Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Aug-06-04, 23:09

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 304/239.5/160 Female 68 inches
BF:too/dang/much
Progress: 45%
Default Christmas 2004

There is no way I could say this any better than MisterE.. so i am gonna cut and paste here..

You know, sometimes I spend so much time worrying about what to get others for the Holidays that I forget about other important stuff. This year I think 1st on my list will be My present and I see it somewhere in the stuff I wrote above. One of those wonderful gifts is mine if I choose to give it to myself this year. Nah, I don't know yet WHICH one...nor do I believe any of us KNOWS. You can't tell 'til we unwrap it during the Holidays! I just know that if I follow my chosen WOE that Santa and the Whoosh fairie will be very good to me this year. (by MisterE 2003)

He also did the math about how many weeks were left before Christmas.. I will try and figure that out here... (it is late..)

there are 20 weeks left.. if one were to lose 1/2 pounds a week, between now and Christmas,... that would be 10 pounds...
move that up to a do-able 1 pound per week.. and you would be minus 20 before Santa shows up at your door (okay.. chimney)
If it moved up just another step..to 2 pounds per week. (and very do-able for some on this LC WOE). that would be 40 pounds.. can you imagine any better Christmas gift to give, not only to yourself.. but to and for your loved ones?

okay.. now I have to admit.. I don't know what a Whoosh fariy is,.... however.. I can think.. in terms of 20 weeks..that is not too long.. and .. I am gonna stick with this..
I am gonna try for the 2 pounds per week.. that will make my Christmas weigh-in ~ 223. I just have to make myself get some more movement.. walking.. bike,, sex... whatever....

best of everything
everybody

Merry Christmas (wow! does that sound weird in August!!)

dianna

p.s. MisterE.. I hope I did you proud here.. please fill in the gaps I've missed-
you are an inspiration...
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Aug-07-04, 00:06
90 Days at a Time

Plan: Glycemic Load
Stats: 426/405.2/326 Male 74 in.
BF:
Progress: 21%

Well, you KNOW I am with you on this one! Here is to our best Christmas ever!
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Aug-07-04, 02:45
MySpaceBarSticks.

Plan: atkins
Stats: 21/20/180 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: -1%

I am going for 3 pounds per week for a total of 60 pounds. we should update here to keep track of our progress, and have the best xmas gift ever! would love to hit 200 by then, but will be happy with 60 pounds gone!
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Aug-07-04, 04:09
Registered Member

Plan: My Version of M/E
Stats: 284/000/140 Female 65 inches
BF:54%/49.5%/25%
Progress: 197%

Count me in! I'd love to lose at least 3# a week. 60 pounds by Xmas would be GREAT!
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Aug-07-04, 05:31
Medival Princess

Plan: curves
Stats: 298/214/190 Female 6 ft or 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 78%

i will just settle for a lb a week which would put me right at goal for xmas
though if i could get it(goal) before halloween i would be even more thrilled
seriously i need some extra modivation after having a 4 day weekend for my birthday and i barely think you could call how i ate low carb! (i hung on by a thread)
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Aug-07-04, 06:09
Stay in the ZONE!!

Plan: atkins/mine
Stats: 253.5/253.5/200 Female 5'2"
BF:Losing It!
Progress: 0%

Count me in I am always up for a challenge. I will set my goal to lose about 1/2 pound or 1 pound per week. That would put me in great shape for Christmas. Plus some needed exercise will be in my challenge.

Oops I see this is in triple digit club, if you want to kick me out go ahead, but I love a challenge.

Last edited by golflady59 : Sat, Aug-07-04 at 06:18.
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Aug-07-04, 15:27

Plan: Atkins as a loose guide
Stats: 237/149/135 Female 5 ft 6 in
BF:
Progress: 86%
Default All I want for Christmas.....

golflady59, don't worry about getting kicked out. The TDC is for those who need to lose 100 or more pounds AND those taking the journey with them, LOL! Good luck on your own weight loss!

A half-pound a week sounds doable - my weight loss has slowed dramatically lately although it's still pretty steady. I was at about 2 pounds per week but now I'm about 1 pound a week. Still happy and pluggin' along though! 29 pounds gone as of this morning!
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Aug-09-04, 04:14
90 Days at a Time

Plan: Glycemic Load
Stats: 426/405.2/326 Male 74 in.
BF:

OK...since this is fired up and I am fired up and needing motivation to get my butt in gear, I see we have 20 weeks left. I choose to lose 2 pounds a week. 40 pounds before Christmas...(Wait there is MORE)...AND to keep it off thru the Holidays. All of it. Unlike last year when I took it off and gained it all back.

