Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Protein Power
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Tue, Jan-13-04, 15:47

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Keith, you're down 7 pounds and didn't even update your profile yet!?!?!?!?!?!?

Geez, I claim every pound!

WAY TO GO!!! I love lifting weights, too. Best thing you can do for yourself, in my book.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Tue, Jan-13-04, 15:48

Plan: Protein Power maintenance
Stats: 18/12/10 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress:

Elaine - I wish I had some advice for you but I don't so I will give a great big hug instead You know can always be crabby here

Shelly - I decided to stop the progesterone cream until after I saw the doctor. I have a bad habit of diagnosing and treating myself I was afraid the cream might have caused the spotting last week. I don't take Vit E, what does it do?

Keith - I think you are doing a great job! Don't worry too much about going over on carbs as long as you are making good choices.

Char - Atkins did not work well for me either. I still had to tweak PP in order to lose. For me, I have to get calories between 1300-1500 in order to lose. I have been maintaining since July but it is a daily struggle to keep the weight off and I have gained a few pounds back. I am having alot of pre-menopause symptoms which may account for some of the problem.

Orang - Stay away from the carby foods LOL, I have the same problem when I cook rice or mac & cheese for DH & DD. Two or three bites always find there way to my mouth.
  #18   ^
Old Tue, Jan-13-04, 16:24

Plan: PP
Stats: 264/255.2/180 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 10%

Wendy, thanks so much for your words about keeping fat down. That's why I was wavering between LC and WW. I lost when I went low fat but wasn't getting enough protein and didn't feel or look good. Some of my medical stats, i.e triglycerides , are better on LC but I am not losing anything. When I am doing your "plan" I am not full after eating cottage cheese unless I have full fat, not the lower fat. It's that kind of stuff that is posing problems for me. I noticed you eat the lower fat but have nuts with it. I'd be afraid to keep pistachios in the house, they'd be gone in one night.
I will figure this out.

Ellie, here's a [[[[[hug]]]]] back at you!!!!

Hi Lissette!!!
  #19   ^
Old Tue, Jan-13-04, 16:53

BF:
Progress:

Oooppps .....forgot to post my menu from yesterday:

B - 2 thin slices pumpkin bread w/butter, coffee w/H&H
L - LC spagetti (keto spagetti, SF sauce w/spicy sausage)
Gym
25 minutes elliptical machine, weights - chest/back/legs
S - slice pumpkin bread w/butter
D - turkey and cheese sandwich on atkins plain bagel, 1 bag CarbFit twists (ranch flavor)
dessert - 1/2 cup SF ice cream
  #20   ^
Old Tue, Jan-13-04, 18:49

Plan: protein power
Stats: 245/236/175 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 13%

Let me start by saying how impressed I am that ya'll take the time to acknowledge everyone posting here!! What incredible support!! (and a great deal of time and effort on your part!!) Thank you all!!

Now...let me confess my sins of the day!!
Started off by skipping breakfast Bad girl !!! So I tried to graze constantly thru the day to make it up. Here's what I wound up with:
1 CB patty w/mayo & catsup
2 cup salad w/turkey & 1 boiled egg...mayo for dressing
1/2 dill pickle spear
1/2 c sf jello with whipped topping
1 oz almonds
2 lg pcs pizza quiche w/ pepperoni

Totals:
2371 cal
76 % fat
25 carbs/4%
115 g protien/19%

Last night I had quite a scare (which probably contributed to missing breakfast). Severe chest pains started around 10pm and really had me worried. Several times I started to get up and get dressed to go to ER...but after DH had just worked 15 hrs, I couldn't see making him go sit all night with me! (I know....I know...INCREDIBLY STUPID thinking on my part). I've never had any history of heart problems...and I'm not real sure what a "heart-attack" would be like? I couldn't envision spending 7-8 hrs at ER and then be told to go home and pass gas!!! Foolishly...I waited it out for a couple hrs and finally fell asleep. By this am..the severe pain had gone and all I was left with was a lot of soreness. After alot of beating myself up this morning for being stupid, I called my dr from work and made an appointment for an EKG tomorrow. Ironically, my aerobic class started tonight...I started to go..but at the last minute decided I'd better wait till after the EKG just to be sure. (UMMM...could this all be psychological to keep from exercising?)
Anyway..enough about my problems.

The only thing I can add to previous posts....I, too, have thyroid and take .15 mg Levoxyl (which I believe is a generic of synthroid). The fat doesn't seem to affect my loss...as I did quite well last time...but, perhaps at a slower rate thatn a lot of other people. But when I don't keep the cal count up there...I don't loose.

Ewinpa....Have you had your blood tested for your current thyroid levels lately? Your body DOES eventually adjust to the amount you take and have to be raised periodically.

Hope everyone had a great day!!
  #21   ^
Old Tue, Jan-13-04, 19:48

BF:
Progress:

Flintstone - Do you have a shorter version of your name that we can call you?

Severe chest pain and you didn't go to the ER? Please don't do that again. I can completely understand why you didn't cause I would probably have done the same thing...but Glad you decided to skip the exercise, better until you find out what is going on. Please keep us posted

BTW, your menu looked good!
  #22   ^
Old Tue, Jan-13-04, 20:05

BF:

Debbie or Deb is fine!!

Yes.....Mother!!! (LOL)

Whatever it was has obviously passed....even the soreness from this AM is now gone. Probably wasting my time with the EKG...but better to be safe than sorry I guess. Keep you posted!
  #23   ^
Old Tue, Jan-13-04, 20:37

Plan: ALOT of salads,veggies ec
Stats: 180/160/140 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 50%

Goodness Deb, what a scare! You should Always get things like that checked, SO many cases of women ignoring heart symptoms, in fact heart d. is the of the biggest killers of women today!
what kind of thyroid tests do you take at the doctor's?? I have been needing to go in and wanted to get some testing done!

Ellie, I just take the E for pms type stuff, also on thehealthdepot.com (and YES it is .com Elaine!) you go on and click reference room then supplement monographs, then click on the vitamin you want to research! Evening Primrose 3-4 gram a day helps with fibrocystic breast problems, 200-300 iu of vitamin E may decrease the symptoms of pms, Mangnesium (200 a day for 2 months) significantly reduces fluid retention,bloating and sorness.
Vitamin E is good for the skin too!

Hang in there Elaine! Don't give in or give up!!! Be strong, you will figure things out!! Remember, we are all searching in the dark too! (some more then others!) I know that if I gave up now I would be up to 300 in no time! ( and I am not kidding either!) Both of my sisters have had problems too, one of them had a gastric bypass lost alot of weight but is finding out that she still needs a healthy plan to live by, my other sis is alot shorter then me (a MAJOR stress eater) and is obese now, I have had to battle my weight since high school and I have finally come to the reality that it is for life! We are with you!!!!!

I better get going now, My treadie is calling (I must go hide now!)
  #24   ^
Old Tue, Jan-13-04, 20:58

BF:

Lissette....just a simple blood test is all that's need to check your thyroid levels. If you've never had one done...ask your dr next trip in. Some symptoms are fatigue, extremely dry skin, chilly all the time. Its work a check.
  #25   ^
Old Wed, Jan-14-04, 02:45

Plan: no fake foods lo-0 carbs
Stats: 200/160/130 Female 5'2"
BF:goal 25%
Progress: 57%

[quote=]Let me start by saying how impressed I am that ya'll take the time to acknowledge everyone posting here!! What incredible support!! (and a great deal of time and effort on your part!!) Thank you all!!
[/
quote]
yes even those of us to tired & crancky to post