Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#61   ^
Old Wed, Sep-18-13, 05:56

Plan: One meal a day CAD style!
Stats: 235/212/140 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 24%

Yes, I need to up my protein for breakfast/RM also.

MIW
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Fri, Sep-20-13, 11:04

BF:

Yesterday was a one meal only day done early and not as much food as I normally eat and I was fine all day! I am trying to eat a bit earlier in the day to see if that will make the weight come off a bit faster.

Today:

Large salad with blue cheese dsg
Large ribeye steak
One piece microwave pizza
1 apple fritter and 2 cups ice cream

MIW
  #63   ^
Old Sun, Sep-29-13, 11:12

BF:

Week 43- 215.4 215 215.8 X X 214.2 214.2 (214.92) -0.59

Week 44- 212.6 213.4 213.2 214 215 X 215.8 (214) -0.92

Week 45- 215 215.2 X 213.2 213.2 214 214.8 (214.23) +0.23

Week 46- X 214.4 215 216.6 217.8 216.4 214.2 (215.73) +1.50

Week 47- 215.2 216 X X 215.8 214.6 214.6 (215.24) -0.49

Week 48- 213.6 214 215.4 213.2 213.2 215 214.2 (214.09) -1.33

MIW
  #64   ^
Old Sun, Sep-29-13, 12:25

Plan: CALP
Stats: 176/137/130 Female 5'1
BF:No idea
Progress: 85%

I have about 3-4 cups of black coffee every morning. Five days ago I decided to try a cup of bullet-proof coffee (although I use coconut oil not MCT oil) with 1T each butter and coconut oil blended until frothy. I was on a mini-plateau and I think it got things moving again! Both figuratively and literally, lol -- on today's walk we were 2 miles from home when I really needed to poo BADLY (tmi, sorry!) and thank goodness we were only a few minutes from a park with a bathroom. I totally blame the coconut oil, I cook with it but on an empty stomach with coffee, it may take some getting used to!

Except for this addition of fat in the morning, I am still only eating once a day. I also haven't been getting hungry until 1:30 or 2 as opposed to noon. I want to eventually have my one meal at dinner time with the family, but I think that is a maintenance goal and I'll probably add a CS between 11-1 at that time. But loving the once a day meal right now!
  #65   ^
Old Mon, Sep-30-13, 11:10

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy711
I have about 3-4 cups of black coffee every morning. Five days ago I decided to try a cup of bullet-proof coffee (although I use coconut oil not MCT oil) with 1T each butter and coconut oil blended until frothy. I was on a mini-plateau and I think it got things moving again! Both figuratively and literally, lol -- on today's walk we were 2 miles from home when I really needed to poo BADLY (tmi, sorry!) and thank goodness we were only a few minutes from a park with a bathroom. I totally blame the coconut oil, I cook with it but on an empty stomach with coffee, it may take some getting used to!

Except for this addition of fat in the morning, I am still only eating once a day. I also haven't been getting hungry until 1:30 or 2 as opposed to noon. I want to eventually have my one meal at dinner time with the family, but I think that is a maintenance goal and I'll probably add a CS between 11-1 at that time. But loving the once a day meal right now!

I have heard coconut oil can do that but I was eating up to 3TBSP a day with my lunch and never noticed a difference. I tend to be on the constipated side of things so I wouldn't mind the "poo" effect! LOL Luckily I eat so many veggies I am for the most part normal anyways. Just stick with it and be scientific about it. If you are slowly losing then I would count it as a success. If you keep plateau or gaining then you will have to change something. I can't drink even black decaf outstide of my carb hour or I gain!

MIW
  #66   ^
Old Mon, Sep-30-13, 19:14

Plan: The Stress Eating Cure
Stats: 239.2/225/160 Female 5'6"
BF:48%/45%/33%
Progress: 18%

That's so interesting how caffeine (or some other component of coffee) can really affect weight loss. I've been coffee & caffeine -free for over a week now and I wonder if that's what made the difference in getting some lbs off this past week. However, I did make a cup of coffee today using a 2nd brew of the grounds my husband used this morning, lol. My friend loves her coffee like that so I thought I'd try it too. I wonder how much caffeine is left when you brew the coffee grounds again?
  #67   ^
Old Mon, Sep-30-13, 21:16

BF:

Today's BB RM for me was 9:30-10:30am:

Large cheese quesidilla with sour cream, salasa, and lettuce rolled up
1 large ribeye steak
large fruit smoothie with banana, grapes, apple, pear
1 large Iced caramel mocha with half & half
fun size twix, snickers, kit-kats

MIW
  #68   ^
Old Mon, Sep-30-13, 21:18

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blenders
That's so interesting how caffeine (or some other component of coffee) can really affect weight loss. I've been coffee & caffeine -free for over a week now and I wonder if that's what made the difference in getting some lbs off this past week. However, I did make a cup of coffee today using a 2nd brew of the grounds my husband used this morning, lol. My friend loves her coffee like that so I thought I'd try it too. I wonder how much caffeine is left when you brew the coffee grounds again?

