Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Fri, May-19-06, 22:28

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 437/337/200 Male 71 inches
BF:
Progress: 42%
Default I hit the mark today!

Well, this certainly is a wonderful thread...so I will bump it once again with the good news that after 10 months, I have hit the "100 lbs forever gone" mark!!!

I started July 14, 2005 on Atkins. I started at a very hefty 437 pounds...and today I stepped on the scale and it was 337!!! I have all of you to thank for your support. It is vital to have a forum such as this to help each other.

I have been on a pretty long stall for the past few months...and I started buckling down again on Monday. I began walking with my little Jack Russell on Monday...and we enjoy it very much. I broke the several month-long stall with a resounding 9 pounds this week...and I am so joyed to be going down again!

Please, my friends, don't lose hope...for it is through perseverance that you will reach your goals.

Someone in this thread asked..."..what is it that helped you most to get to this point..." I have to say "SUPPORT". I have been accompanied on this journey by my twin brother and a several friends at work. One friend hit the 100lb loss point just two days before me. My twin brother has lost about 60 lbs, and the other friend at work hit his goal at 50 lbs. This is a total of 310 lbs!!! ***Houston...we have lost two men between us all!*** I think this would have been infinitely more difficult if I didn't have the help of my friends, family, and certainly you all. Secondly, I know this isn't something for everyone, but I sought the help of an intuitive counselor/energy worker. I was able to identify some of the sources of my destructive habits and patterns that were causing me to stall. I would definitely say that it has helped tremendously. First for getting my thought processes corrected, and also for correcting/repairing my energy systems for metabolic support. I have a whole different mindset now. I love myself for who I am internally. Once I find the peace within...all of this WILL correct itself.

I also realize that part of my stall was due to dissapointment with the lack of "fast" progress. I started tremendously well...but when things started to slow down, I started to waiver from the plan here and there. I would take more liberties to "console" myself. I would "celebrate" getting to a mini goal and I'd eat poorly, only to feel terrible about having done so, both physically and mentally. That process starts a destructive cause and effect spiral. Fortunately for me, I have found a rose in the weed patch. It was an educational period for me. I learned that what my body will tolerate and how it will react to my indiscretions. I learned to "feel" how the food affected me. I burned those feelings into my brain. I know when I eat lots of carbs and sugar...I feel horrible!! When I eat the Atkins way...I feel GREAT!

What does this mean to you? Learn about yourself. Take the adversity of a bad situation and try to learn from it. Turn it into a tool that you can help yourself with. Don't get depressed...keep going.

I am still less than half way to my goal...but I have been "re-energized". I am determined more than ever to reach my goal...NO MATTER HOW LONG IT TAKES! It is just the way things have to be for me.

Thank you all for listening to my long-winded post. I feel great to have all of your shoulders to lean my head on! Use mine if you wish. I will be there for anyone on this journey!

Keep up the good work!
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Fri, May-19-06, 23:24
Registered Member

Plan: Sonoma // Low GI
Stats: 275/227.6/150 Female 5'5"
BF:Want Some?
Progress: 38%

I just wanted to say that all you people are just sooo amazing! I have to give you much credit for all that you do to make your life a better one to live in.

I know I am not doing as well as I should, but I need tiny baby steps and lately things have been starting to pick up more so I am very grateful!

~Corrie~
  #48   ^
Old Sat, May-20-06, 04:44

Stats: 473/332/190 Male 75.6
BF:
Progress: 50%

Hey, congrats fossil!

We started around the same time - sweet!

I told my Aunt today (Who I haven't seen 4 about 2 years!) that's I've lost 54 kilos. And she turned around and said that's how much I weigh!

I thought,

no wonder I had no energy!!!!!!
  #49   ^
Old Sat, May-20-06, 09:30
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by fossilzero
What does this mean to you? Learn about yourself. Take the adversity of a bad situation and try to learn from it. Turn it into a tool that you can help yourself with. Don't get depressed...keep going.

I am still less than half way to my goal...but I have been "re-energized". I am determined more than ever to reach my goal...NO MATTER HOW LONG IT TAKES! It is just the way things have to be for me.

Very well said fossil!!

Way to go on your milestone.....Bravo!!
  #50   ^
Old Sat, May-20-06, 15:43

Plan: LC gut healing
Stats: 302/285/165 Female 5'3"
BF:Irrelevant
Progress: 12%

Fossil Lost 100

Congratulations!
  #51   ^
Old Tue, May-23-06, 07:43

Plan: Atkins/South Beach
Stats: 318/180/178 Male 5'11"
BF:?/16/16
Progress: 99%

Hi all, It's been just about a year since I hit my goal. Still maintaining and having a great time on SB plan.
  #52   ^
Old Tue, May-23-06, 07:47

Plan: atkins
Stats: 235/187/158 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress:

that is great- maybe i can get back again. sue
  #53   ^
Old Tue, May-23-06, 18:14
Registered Member

Plan: My Own
Stats: 280/118/117.5 Female 5ft 5.25 in
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judynyc
In light of the "Where is the TDC going?" thread, I thought that it'd be a good idea to take roll call on those who have already lost 100 or more pounds.

