Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#2401   ^
Old Wed, Aug-23-17, 03:05

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning All!

Sue....nice to meet you! It's not that I don't like to play golf in the Fall..I do! I have a couple vacations coming up that will take me away from the course for a bit. I'm sure I will get back out there in October, and maybe even November. Like you, I feel like I should be a better golfer with all the time I spend at it!

Such interesting discussions here! I love that we can all do things our own way and be supported in whatever we do.

Blue...loved your tomato poem! I love them too, although I've never gone out in the garden with the salt shaker. We grow a few plants beside out house that keeps me full of tomatoes in the summer. I have a few sitting on my counter right now waiting for me. It was a good year for them! Bumper crop.

Off I go to boot camp. I was/am so sore from Monday's session. Every time I swung the golf club yesterday I grimaced. Shoulders sore, hips/legs sore...ouch! What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, right?

Trig...you asked about greens fees at the golf course. I am a member of the course, so I don't pay greens fees. I pay around $1,000 in membership dues for the year. If I paid as I went, I think it's only around $45 at our course.

DH had a good day on his return to teaching. He's been retired for nearly 5 years, so it was a different day for him. He does it again on Thursday and maybe Friday. The instructor who had surgery is due to return next week. It's a short gig, but he is enjoying it.

Ok...time for me to fly. Have a good day!
Sponsored Links
  #2402   ^
Old Wed, Aug-23-17, 04:41

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Hey it is all good guys. Thing is to 'truly explain' zero carb and why I do it is just so friggin' exhausting You have to believe the science here and I researched it ALL and I am content in my choices It is that I don't want to open that can of worms cause it becomes a debate on good food vs bad food for our bodies and I don't want to go there LOL

I remember the old days when we would 'lc fight' thru threads about how much fat to eat, how much dairy to eat, to do this or that HAHA....remember the old forum and the fur flying some days LOL I never want to go there again
  #2403   ^
Old Wed, Aug-23-17, 04:43

BF:

Lori, oh that isn't too bad. Green fees around here are like $75.
Some smaller courses are like 55 I think....but it has been a while, he hasn't golfed much due to his back. 1,000 for membership is not bad either, I think our local is like $3K so you are doing good on that!

quickie here guys
off to the mall now for clothes today
fab day all
  #2404   ^
Old Wed, Aug-23-17, 04:45

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Good Morning!

Blue- What a lovely poem and tribute to your mom. I know you all had some issues- as we daughter mother relationships do. But I love that you are able to see the very best she had to offer you! She sounded like a woman ahead of her time.

It is interesting to think about the women that have made impacts in our lives. I have had the pleasure of many women. As you all know I didn't grow up with my mom in my life. So other beautiful women stepped in - some for just a season at just the right time. Others have been there for a long time.
I have written about my grandmother - she was indeed of of those women.
Much maybe like your mother Blue- she was ahead of her time.
It is interesting to think about what memories we will leave our kids or those around us!
I like the bumper sticker I have read: Well behaved women rarely make history! - LOVE THAT.

Blue- still on you- I agree with you about FAT. I think that maybe- I need a little more, less veggies. More simple.
How is work going? Any thoughts about possible more marketing ideas?

Leeann- I love the fact that we can nudge each other for the best. We all want to the best for each other. It is nice to get perspective from others.
Well - you will be in full swing of school and activities and homework, and all the stuff that goes with fall!

Feel free- to hop on the REBOOT train! I'm on it!

Trig- yup- too late, looks like we all read the post- and my response. However I liked what you wrote. I love your passion to your ZERO. I love the the word BLUE said. Minimalist - but that seems to sum up the transition to your entire life. Less is more for you.
I tend to lean more your way. Less is less to worry over, dust, eat, move, it just all applies. I love the KISS - Keep it simple silly.

WHAT KIND OF MAKEUP did you buy??????? OMG- I thought I was the makeup DIVA. I swear by Bare Minerals- from Sephora. When I was younger I could wear anything- but as I have aged- I can't.

Somebody turned me onto to the Minerals - and it just took to my face. I break out with anything else. But even that is not cheap. One eye shadow is 14 bucks for 1 color. BUT - it lasts a long time. And it's pure!
Awesome that you let the kiddo bloom into what she will become as a young lady! So this is her last "summer" weekend. Will it be a pool weekend?