Everyone is different. That is why I am not a "purist" now when it comes to ANY diet nor do I get too hung up on the "rules." I try to follow to the T and found out the coffee rule for CAD/CALP was causing me a plateau and when I cut it out I started losing again and when I added it back (the iced decaf BLACK coffees even consumed those in 15 minutes) I gained 2 pounds that week!

So.... I do not do coffee period outside of my carb hour. Other people have great success so I am not knocking it. I just bring it up when people talk about it to keep in mind it "could" affect their results.

MIW
  #69   ^
Old Tue, Oct-01-13, 08:46

BF:

Ok everyone, today is MAJOR bragging rights day for me.

Today I am 211.8 lbs. That is my lowest weight in over 7 years. I also rechecked my measurements and lost another 1/2 inch off my waist and hips and 1/4 inch off my thighs.

The last time I weighed this much was my first year on the dog sledding trails in Canada. I have done WW, Zone, JC, juicing, whole foods, the pH diet (eating more alkaline foods) all in that time frame and the lowest I got with that was 213-217. I can say I finally busted through that several month long plateau. I kind of figured my body had that weight range as a "set point" because that had been my lowest weight in the last few years. I expect to see "set points" at 200, 195, and 180 because those are other milestone weights I had got to in the last 15 years and was able to stay at for over a year or more and I do think the body has a memory on those things.

I have recently switched my RM early morning. I still do one meal only most days, and try to have a CM snack (if I need it) before 3pm. This is based off of The Big Breakfast Diet that the Heller's recommended in their The Stress Eating Cure book. However, I still follow CAD/CALP rules and stick to one hour, "aim" for balance. I do eat my entire day's calories (usually) in my one RM, so we are talking 1800-2600 calories most days with 100-300gms carbs. I do not think of myself as a binge eater but I do know this is MUCH different than how I ate for my entire life leading up to this point and probably way more food in one sitting than a lot of other folks. But, I want to share my success at doing HIGH CALORIE eating because that is what I set out to prove if it could be done or not and I can see that it CAN be done!

MIW
  #70   ^
Old Tue, Oct-01-13, 09:56

WOW, kicking a$$, MIW!
  #71   ^
Old Wed, Oct-02-13, 07:26

Plan: CALP
Stats: 176/137/130 Female 5'1
BF:No idea
Progress: 85%

Awesome MIW!
  #72   ^
Old Wed, Oct-02-13, 07:52
Lets Do This!

Plan: Atkins/ Gastric Bypass
Stats: 346/218/190 Male 5'11"
BF:All Over!!!
Progress: 82%

I have to say I used to love the intermittent fasting and only doing one meal a day, it worked well for my life style especially when I was very focused. Worst part was life happens and I would get side tracked...uggg... You guys are doing outstanding, keep it up. I just had gastric bypass surgery three weeks ago so my diet has to be different now and there is absolutely now way I can do one meal a day even though I would rather go back to that. The nice part is that most of my food is all protein and my years of low carb living helps me with this journey.

Just wanted to stop in and say hi and everyone is doing great, and one meal a day is a great choice for those who can do it.
  #73   ^
Old Wed, Oct-02-13, 09:10

Welcome to the group, Med!
  #74   ^
Old Wed, Oct-02-13, 17:57

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Med1862
I have to say I used to love the intermittent fasting and only doing one meal a day, it worked well for my life style especially when I was very focused. Worst part was life happens and I would get side tracked...uggg... You guys are doing outstanding, keep it up. I just had gastric bypass surgery three weeks ago so my diet has to be different now and there is absolutely now way I can do one meal a day even though I would rather go back to that. The nice part is that most of my food is all protein and my years of low carb living helps me with this journey.

Just wanted to stop in and say hi and everyone is doing great, and one meal a day is a great choice for those who can do it.

Wishing you the best on your journey! I understand how you cannot eat a large meal in one sitting anymore. Just do what they tell you and you should be fine. My neighbor was one of the few patients I knew who was long-term successfull with her gb surgery because she went to the support group meetings, drank the protein shakes, didn't try to eat too much again. It is possible to restretch your stomach as a nurse I work with had the surgery in the early 1990's and said it didn't take her long to be able to eat whatever she wanted plus she never lost very much weight. Don't be her!!!

MIW
  #75   ^
Old Wed, Oct-02-13, 17:59

BF:

Thanks Ziggy and Blenders! I am so happy that I can see the results so quickly. I knew in the last couple of weeks that my ring was getting so lose and spinning on my finger even though the scale didn't change but I knew something must be happening! I hope eating early like this can deliver because in The Stress Eating Cure book by the Heller's they say there should be NO PLATEAUS by eating carbs in the morning! I am going to test that theory to the limits because they relied heavily on The Big Breakfast Diet study and that doctor had one version of diet that was 3000 calories a day

MIW