.
  #99   ^
Old Wed, Jul-11-07, 21:14
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

HI!

I'm bumping this thread back with a milestone for me.

Next week on July 18, I will celebrate 2 years since the day that I was able to say that I LOST 100 LBS!!!!

Time sure has flown by since then and I'm still here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judynyc
Mon, Jul-18-05, 09:39
Judynyc
Change is a process
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I did it!! I did it!! I did it!!

100 LBS !!!

Last edited by Judynyc : Wed, Jul-11-07 at 21:23.
  #100   ^
Old Wed, Jul-11-07, 22:29

Stats: 410/298.0/170 Male 5' 11''
BF:BF 40%, BMI 43
Progress: 47%

Wow! Congrats Judy!!! You are doing **so** awesome! It is such an encouragement to see you and others like you MAINTAIN and show others how it is done!!!

Good Going! Thanks for being Awesomely Awesome!
  #101   ^
Old Thu, Jul-12-07, 01:41

Plan: Low Carb/Gluten Free/IF
Stats: 310.0/302.2/160 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 5%

I am so excited for everyone here---I want so badly to be able to post a 100 lb loss in a thread like this, and I know I will someday!!

These threads are such a good thing, thanks JUDY!!!
  #102   ^
Old Thu, Jul-12-07, 03:10

Stats: 270/160/145 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 88%

I have lost over 100lbs..and most importantly kept it off since early 2004. I started low carbing July 1, 2003. I am working on getting the last few pounds off now. Bot being obese has been a wonderful expierence. I truly feel like I have been given a second chance at life.
I have lost 100lbs several times before in my life, but always put it back within 6 months. This is the first time I have made true lifestyle changes that I feel confident I will be able to continue.
  #103   ^
Old Thu, Jul-12-07, 06:08
Living Healthy

Stats: 281.4/239.4/145 Female 5'4"
BF:imp/rov/ing
Progress: 31%

Judy and HalfPass, you'll never know how much it's appreciated that you stick around to show the rest of us that we can do this too.

After my re-gain I was very seriously looking at WL surgery, but because of those who have lost, maintained, and stuck around the forum as an encouragement to others I was able to get back on track. I told myself I'd give it a year and then decide about surgery. . .but it didn't take that long. This time (6 months into my new journey) I know I'll make it with Atkins. I know this is it for life.
  #104   ^
Old Thu, Jul-12-07, 06:36
Registered Member

Stats: 316/190/155 Female 65"
BF:57%
Progress: 78%

I started Atkins Sept 6 2005...have lost 111lbs with 39 more to go..2 weeks ago I started the meat and egg fast to break a stall that I have been dealing with since January. I lost 9lbs the first week, decided i could eat some nuts, put on 3 lbs so I have learned that if I am going to fast it has to be a total fast with no giving in to cravings. I am staying on the meat and eggs until I am in the 195lb range.

Wishing everyone the best on this path!!
  #105   ^
Old Thu, Jul-12-07, 07:35
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

Thanks you guys!! Congrats to HalfPass and Pamela too!!

When I started my journey 3 years ago in April, I came here terrified. Scared that I'd fail yet one more time but willing to give it one more shot.

I'd only post here in the TDC as I feared I'd be too ashamed of my weight in the other forums, the TDC gave me a feeling of safety. It also gave me the hope that I needed to keep going because there were those who had done it already and that was what I needed to make it happen....hope.

I know how important seeing others had been able to do this was to me. It makes me happy to know that the others and myself can be of hope for you.

You can do this!!

TDC group