Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Canada
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Sep-29-02, 23:22
Registered Member

Plan: Dr. Atkins; Drs. Eades; varied
Stats: 120/113/115
BF:
Progress: 140%
Talking New Atkins products available in Calgary

Just last week, at Community Health Foods, just off Macleod Trail (61st Avenue S.W.) my husband and me found Atkins bread and pancake mix. This is a first. We go there to buy organic vegetables and soy protein and the occasional 'Low Carb Chocolate bars'! (for me) from Vancouver. They have run out, but I suspect they will be stocking up some more. We also buy our supplements there and find the staff really informed! This is not a plug for their store but I am relieved to find a store relatively close to me where I can talk about low carbing without staff looking at me with disdain!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Oct-02-02, 21:49

Plan: general low carb eating
Stats: 150/144/125 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 24%

Was the Atkins bread and pancake mix expensive? I saw the Atkins baking mix at the Community Helath store on 10th Avenue and it was $18.99 for the container. I thought that was expensive, especially since I have read on this forum that some folks don't like it.

The day I was in there I asked an employee for low-carb products and he didn't have a clue what I was talking about.

I also wanted Ross chocolate bars because I had bought some in B.C. in the summer and loved them. I was told Community Health will not carry them because they have malitol in them and that is not good for them. On the weekend I was in Market Mall in Calgary and stopped into the Morning Sun Health Store to see if they had them and they did!! They were the same price as I paid in B. C. so I bought quite a few to keep on hand. I only eat about a third of a bar at a time to curb my chocalte craving.

Last edited by Jan C : Wed, Oct-02-02 at 21:55.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Oct-02-02, 23:54
Registered Member

Plan: Dr. Atkins; Drs. Eades; varied
Stats: 120/113/115
BF:
Progress: 140%
Default low carb items in calgary

JanC:

Yes, the Atkins Bread and Pancake mix was expensive. It was $18.99 per container, and to tell you the truth, we didn't enjoy it. I can make my own a lot tastier and a lot cheaper!

I don't know what kind of low carb chocolate I bought at Community Health but it was from B.C. and within one week, they no longer carried it. It may be the same kind you speak of with malitol, I don't know. But they don't carry it any longer. Strangely enough they deny they ever carried a low carb chocolate bar!