Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Turtle Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#136   ^
Old Sat, May-19-07, 10:52

Plan: low carb, portion control
Stats: 222/155/140 Female 5'6"
BF:100%//33
Progress: 82%
Default Greetings

Congrats to all grad Moms

Back from our summer holiday- went to Florida, was lovely weather, not too hot yet, gulf swimming was very refreshing.

Now digging out from laundry, bills, etc. And this weekend we get to move our twin DDs from their off campus aprtment to storage, in 2 weeks get to move them from storage to their new apartment. No elevators, 3 flights up... . Will be very happy when they graduate, have about 2 more years to go.

Back to reality on Monday, when I get back to work. I can seriously work out every day and back to more strict eating, was not so vigilant on vacation. Had lots of low carb treats, which I normally stay away from. Was able to get low carb Rocky Road ice cream for my sweets, and for that salty crunchy craving, found a great bag of pork rinds that didn't taste like styrofoam. I even had 4 potato chips, which I have not had since last September. Damn, they were good!

Well, fellow turtles, I would beat myself up if I thought it would do any good. But I'm going to give myself a pass, and say this is the only time since last September that I haven't been very strict with eating or working out, or drinking lots of water. I did work out twice, but was very active on the other days, up 3 lbs from last weigh in, guess it could have been worse.

Have a super weekend, all, best wishes!!
Sponsored Links
  #137   ^
Old Sat, May-19-07, 15:07
Never Give Up!

Plan: It's anybody's guess!
Stats: 350/250/160 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 53%

Hi, turtle buddies! I finally managed to get myself back on Induction. This is day 4 for me. I lost 3 lbs overnight! I know it's just water weight, but I've been trying to get rid of that water for many months now, so I'm quite pleased.

I've cut back to 2 cups of decaf coffee in the morning, from 4, and I've been having a flax muffin every day for breakfast. The nice thing about the recipe I use is that it's very basic, and you can change the flavor simply by using different flavoring extracts and different DaVinci syrups. I have increased my water intake to 150 oz/day (sometimes more), primarily so the flax won't cause me to become constipated. I plan to stay on Induction for 3 or 4 weeks, but when I finally reach the appropriate rungs on OWL, I can add nuts and/or berries to the muffins. I'm toying with the idea of making a batch them savory by adding herbs, garlic, onion, etc. to them, so if I have eggs or something else for breakfast, I'll be able to have a flax muffin as something "breadlike" with my lunch or dinner. They freeze really well, and defrost in the microwave at 1 minute on high power.

Congratulations to all the new grads, and to the bride-to-be, and to their wonderful moms, as well!
  #138   ^
Old Sun, May-20-07, 09:54

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 156/146.8/139 Female 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 54%

Good morning Pond Pals!

I don't have anything much to report on the WL front... The scale and I aren't communicating right now and I have relegated it to the back of the bathroom cabinet until it promises to behave better.

Over the course of the last three days my great accomplishment is planting my first flower garden in my new house. It's my second spring here and I didn't do anything other than clean up last year.

I'm counting all the gardening and clean up as my workout for the weekend!!! Oh my aching back!!!!!

It's a long weekend here so I have today and tomorrow to recover.

Happy weekend all!

Julie
  #139   ^
Old Mon, May-21-07, 05:42

Plan: my own
Stats: 278/213.8/150 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 50%

hi there i hope you don't mind me posting here. i had asked a question about being a slow loser and someone kindly pointed me to this thread. i was starting to feel like the only one and now i know i am not. i need this encouragement from others like me. since starting lc i have only lost 2 lbs. the original weight loss was from 2 years ago. i constantly bounce up and down up and down but i know i need low carb. i feel great on it, i love the food choices just wish the scale and my body would co operate.
  #140   ^
Old Mon, May-21-07, 08:13

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by anewlcme
hi there i hope you don't mind me posting here. i had asked a question about being a slow loser and someone kindly pointed me to this thread. i was starting to feel like the only one and now i know i am not. i need this encouragement from others like me. since starting lc i have only lost 2 lbs. the original weight loss was from 2 years ago. i constantly bounce up and down up and down but i know i need low carb. i feel great on it, i love the food choices just wish the scale and my body would co operate.

Welcome to the Turtle Pond anewlcme!

We Turtles are very slow losers and we try all kinds of things to make us lose more.

Glad you are here with us but sorry you have to be here at the same time ROFLOL.....