KMOM- So I guess I am a little confused about your post. So your heart IS behaving? But the doctors are talking about an ablation? I hope you just go forward and heal everyday!
Water is sucking for me right now- yesterday 3/5

So glad to hear your CapD strong! - Keep it going!!!!!!

Lori- I just can't believe we are wrapping up the summer and golf season. Do you not play in the fall? I would think that would be a beautiful time of year.
Any trips on the horizon? Any more thoughts regarding the part time gig?
---------------------------------------
All-
Reboot day 4- and have lost 4/7- and still working on it. What a WOE nightmare. But it was a learning lesson for me.

Last night was simple- Just chicken breast and steamed kale 1/2 cup. I cut up the chicken and dropped in some chili paste to give it some kick. It was good- and juicy.
Was thinking about MEME- "fried chicken" tonight. Or crab legs- I have been really wanting some crab.
Back to basic.
My eating window hasn't changed. So all is back to humming along!

Ok all- 100% today- that is as far as I go! Just today!
  #2405   ^
Old Wed, Aug-23-17, 13:43

Plan: 20 net carbs
Stats: 250/210/175 Female 5 feet 8 inches
BF:
Progress:

Hi all! Beautiful day here. The air is starting to feel a little "crisp" outside, which means fall is just around the corner. Love this weather!

Nic: I have a burning question! Did DS15 ever finish his book that was due for school? I know he had a ton of pages to read that last week. Your comment about "I am glad you have a plan for your sweetheart" took me back for a few moments. What? My sweetheart? Then I realized it said sweet heart.

Jaz: Cool that you have lost four of the seven pounds. I am sorry if my post was a little confusing about my heart. The PLAN is to stay on the meds and see if they can keep my heart in normal sinus rhythm. If they can, then in about four months, we will try to decrease the meds. Losing weight is going to make a big difference in all of this. I can't believe all the research there is on this issue. The Ablation for now is in our back pocket.

Blue: Love the tomato poem. I could picture you doing that. I could see the tomato exploding in your mouth! Cracked me up when I read that your mom streaked your hair when you were a teen. I smiled because my mom bleached mine blonde! I think she used peroxide! May continue with Ozark. Good to know the major violence is out of the way. Will expect small amounts in the future.

Trig: Wondering how your daughter did trying on the clothes. I know that is NOT one of her favorite things to do. Hope she got some that she likes! Can you share a little about the cleansing treatment she is using. Also, what do you use? I am so basic in this area. They always try to sell me a ton of stuff, but never know if I truly need it.

Lori: Wow, your hubby returned to teacher after five years of retirement! I can see where he would be a little nervous, even if it is only for one week. Can he do more of it? Can he sub if he wanted to?

I am CapD and loving it. I have a nice ribeye for dinner. For lunch I had a stir fry with lc veggies, chicken and cauli rice! Don't miss the white rice one bit! trying to take it easy and see if that can help my heart stay steady. I don't think it does, but psychologically it seems to help me. Will start walking tomorrow and may start swimming soon.

K-Mom 10x4 Yup - you betcha!
  #2406   ^
Old Wed, Aug-23-17, 13:47

Plan: 20 net carbs
Stats: 250/210/175 Female 5 feet 8 inches
BF:
Progress:

Water Hounds

Wednesday: Jaz 3/5, KMom 6/5

Blue, jump on when you want or take some time off if that is what you want to do.

Jaz - try to get your water in today! That is my "hounding" part of this job!
  #2407   ^
Old Wed, Aug-23-17, 17:03

BF:

2/5- Will try one more glass -
  #2408   ^
Old Wed, Aug-23-17, 18:22

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

my pals!

K-mom---I did NOT MISS IT! You're back to 10X4!!!!! This is BIG. Yippeeeee, Yay and job well done. Whatever you're doing that got you there, keep doing it!

Don't you feel great and proud of your efforts? I sure hope so, because we all know so easily, for everyone else, how hard this battle can be, and how much we love to celebrate every one else's victories. But, we darn need to give OURSELVES a hug when we've achieved another milestone. Pffffffffttttttt, doesn't matter if we've done it before. What matters is that we chase it right back to happening again. You've done that. Bravo.

