Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Protein Power
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Mon, Jan-19-04, 16:07

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

B - Protein Drink
S - 2 Hard boiled eggs
L - Salad with lettuce, radish, parsley, green onion and egg
S - Celery with peanut butter
D - Chicken with brocolli and cauliflower
S - Cottage cheese with peaches

Calories Eaten Today
Total: 892
Fat: 43 383 44%
Sat: 14 127 15%
Poly: 5 48 6%
Mono: 11 95 11%
Carbs: 39 124 14%
Fiber: 8 0 0%
Protein: 90 359 41%

I hit the Carbs but everything else was low. I feel like eat all the time.

Walked for 25 minutes in the pouring cold rain. After a nice hot shower....I feel good.

Orang - your menu sure sounds yummy

Flintstone - Congratulations on your 5lbs gone...way to go.

ewinpa - Hope you enjoy your day off. I'm not a sports fan so I have no idea who the Eagles are but I'm sorry they blew it.

Lissette - Hi back Hope your having a great day.

BawdyWench -sorry to hear Phaedra, wishing you the best.

Keithvb - That's a tough one, Hope things get better.

katlynweb - Yeah I saw the article in the online NY Times about Atkins changing their meal but I have to say I using don't pay to much attention to this kind of thing until it's been around awhile. The media has a way to changing things every few days.

Charran - Congratulations on your 5 lbs lose. Way to go.....
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Mon, Jan-19-04, 16:28

Plan: no fake foods lo-0 carbs
Stats: 200/160/130 Female 5'2"
BF:goal 25%
Progress: 57%
Talking

Quote:
Orang - your menu sure sounds yummy

Flintstone - Congratulations on your 5lbs gone...way to go.

ewinpa - Hope you enjoy your day off. I'm not a sports fan so I have no idea who the Eagles are but I'm sorry they blew it.

Lissette - Hi back Hope your having a great day.

BawdyWench -sorry to hear Phaedra, wishing you the best.

Keithvb - That's a tough one, Hope things get better.

katlynweb - Yeah I saw the article in the online NY Times about Atkins changing their meal but I have to say I using don't pay to much attention to this kind of thing until it's been around awhile. The media has a way to changing things every few days.

Charran - Congratulations on your 5 lbs lose. Way to go.....
I second that LOL
  #18   ^
Old Mon, Jan-19-04, 16:33

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Just checking in. Phaedra is doing the same. No change.

Keith, so sorry to hear about your situation. Dealings with family are never easy.

Char, your calories seem way too low to me. Your protein seems maybe just a might too low also. Definitely try to get those calories up to maybe 1200 or so. This is only my opinion, mind you. When you cut your calories too much, your body compensates by conserving them as if it will never be fed again.

Personally, I'm trying a bit of a higher-fat regimen for a while. I went back through my Fitday records. I don't know how much history they keep, but I was able to get back to 2002, when I was 152! I don't really remember being 152; I remember being stuck (er, maintaining) at 155 for almost a year before starting to gain some back.

Anyway, I looked back to when I was down at 152 and maintaining (in 2002), and my average percentages were:

Calories: 1354
Fat: 98 grams (67%)
Carbs/ECC: 24/16 grams (5%)
Protein: 90 grams (27%)

Hmmmmmm.

Lately, I've been stuck between 165 and 170, and these have been my percentages:

Calories: 1428
Fat: 77 grams (48%)
Carbs/ECC: 54/44 grams (14%)
Protein: 118 grams (44%)

Fat was a lot higher back then, protein a little lower, and carbs a lot lower. So, I'm doing a trial run to see what happens with the percentages I used back in 2002. Even at the 2002 protein percentage (90) I'm still getting my minimum protein requirement recommended by the Eades.

Anyway, I plan to finish out January at least at these new percentages and see what happens. Exercise will remain the same -- 3 times per week, BFL-style on the Bowflex.