Weigh-in for me will be Saturday morning's since this started Saturday, August 7.

Please note that I have a great deal more weight to lose than MOST of you...I can (generally speaking) lose faster than MOST smaller people. My 2 pounds per week may not be realistic for some of you. But think about it this way: in percentage of fat lost a smaller amount lost by a smaller person can actually be a great percentage of loss. Just a heads-up so we do not have any dissapointment on Christmas of those who take this journey and make this commitment.

PS...check out my Santa picture in my gallery.

PPS...remember your exercise is part of the path to success.

Last edited by MisterE : Mon, Aug-09-04 at 13:28.
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Aug-09-04, 08:11

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 273.5/236.0/160 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 33%

Count me in on this one - and while I would LOVE for it to be 2 pounds per week - which would get me below 200 - I haven't lost two pounds per week since induction so I will target a minimum of 1 pound per week.

Thanks Dianna and Mister E
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Aug-09-04, 09:25
Bouncy!

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 297/173.3/150 Female 5'7" (top weight 340)
BF:41%/31%/??%
Progress: 84%

I can't put time frames on my goals, invariably, they don't work out, so I won't try to say exactly how much I'll lose by Christmas, but.... I have been losing about 1.5 lbs per week on average for the last 16 weeks, if I could do that, I'd lose 30 lbs. There is no possible way I could, but if I could lose 2.3 lbs per week, 46 pounds total, I'd actually it goal! Not gonna happen though, I don't lose that fast anymore. Worse case scenario, I only lose about 1 lb per week, 20 lbs.

So, I'd say I'll probably lose about 20-35 lbs by Christmas and that will put my weight at between 176 and 161! Woohoo! Won't that be great!

Val
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Aug-09-04, 09:36
fierce!

Plan: TGDW
Stats: -/-/- Female 64
BF:
Progress: 73%

I just ended the 2-week Induction period and was rather disappointed with the results: 6 pounds. So perhaps years and years of yo-yo dieting have finally done their damage because the my last time on Induction (~ a year ago), I lost 12 pounds. This time I am exercising, and I wonder if I am gaining muscle already. (sigh)

I suppose 1.5 pounds a week is reasonable, although I have no idea at what rate I will lose during OWL. But I'm pretty certain, if I stick, I can lose a solid 30 pounds.
  #12   ^
Old Mon, Aug-09-04, 09:56

Plan: LC BFL
Stats: 279/155/135 Female 5'5
BF:39/24/<20
Progress: 86%

20 weeks till xmas? holy yikes. ok... well, my origional goal was to be 135 by January. that leaves me with 35 pounds to lose in 20 weeks! (or 21 til Jan) wow- way to put things in perspective- thank you! i dunno if its feasible for me to lose 1 -1.5 pounds a week, but i really am going to give it my best effort. i'm coming off a bumpy couple of weeks and back in full force now. thanks for the reality check!
  #13   ^
Old Mon, Aug-09-04, 12:00

Plan: modified me
Stats: 274/258/199 Female 64
BF:don't want to know

Well I would like to be in onederland by the holidays. Christmas would be good Thanksgiving would be great. I will work to lose 30 by Christmas. I am at 222 as of today and will make Monday my weigh in day if thats alright.
  #14   ^
Old Tue, Aug-10-04, 10:27
Queen of Bouncing

Plan: Temp - PSMF
Stats: 240/198/135 Female 63"
BF:Who Knows
Progress: 40%

I'll hop on this bandwagon too. I'm losing slowly so I'll split the difference between the 10 & 20 lbs and go for 15 more lbs by Christmas This will put me right around the 200 mark and if I'm really lucky maybe I'll make Onederland by Christmas

Debbie
  #15   ^
Old Tue, Aug-10-04, 10:52
MySpaceBarSticks.

Plan: atkins
Stats: 21/20/180 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: -1%

so we're all coming back on saturday ( or other days) to report losses for the week? sounds good to me. i will report this saturday. man another thing... we gotta get shopping. 20 weeks left. that is 10 paychecks. ugh. im usually half done by now.