And yes, I DO think Ozark is worth giving more of a chance to. If I crossed off every series from my list that includes some violence, there would be a whole lot less to watch and I would have missed some really good series. Life is full of ALL KINDS of stories. I want to read/see as many of them I can that suit my curiosity to live outside the one blessed life I've been given. What we all want outside of our own bubbles, is a decision unique to all of us.

Jaz---You are circling around to your truth. And I think not just about the woe, but in other ways as well. Every single moment of breathing is a process and one that is ever changing...or else you've given up.

Now, I know you haven't given up. I know you're a fighter. So, no matter the ups and downs, I have great faith in you, and your ability to fight back. 4 pounds down! YAY. You're back on track, none the less for your experimenting.
It ALL adds in, and eventually leads us to where we need to be.

Trigger---All is cool, right? You're doing your thing and doing it so darn well. And we've all seen that from you here for a long time. You put your stake in the ground to what answered to your needs, and you have lived it and succeeded at it. Another Bravo.

Lori---SO cool for your hubby to have this chance to re-visit what he used to do. Sounds like he's enjoying it. Man, I SO WISH, that there was a group like say, the Peace Corps, only the Senior Corps. We, the more senior STILL have so much to give. Some of that can be volunteer, but other parts should be paid for. We don't listen to our older people in this culture, and we don't value their experience enough. And frankly, I'm a talking about those over 50---so far, STILL, from an end to everything they have to offer.

Nic---So, tomorrow. Taking a deep breath for you and you are on my mind. Good luck pal, it's a hard deal. He'll be tearful too, you betcha, but he is the one going forward to something he must answer to, and is inevitable at his age. You are left with a bit of an absence, and if my experience means anything, it will haunt for awhile. But not long. He will find a way to include you in his life away, and pretty soon that will be the new normal. He'll be happy and growing, and you'll be standing back and letting him do it, WHILE finding some more time for what YOU want to be be and do as your birdies fly off.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am on plan again today. And now with every day, I try to make a few improvements.

I just don't give a crap about the scale at this point, I don't need it to tell me what I can feel, for the better and the worse. After so many years of weighing myself, I feel free of that for now. I will get on that dang thing every now and then, but no need for me to say when or how often for now.

Because frankly, this is a really tough time for me, and what I need to do is do my best, every day, when it comes to my woe. Ive seen the way the scale sizes up our efforts. Often not encouraging. So with everything goin' on for me, I can leave the scale behind for a bit. Like I said, I think I can FEEL my way into what's right for me. Sure DON'T feel great when I let my woe go.

Happy to say my determination to NOT gain all that weight back, or even half of it, is serving me very well, even in these more challenging times. I'm on it, gals!

Last edited by Blue52 : Wed, Aug-23-17 at 18:41.
  #2409   ^
Old Wed, Aug-23-17, 19:00

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Blue. Oh, that poem. Just beautiful. I absolutely loved it. (and yes, tomatoes with salt- YES- that and watermelon and cantaloupe too!)
You sound determined to be back on plan and not only do you sound it, you are doing it too. Well done, girlie! And yep, no need to be hopping on that scale too often. Your clothes tell the tale.

Hi Suemi!

Lori- Glad your DH is enjoying his teaching. How fun that he gets to dip his toes in for a few days like that.

Trig- Hope the clothes shopping went well for you and the kid today!

Jaz- Four out of Seven down already! That is really, really good. Well done!

KMOM- Such the teacher and mom, remembering that DS15 has a book still outstanding to read. I am super pleased to report that he has STARTED it, which is celebratory in and of itself. I would like him to have it finished by 8/29, which is when they go on their high school retreat, but I am also determined to TRY to stick with my guns of having him be more responsible for himself school wise. He has started it and the accompanying packet he has to fill out about it (this is his first AP class) and that is all I can say about that!

BUT! KMom! Congrats on your ten down!! very happy for you!!! Hard fought and earned!

