Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Beginner/Low Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, May-12-04, 16:06

Plan: Atkin's
Stats: 186/155/148 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 82%
Exclamation yoga for weight loss

I know it sounds strange, but yoga was a surprise for me. I am rediscovering what a difference a little bit done right can do. I've always wanted to do yoga since it can be done well at home (a class is often too distracting). I have gone through 15 tapes - eep - and found 2 that were worth it. The best one is Living Arts' "Yoga for Weight Loss" with Suzanne Deason. 4 women are in the video doing the same workout but with various modifications. It's separated into several sections. I often just do the warmup at the beginning to get my aching back right for the day. This tape is rigorous enough for weight loss but doable even for someone who finds all the other "beginner" tapes just too hard to do or follow.

The other tape that I found useful is "Yoga for Dummies". It's not as fun or integrated as the weight loss one, but she goes through moves in a slower way and you can hear her breathing so you can learn how to "do" yoga. Breathing is everything.

So if you want to try a little yoga at home to stretch, get a better shape, or even drop a few pounds, I recommend these videos.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, May-13-04, 07:37
weighing in....

Plan: BFL
Stats: 245/225/200 Female 5' 10"
BF:Why, yes, yes I do
Progress: 44%

Centi -

I also have the Living Arts DVD and love it! They have a great series of yoga tapes and I've found all of them to be better than most others around there.

Really like the way yoga makes me feel - strong and energized but not exhausted. Took me a while to get into some of the *Meditation mode* but do enjoy yoga when I want a more relaxing quiet workout.

Kiks
  #3   ^
Old Thu, May-13-04, 18:31
Princess PIA

Plan: Atkins - Induction
Stats: 210/176.6/140 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 48%

I love yoga. I do about 20 minutes on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday before I walk. It really helps warm up the muscles and joints to prevent injuries.