Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#1   ^
Old Fri, Feb-05-10, 10:09

Plan: vlc
Stats: 272/272/152 Female 5 ft 4 in
BF:let me look, yep
Progress: 0%
Default Meat & Eggs We Love

Welcome...Some of us began a meat/egg fast on 2/1 and have decided to continue on past the one week challenge and continue on with this thread here. There are really no rules except that everyone is welcome and we are kind and considerate to everyone. We are here to be supportive, and offer encouragement and tips, advice to others. Some may not agree with what we choose to do or how our daily diet looks and that is fine, but it works for us and is OUR choice. Everyone is a bit different, but what I personally eat is very low carb and ONLY meat ( including seafood) and eggs and drink ONLY water...This is for weight loss purposes at this point. I hope everyone has a great day and feel free to join our thread...Stacy...My menu for today 2/5

Breakfast:
3 slices turkey breast
Lunch:
1 hamburger patty with mustard
Dinner will be
1 cup grilled scallop

100 ounces of water, my daily vitamins and meds
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Feb-05-10, 21:18

Changed my dinner a bit...Did not feel like the scallops....I just ended up having a MOST delish dinner....3 strips of crispy fried turkey bacon and a egg fried over medium,....YUM...it was one of my favorite dinners....I really am liking this meat/egg stuff more and more....I just wonder if I should get regular bacon and if that would help with weight loss better ( since it is not as lean),,,thoughts anyone???
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Feb-06-10, 01:55

Plan: Atkins 220.5lbs Jan 2007
Stats: 250/220.5/150 Female 5'5"
BF:?/?/25%
Progress: 30%

ljsmom: was it you who said you had ground beef with mayo in it?

I tried it yesterday and I love it! The cashews I had yesterday threw me out of ketosis (I probably ate close to a cup... that's about 40 grams of carbs!!) and I was still out of ketosis this morning, but by this AFTERNOON, I was back in ketosis again thanks to getting right back on plan yay!

Today I had my usual flax cereal
2 cups of coffee
cooked 1 lb of hamburger, been eating it all day with spices and mayo (no tomoato sauce today) and there's still enough left for a snack tomorrow.
1 cup cocoa (pure cocoa w/stevia & almond milk)
and I'm about to make another cup.

really wanting to get back into exercise... how do you all do with exercise? I've fallen off the wagon again. Staying on plan is the easy part for me. It's getting my a$$ of the couch that's a challenge!
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Feb-06-10, 01:57

ljsmom: in regards to bacon, that's another one of those meats you want to be careful with because bacon is made with sugars... it does have some carbs in it and can trigger cravings if you're not careful. In my opinion, bacon is best as a treat... but that's up to you to decide.
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Feb-06-10, 10:58

Plan: Atkins 72
Stats: 129/129/112 Female 5'2
BF:

I'd love to join this thread!!

I do my best when I'm strict M&E. On the weekends I tend to throw in a salad and a few green veggies. But Mon. through Fri. I stay on track with this WOE when it is M&E. I agree also that bacon sometimes can be a trigger food. I find I eat it mostly when I'm craving salt. Nuts are a big trigger food for me as well. Anyway, have a great weekend and happy LCarbing!

So far today:

2 fried eggs with 2 TBS cream cheese
Coffee w/cream
water

I probably should do my walking too.

Snack: s.f. jello w/2TBS HWC & cinnamon

1 can diet rite soda
2 s.f. popcycles

More grilled chicken tenders & water

Last edited by JoAnn.Fit : Sun, Feb-07-10 at 13:06.
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Feb-06-10, 11:41

Hey, I am glad you all found our new thread...How did the first 5 days go??...I am not going to get on the scales until Mon morning which will be a full week. I am hoping for a good result as I have whole heartedly had nothing but the meat/eggs/water.