So, please, no one take this as advice. This is what I plan to do. Other people (like Wendy) do better with higher carb percentages and lower fat. Maybe this will work better for me. We'll see.

Last edited by BawdyWench : Mon, Jan-19-04 at 16:36.
  #19   ^
Old Mon, Jan-19-04, 16:55

Plan:
BF:
Progress:

"3 times per week, BFL-style on the Bowflex"

Oh, oh, oh...
someone who owns a bowflex....do you like it? I've been looking at different equipment to buy for a home gym. I'm mean singing in the rain is okay once in awhile but....soggy sloppy swishy feet isn't....<sigh>

I really like the video they sent us but without having a store near by or knowning anyone that has one it would be a purchase sight unseen....or is that try unseen....

Would sure like your opinion on the bowflex if you don't mind.

It's still early today and that is the menu plan for today, I'll have to add some more to it. I really do feel better lately. No headaches or being so tired. No hmmm....other problems either So I'll dig in the frig and see what else I can come up with.

Thanks everyone

Last edited by smoothblu : Mon, Jan-19-04 at 16:57.
  #20   ^
Old Mon, Jan-19-04, 16:56

Plan:
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by unitydkn
I second that LOL

Cute!!! I hope you have a great day also....
  #21   ^
Old Mon, Jan-19-04, 19:36

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 450/348/225 Male 72 inches
BF:UGH!
Progress: 45%

Just Stopping in to say a quick hello!!!!

Elaine..I'd like to say I was sorry about the Eagles...But if I did..I'd worry about a bolt of lightning

Bawdy..sorry about Phaedra
  #22   ^
Old Mon, Jan-19-04, 20:09

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Blu, not a great night for me. In short, I love the Bowflex and would recommend it in a second. I bought a second-hand one off eBay -- they're pretty expensive. A friend at work bought a "no-name" one for about $300 and likes it fine. Part of what you're paying for is the name. She bought hers at a sporting goods store. Look around and maybe try one out at a store. Unless I'm mistaken, you can only buy Bowflex from online/TV, not from a store. But check out eBay. The one I bought goes for $2200 new, and I got it for $1600 (1 year old) and the condition was like new.

I'll tell you more tomorrow.
  #23   ^
Old Mon, Jan-19-04, 20:20

Plan:
BF:
Progress:

Bawdy, thanks for the information. I appreciate it.

Here is an updated menu for today and I can't eat no more!!!!!

B - Protein Drink
S - 2 Hard boiled eggs and homemade protein bar
L - Salad with lettuce, radish, parsley, green onion and egg, cheese
S - Celery with peanut butter, almonds <5>
D - Chicken with brocolli and cauliflower with butter
S - Cottage cheese with shrimp

Calories Eaten Today
source grams cals %total
Total: 1797
Fat: 116 1047 59%
Sat: 26 236 13%
Poly: 13 113 6%
Mono: 23 209 12%
Carbs: 45 114 6%
Fiber: 17 0 0%
Protein: 155 621 35%
  #24   ^
Old Mon, Jan-19-04, 22:53

Plan: my own
Stats: 253/176.0/153 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 77%

Kathy??? I haven't posted any of my menus yet so I'm not sure who you were talking about earlier. My calories are way up there in around the 1800 mark. I'm doing a little experimenting this time around myself as last time I didn't do so well. PP is my first experiment. I will try that for awhile and see how it works for me.
  #25   ^
Old Mon, Jan-19-04, 23:48
Registered Member

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 280/280/212 Male 6.0
BF:
Progress:

I know, I just feel so awful about my brother, he looked really bad when I made him leave. It breaks my heart to see him that way. I want to help him so bad but I cannot do anything for him. All I can do is pray for him. He lies to get in your house, then he hides the stuff, and expects you to look the other way. I don't know how long it will take me to recover from feeling like such a bad guy. I am going to an Al Anon meeting tommorrow, I have to. Thank you all for your words of support.