So....I'll go first and say..ME!!! I've lost 118 lbs and have been maintaining below my goal weight for 3 months nows. Needless to say that I'm very happy!!

I still eat according to my plan and have joined a maintenance weighin with others in maintenance. Its a good thing to be around others with similar concerns as yours.

I've lost 160+ pounds. I have kept 100 off for over 2 years.

It's hard for me sometimes to really believe I actually am "a weight loss success" because sometimes I don't feel like it. I'm actually still trying to find a place where I can just relax and feel comfortable with my body. I don't know if it is possible actually. Like right now, I'm struggling with a mad crazy appetite, which leaves me unsure of my weight maintenance... thank god staying very low carb actually helps me not gain weight it seems (even though I am eating like a vaccuum my weight has only decreased and my size seems roughtly the same). I'll probably never be able to totally relax like a normal person, but, I hope in time I can mostly forget I am controlling weight... settle at a comfortable place.

Recently, mostly, I feel stable. I don't struggle to stay low carb. I only had 1 period where I worried truly that I could really lose control and that's when I started gaining weight (purposefully) while in a less carb control way of eating.

Even though I'm unsure about a lot of things, I still consider myself a success and think I have accomplished a true change. The real way I know I've done this is because low carb is the only way I can imagine eating. It is said so often around here but for me it really is a way of life for me. I can't imagine eating a high carb diet, I have no taste for it, nor desire for it. Treats and sweets I never much cared for, and I don't eat much bread products strictly for health reasons (veggies > low carb starch mimics)... but thanks to advances in food technology I can stay very LC and truly eat whatever I want. Even if I decided to go back to eating whatever I wanted, I still would stay LC simply because it would be illogical not to. Why eat food that makes me feel bad and fat when I could eat food that makes me feel good and thin that tastes absolutely the same (if not better, as I am a good cook ).
  #54   ^
Old Tue, May-23-06, 20:38

Stats: 437/337/200 Male 71 inches
BF:
Progress: 42%
Default Thanks!

Thank you all for your wonderful comments...you are all wonderful friends and a source of inspiration!
  #55   ^
Old Tue, May-30-06, 18:58

Stats: 245/240/130 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress:

Thank you - you are all so inspiring! I so needed to hear that it can be done.
  #56   ^
Old Thu, Jun-01-06, 15:41

Plan: SugarBusters
Stats: 298/198/170 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 78%

I just wanted to jump in and say I have made it too the 100 pounds lost mark. It has take a little over 2 years and it has been a rollercoaster journey, but I'm glad it has taken this long. If I had lost it all really fast I wouldn't have learned that change is difficult, challenges are motivational, I like me, and that my family can be won over to my way of eating!

I still have a ways to go about 25-30 more pounds, but now I know I can lose it!
  #57   ^
Old Thu, Jun-01-06, 15:58
Attitude is a Choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsCarrieM
I just wanted to jump in and say I have made it too the 100 pounds lost mark. It has take a little over 2 years and it has been a rollercoaster journey, but I'm glad it has taken this long. If I had lost it all really fast I wouldn't have learned that change is difficult, challenges are motivational, I like me, and that my family can be won over to my way of eating!

I still have a ways to go about 25-30 more pounds, but now I know I can lose it!

Bravo!! Not only did you lose 100 lbs but you are now also in ONEDERLAND!!!!!

Of course you'll make it to goal.....because this is the way you eat now for life...right?

Way to go!!
  #58   ^
Old Mon, Jun-26-06, 10:25
Attitude is a Choice

bumping this thread back up to see if any one else has hit the 100 lb mark?

I know that your out there....
  #59   ^
Old Tue, Jun-27-06, 08:22

Stats: 280/260/130 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 13%

those of you that have lost triple digits and are at your goals...i have a question...

i am terribly worried about having extra hanging skin all over my torso....when i lost 65 lbs before it looked really bad...like someone had deflated me. what experences, if any, did you all have with that? i'm worried that if i lose all this weight i'll be afraid to take my clothes off even then...

thanks...
  #60   ^
Old Tue, Jun-27-06, 08:31
Attitude is a Choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by iasi
those of you that have lost triple digits and are at your goals...i have a question...

i am terribly worried about having extra hanging skin all over my torso....when i lost 65 lbs before it looked really bad...like someone had deflated me. what experences, if any, did you all have with that? i'm worried that if i lose all this weight i'll be afraid to take my clothes off even then...

thanks...

I know that some are doing surgery to correct their skin issues. IMHO, its best to wait for about 1 year after you get to goal to see just how much skin goes back.

I'm now 6 months into maintaining and when I get to 1 yr, thats when I'll decide if I want to cut my body open for cosmetic reasons.