Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Sat, Feb-11-17, 04:14

Plan: lchf
Stats: 185/167/155 Male 5 feet 6 inches
BF:
Progress:

someone wrote on this forum that there is nothing worse than a diet evangelist and i am sure he is right it is one of my shortcomings that i want to share what has helped me even though i have not been asked . i am trying not to make low carb a religion for me and to take it one day at a time and on each and every day i get up and refocus on what i need to do to get to my goal , which is to reverse my diabetes and get off my meds. if i have not done as well as i can i will bear down and try and do better and i wont be beating myself for breaches of discipline.
Patient progress not perfection is the motto of the day
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sat, Feb-11-17, 06:42

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

Congratulations on your progress with blood glucose! You can go to the User CP in green bar and change your current weight too.
Interesting mix you are using, cinnamon supposedly helps BG too.
Trader Joe's just started carrying their coconut oil in 1T packets to add to coffee or chug like a runner's gel. Maybe in a similar store in Canada? The dry mix should be easy to carry in a small ziplock bag. For oils, there should be some type of small refillable container you could use for your mix. Old pill or syrup bottles? Hiking supply stores?

Check out the diabetes forum for more ideas. http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=45

Other types of bread you may want to consider....Libby's 20 best LC breads: http://www.ditchthecarbs.com/2016/1...on-the-internet

A Paleo oncologist I follow has a similar seed bread recipe. That is a half cup of each seed/nut and he does not chop them (I would to make it more manageable) http://www.cavemandoctor.com/2016/0...inners-of-2015/

Last edited by JEY100 : Sun, Feb-12-17 at 03:38.
  #18   ^
Old Wed, Mar-01-17, 03:16

Plan: LCHF
Stats: 210/178.2/160 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 64%

Thud,

that look's delicious!! Do you have a blog with all of your recipes? I'm definitely a fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by thud123
One of the easiest and deliciousest things to make for me is burger in a bowl. Nexus you can get real creative topping it of with other low carb ingredients, some that you wouldn't usually put on a burger, here's one...

Fried Egg, Bacon, Radish, Kimchi over iceberg/spinach mix. I'm hungry now!