MarieB, no I havent had any mayo yet, so far I have just added some mustard to my burger patties...I actually dont like mayo but love miracle whip and I know that has to much sugar so I dont even want to even start that,,,,Thanks for the info on the bacon, it hasnt given me any cravings, but I sure dont want it to stall me..I have some spicy sausage patties, I am going to really check out that label and see if that would be a better choice when I am having eggs...Thanks for passing on that sugar info, I know I had read that before, but I have read so much I totally forgot...I am sure by tomorrow you will be back in to ketosis Marie due to the cashews kicking you out,...remember my co-worker story??..She was eating them again yesterday,,,I just looked at her and laughed..lol...of course i was drooling inside thinking of my burger patty at my desk..lol....as far as my exercise goes, my husband tells me I am obsessed with it...I dont think I am, but I think this time it is working because this time I am determined and have not been any other time..I have decided this time the weight is coming off and i dont think I have ever been this serious before...I change my exercise plan around alot to not get bored..I joined a class that is fun and I love going..I do the wii fit wit my son and it doesnt seem like a workout....I walk or do an indoor walking dvd by leslie sansone....thats what works for me but everyone is different....I am ready for the weather to be nice so I can do more outside.....I hope you all are having a great day and a blessed weekend with your loved ones...I havent ate yet today as my dinner was late last night and so filling....I am going to grill some chicken strips for the week and go look for some good cuts of steaks today.....I am glad you all found us and with all the helpful tips....Keep up the great work, YOUR DOING GREATTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Feb-06-10, 15:46

Plan: IF+Keto+Carb Nite
Stats: 239.2/231.6/170 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 11%

Hi everyone!

I had the ground beef with mayo. I just stir fried the ground beef, then put in a big cereal bowl and topped with shredded cheddar, mayo, chopped dill pickles, etc. Like a cheeseburger in a bowl.

I'll be back later to chat. I'm off to sing in our church choir tonight ... haven't been in a choir for over 25 years!
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Feb-06-10, 18:21

wonderful! I'm noticing that I'm not getting email updates from this thread... not sure why.

But thanks to Leezlelee for introducing me to the hamburger in a bowl concept. I love it now

Yes, I was back in ketosis by yesterday afternoon. It's all good I'm loving this thread!
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Feb-06-10, 18:40

Good job Marie, I knew you would be back in before long.....way to go girlfriend,,,,

Glad to see that you found us Leezelee....I love to sing also, I have not sang in the church choir since I was a youth...I dont think I sing that well...My husband has an amazing voice...I often ask him to sing me Amazing Grace to help me sleep...I bet you sing just beautifully...

Hello JoAnn great to see you....we would love to have you...we just all met last week when we started a meat/ egg fast and have decided to keep it going..please join right in.

I hope everyone had a great day and is feeling great,,,,I had a productive day of running errands, doing some shopping, laundry and preparing meat for next week...Someone on another thread ( the carnivore one) had told me to maybe try pork belly instead of bacon but I was unable to find it today..I need to see if i can find a asian or hispanic market here in my city, that is where they suggested....Anyone ever tried this before??....

I grilled up some steak and some chicken strips on the indoor grill to have for lunch and dinner next week...

My menu for today was again pretty blah to most I bet:

Breakfast: not hungry
Lunch: 3 slices turkey bacon
Dinner: grilled steak

I dont think i got a full 100 ounces of water in yet, thats my downfall on the weekend...I do great at work with it at my desk ( I am a high school librarian) but at home I dont do so well

My eyes and nose was sure tempting me today while shopping, all the valentines and easter candy seemed to just be screaming at me today...Its been 37 days since I have had even a taste of chocolate or anything close...I texted my husband about how it all looked so good and he gave me some support and I just kept on walking right bye, oh how I love dove chocolate.....maybe after I lose 50 more pounds a piece of that will be my treat...keep up the great work my friends and talk to you all soon

have a great night.....Stacy
  #10   ^
Old Sat, Feb-06-10, 20:32

Stacy: do you know that there is low carb chocolate on the market? You don't have to go without! Again, it's one of those "treat" things, eating it regularly can cause stalls. But if you feel you must have a piece of chocolate, there are a lot of sugar free and quite low carb options (some dark chocolate varieties are as low as 2 net carbs for a whole bar of chocolate!).

