Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Protein Power
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Tue, Feb-17-04, 12:03

Plan: Atkins-->PP
Stats: 250/211.0/170 Female 5'5"
BF: size 26/22/12
Progress: 49%

unity--i usually bring either jerky, or nuts with me to the movies, they don't make as much noise in your pockets...
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Tue, Feb-17-04, 12:18

Plan: Basic Lo Carb
Stats: 270/236/170 Female 5'9
BF:
Progress: 34%

Hope you feel better Ellie I did finally manage to get a salad down. I wasn't exactly hungry..but I wasn't exactly NOT hungry. Hard to explain..but I got the salad down. Now just one more snack and dinner to go and I can stop worrying about getting my count right
  #18   ^
Old Tue, Feb-17-04, 12:56

Plan: ALOT of salads,veggies ec
Stats: 180/160/140 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 50%

Hi guys!
I am cutting back and eating more induction like, BUT I did have a small cup of the carb countdown milk with alittle bit of splenda in it, I am keeping track of my calories too, and have planned out what to eat for the rest of the day, (now if I can just STICK to it!) The parts came!! the parts came!! I can finally get to going on my treadmill, I was having withdrawal symptoms! (I blame my wieght gain on that instead of my pizza slip!)

Elaine, to you, it sounds like you are having a crazy day! You know it DOES make a difference on where the scales sit, I have an electronic one that is not moved under the pain of death in my bathroom! I tell you what I feel like that alot of days also, you do get tired of anaylizing and noting everything that you eat, but I guess that it is better then the alternative! You are not alone in these madening wieght war!!

Unity,(nice picture!) I usually bring some crunchers or alittle bag of sf chocolates, Portion is the main issue here!

Ellie, hope your stomach troubles get better! I am staying to a more induction type diet, I need to get away from the sweets that I have comsumed to much of!

Orang, It is amazing the differences of protien levels of food! I have guessed before only to be quite suprised!

Well I have to get going for now!
Hello and WELCOME to all of our new people here!!
  #19   ^
Old Tue, Feb-17-04, 13:04

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Quote:
Originally Posted by acipenser
i don't remember any strict food items not allowed on PP induction. i thought it was the 30 carb limit. i remember atkins had strict food items for induction. i may be getting my books mixed up though.

You are right in that there really are no restricted food in PP Intervention. It's easy to mix up the two, especially since most people call the first two weeks of whatever they're doing Induction.

Last edited by BawdyWench : Tue, Feb-17-04 at 13:06.
  #20   ^
Old Tue, Feb-17-04, 13:10

Plan: Protein Power maintenance
Stats: 18/12/10 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress:

Meg - I am feeling a little better myself. LOL...I know what you mean about not exactly being hungry and not exactly being not hungry....exactly how I feel I also managed a small salad and a small peice of baked chicken. I still have a drumstuck on my plate but I am too full to eat it. I am just hoping this meal stays in me

Elaine - WTG!!!!

Lissette - pizza? what pizza? I didn't see any pizza.... I am heading back to gym today as well. I am going to get some cardio in then a Ti Chi class.

I spoke to my Dad last night, they did not do a full autospy and listed the cause of death as cardio-vascular disease. He was not at all satisified with this nor was my step-Mom's father so they are paying for an independent autopsy. He was very upset I can't blame him, I would have to know why in order to have closure. Her funeral is next Sunday.
  #21   ^
Old Tue, Feb-17-04, 14:40

Plan: Protein Power maintenance
Stats: 18/12/10 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress:

Well, lunch didn't last long Not even 20 minutes and I was running for the bathroom. Not sure what this is all about, not a typical induction symptom.
  #22   ^
Old Tue, Feb-17-04, 14:53

Plan: Atkins-->PP
Stats: 250/211.0/170 Female 5'5"
BF: size 26/22/12
Progress: 49%

eeek, to all of those having induction troubles....

HANG IN THERE

lissette--did i hear somebody else had pizza this weekend?!?!?! for me it was a calzone....ugh. i know what you mean about excercise withdrawls. i get them also when i don't get to the gym. i even get achy muscles when i don't excercise for a while.
  #23   ^
Old Tue, Feb-17-04, 18:49

Plan: no fake foods lo-0 carbs
Stats: 200/160/130 Female 5'2"
BF:goal 25%
Progress: 57%

Quote:
Unity started the thread You're officially a member now.
Hey I've started it before...I just do it before I go to bed ..LOL..you all are getting up when I'm going to bed...I sometimes work untill 3am PST so...

Quote:
A manager got really ugly about my rinds / dip - I told him we had special dietary needs and that they didn't sell anything except the diet drink that we could eat / drink. He continued to protest and I told him he was treading dangerously close to an Americans with Disabilities Act violation - he backed off immediately.
that is ssooo clever...LOL
  #24   ^
Old Tue, Feb-17-04, 21:08
Flutterby

Plan: All that make sense
Stats: 220/212/160 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 13%

Hi gang!

Well, maybe my scales didnt move this week, but my blood glucose readings have been dynomite! In fact, today was the first time that I had 2 consecutive under 100 readings, so I was able to lower my insulin 10%!

I discovered today I wasn't taking one of my oral meds the way he prescribed it.. I was only taking one tab in the morning, but on careful inspection of the dang instructions, ony 2 1/2 weeks LATER.. I read.. Take ONE tablet 2X daily.

DOH!
  #25   ^
Old Thu, Feb-19-04, 18:39
Flutterby

Plan: All that make sense
Stats: 220/212/160 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 13%

I have officially put her on a diet!