If you post your typical routine (food and exercise) maybe we can help.

Take care, Julie
  #141   ^
Old Mon, May-21-07, 14:57

BF:

thanks julie i will try. i mostly post my foods in my journal but am willing to post them here too.
breakfast
fried egg sandwich made w/ flax seed
lunch
berries and cream
dinner
cheese steak salad
only exercise today was getting in 8000 steps.
  #142   ^
Old Mon, May-21-07, 19:06

BF:

Ok, anewlcme - where are your veggies? You might want to add more. Do you drink lots of water?

I love flax bread with fried eggs for bf!

Have you considered a more formal plan? Lots of good choices out there.

8000 steps is good!!!!

Take care, Julie
  #143   ^
Old Mon, May-21-07, 19:33
Never Give Up!

BF:

Welcome to the Pond, Anewlcme! Dive on in, the water's fine! We're glad to have you join us!
  #144   ^
Old Tue, May-22-07, 05:39

BF:

unfortunatly i am not a big veggie fan so the only veggies i get are in my salad. the scale was up 1/2 pound this morning so thinking maybe the fruit is not being friendly right now? or maybe too much mayo?
i have tried some but the veggies always throw me off plus cottage cheese ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww maybe i just need to go check out some new books at the library and see what i come up with. maybe i am just trying to mix to many together to find the right one?
  #145   ^
Old Tue, May-22-07, 14:00

Stats: 253/176.0/153 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 77%

Hey Pond Pals!

The Grad was excellent! My eating was not! I figured about the only thing low carb that I could have eaten would have been the chicken ( had I scraped off the sauce and the couple spears of asparagus) Anyways...moving on now! DD looked gorgeous and we all had a fantastic time. That's what counts! I'm reading the Fat Flush book at the moment. I'm not too sure about it yet. I'm more into doing things that I know I can follow for life rather than looking for quick fixes. It's a very restrictive plan to follow and I don't know if I could do it for long. I might take some of the priciples of it though as I find they make sense and try to incorporate some of them into my present plan. I'm just so confused about what direction to head!
  #146   ^
Old Tue, May-22-07, 14:03

BF:

Ok, if salad veggies are all you can handle, then that's ok.

Fruit is something that is a problem for many people - including me. I can have berries and melon but that's it.

1/2# is nothing to worry about - it's probably water.

I think it's a good idea to go to the library and do some reading. Pick a plan that you can really live with and go for it.

Julie
  #147   ^
Old Wed, May-23-07, 05:19

BF:

i dropped the fruit yesterday and the only cheese i had was parm on my baked chicken and the 1/2 a pound is gone this morning. so i will stay away from the fruit for awhile and see how it goes. thanks for the input.
  #148   ^
Old Wed, May-23-07, 07:48

BF:

That's what we're here for.....

Take care, Julie
  #149   ^
Old Fri, May-25-07, 09:05

Plan: atkins/intermit. fasting
Stats: 166/136/135 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 97%

Hey everyone, I think I posted here about 100 years ago. I just wanted to report on my success with intermittent fasting. Especially with willpower issues this comes in handy. I no longer eat breakfast as soon as I wake up. I put off my first meal of the day to now earlier than 11:00 which usually equals a fast of at least 16 hours, depending on when I ate dinner the night before. Then I eat pretty much whatever low carb meal that I want until about 6:00 or 7:00 at night.I am attempting to shorten that window to about 6 hours then to 4 hours. Each meal is healthy and full of protein and vegetables. I also have added coconut oil to my diet and both changes are helping to to lose a little more. I am also more alert and I have been finding new foods to help me to keep my insuln as stable as possible. I now have gone from 4 meals a day to 2-3 meals. Eventually I hope to go for 20 hours and then eat for 4 hours.

This has helped me to become more alert and BMs are more frequent. That is so important. I have been doing this for about 6 weeks and I have lost about 8 lbs. I am sure some of it will come back but this has widened the playing field.

I just wanted to share,
B57
  #150   ^
Old Fri, May-25-07, 17:29
Never Give Up!

BF:

I'm glad you posted this. I've been thinking about doing something similar once I finish Induction. I have 4 more days to go. Haven't lost much weight, but last time I didn't lose anything at all. I may have to do the Fat Fast again, and then try the IF protocol. I'm waiting for a minor medical problem I have (a UTI) to clear up before then, though.

Good to see you here!