If you're wanting to stick to THIS plan of just meat & eggs, then LC chocolate doesn't fit in, but if you want an Easter or Valentine's treat, you can find a low carb option
  #11   ^
Old Sat, Feb-06-10, 21:02

Marie, I have had some of those chocolates when I did atkins before like a few years ago...I wasnt real serious then and did not stick to it very long....I liked those chocolates alot...I do so much better when I dont stray away AT ALL and am very strict...that is why I have added nothing, not even any cheese, mayo, etc this time......I want to stay on this( meat, eggs, water only) as long as i can and then when I get tired of that maybe add in some cheese ....When I get to my goal, I will get a treat......I have to do it this time and am afraid a treat will throw my mindset way off track and will set triggers off....I have been reading alot of info on having a very low carb way of eating as a lifestyle and am going to try to adapt to that....This meat/egg fast is just what I need to get me started and I am loving it....thanks for all the support
  #12   ^
Old Sun, Feb-07-10, 00:20
Armywife26

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

I'm considering do the Meat & Eggs....Do u guys seem to lose more or is this just a fast?
  #13   ^
Old Sun, Feb-07-10, 11:50

I dont know about everyone else, but I have seemed to of lost more this week, my scales say 10 pounds, but then they have been acting crazy also....I do know that I have been VERY strict and have had nothing but meat/eggs and water,,,,I also am heavy and have alot to lose and some on here dont have that much to lose...I did read somewhere the more you have to lose the easier it on on this fast...Dont know if that is true, just what i read so please dont hold me to that...Just like every persons body is different...I can tell you from my experience, that I lost it is my face and my stomach and could tell in my jeans first....That was noticed by my husband and friends first...I can also tell you this week I had alot of energy and even at times had a hard time going to sleep due to the energy...But like I said everyone is different....I have read alot of the threads on here about others who eat this way all the time as a lifestyle and I plan on continuing it as I dont like veggies, so it has been easy for me....If you do decide to try it, this is a great group of supporters....I know there are skeptics who dont agree, but this is not the place for that...Good luck in whatever you decide and your always welcome here...I hope everyone is having a great day.....No food for me yet today, not hungry..Thats another thing, on this way of eating, you seem to be full alot and eat less often,..you can see some of our daily menus and see we eat very little,,your body just adapts to that and your not hungry.....talk to you all later, enojoy your Sunday....Stacy
  #14   ^
Old Sun, Feb-07-10, 13:26

Plan: Atkins 72
Stats: 129/129/112 Female 5'2
BF:

Hello everyone,

I hope everyone has alot of LC munchies for Superbowl Sunday! I pan fried a large batch of chicken tenders in butter and oil. Also broiled pork loins in the oven. I didn't fix alot of relish tray "stuff" because I tend to eat way more then I need and tend to get off track. Stacy, I can really relate to staying strict M&E. In looking over my history of ups and downs I have ALWAYS remained in control when I am VERY, VERY LC. I also do Leslies' WATP's. I have several DVD's and currently do her 5 mi. challenge however only do 3 of those miles otherwise I get bored.

Our Wii Active Sports is incredible! I try to jog for 16 minutes then box for 5 minutes. I feel great when I keep up on the exercise. I am truly an all or nothing type personality.

Leezlelee, great to hear you are back to your church chior! Much success to you on your LC journey! Marie, I'm glad you're back in ketosis. I have found that the citric acid in my s.f. popcycles, and s.f. jello, tend to kick me out of ketosis. I'm trying to keep them for treats.

I'll probably weigh in on Tuesday a.m.

Best wishes to all!!
JoAnn

So far today:

2 fried eggs w/2TBS cream cheese
3 small pieces of fried chicken tenders
2 glasses water
Had to make myself eat, I'm really not that hungry, but also understand about meal neglect.

Also welcome to this thread Armywife26!! I consider this way of eating a way of life for me. My body responds better with minimal amount of carbs. I'm happy to hear your hubby's returning soon!!

Last edited by JoAnn.Fit : Sun, Feb-07-10 at 13:37.
  #15   ^
Old Sun, Feb-07-10, 13:45

JoAnn, Tell me about frying your tenders,....Do you think frying them in the oil and butter and that extra fat helps you lose compared to grilling them?...I know that extra fat helps some, like they say adding some butter to their steak helps...I was afraid of that extra fat so I grilled some tenders for the week,,,,You can sure tell I am just learning all these and reading SO many different threads...

I tend to skip alot of meals, I am just so full from last nights dinner and for some reason ( i think the change in weather here and barometric pressure) I have a migraine today, which makes my stomach sick that food just sounds horrible....I did go just a bit ago and eat a cold chicken tender just to not get sick from my migraine meds sitting on my stomach...

Your breakfast JoAnn sounds good, when I get down where I want to be, I will add in some cheese, I know before cheese really made me stall, I LOVE it and I think I over-did it,....Thats once again why I am an all or nothing kind of gal....whole bag of chocolate or none..lol..

have a great day all.....
Closed Thread