•••••

Great CASA visit at the daycare today. The Infants and Toddlers therapist was there and we are buds now, so I got to tell her the recent progress I have seen with CASA Baby, and then she saw some of it too, and she was thrilled! CASA baby is doing really well suddenly, making some leaps and bounds with her expressive and receptive language. Also doing well socially and with some of her self help skills as well. It is really exciting to see.

After that I spent some time getting DS18 ready to go- he has been doing some packing up and room cleaning-out, and I washed all the bedding and put it into space saver bags for the drive, wrote out laundry directions, wrote out "I feel..." directions for his little collection of OTC meds (things like pepto, advil, etc)

Then tonight we went out for our last family dinner for a while- he picked Buffalo Wild Wings and then a Korean spot for dessert. It was a really nice time. DS15 is vacillating between being sweet and being annoying, which is exactly the way little brothers express themselves.

We plan to hit the road around 8-ish tomorrow morning, give or take, depending on whether things get packed up tonight or in the morning. We'll get him moved in, and his room set up, then show DS15 around the campus and grab lunch, then off we will go. Tears twice today, but I'm doing well. Better to cry here and there and hopefully prevent a full scale meltdown tomorrow. But if it happens, it happens.
  #2410   ^
Old Wed, Aug-23-17, 22:23

BF:
Progress:

Nic---You are one hearty gal, so I don't know what to expect for you tomorrow.

I'm glad you've already spent some tears. I BELIEVE in tears! They have their place in the give and take of who we are as humans. As I've grown older tears have been harder to come by, so when they roll down my cheeks these days, I have learned to welcome them. Such a release!

You will be in my heart and thoughts tomorrow. It will all be fine in the end, our kids do fly off, and after all, that's what we've tried to prepare them to do. Your son is going to "fly off" just fine, and find his own way as an adult in training.

Still, it's a big darn deal when our birdies fly off, even if that's what we always hoped for them.
  #2411   ^
Old Thu, Aug-24-17, 04:48

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

DH is back to the college today for another day of teaching. He has been established as an Adjunct professor, so if they need someone to step in, all they have to do is call him. He did not pursue the adjunct thing when he first retired as he was forced into retirement due to low enrollment and was a bit bitter about it at first. Time has adjusted his attitude about the whole thing.

Jaz...yes a big trip coming up. 3 weeks from today we get on the big boat and cruise up thru New England & into Canada. It is a 9 day cruise & we have all kinds of tours lined up. We'll be quite busy other than the 2 or 3 at sea days. After days of touring, the sea days are most welcome. Ahhhh......

Speaking of vacation in 3 weeks.....I'd better get busy if I'm going to get rid of another 5 lbs or so before we leave! I need to have a bit of a cushion, as I know I'll be gaining some weight. If I can hold it to 5 lbs or less gain, I'll be happy. We will be quite active and we always use the stairs on the ship instead of the elevators, so that does help. I'm not going to over-stress about it...I plan to enjoy our trip!

Time for me to put on my golf togs and get going. We have a lovely, sunny day on tap. Mid 70's with sun....perfect! It is in the low 50's right now.

Make it a good day!
  #2412   ^
Old Thu, Aug-24-17, 05:03

BF:

Good Morning Gals!

KMOM- 04X- Agreed, whatever you are doing- DON"T STOP! Yeah for you!
I'm also glad you got a plan. Smart people are constantly researching things. By the time you are over the hump with your heart- you will be so well informed!

Leeann- Ahhhhhwwwww- My thoughts will be with you today! You have done GREAT work with DS18! Isn't it so great he is ready to really discover who he is!!!!!!
I know those mom tears- but they are joyous too. We want the best for our kids too!
So fun you all decided where you would go for dinner. - He will be back for Christmas break I am sure!

Blue- You sound so good. Yes you have a lot going on. I am proud of you however that you are not willing to let yourself go during this time. That is just one less thing you will have to deal with.

I love that you are not letting the scale judge you at this time. But your own feelings about how you are doing! I need to do that too!

Trig- Last few days yourself with the kiddo. Did you get her anything to wear yet? Any special plans for this week end?
Do you buy your meat anywhere special?

Lori- How was golfing the last couple days?
--------------------------------------------------------
Ok- that 7 pound experiment is behind me! Sitting at low again- Where I have sat for several months.
Maybe Blue what you are picking up from me is my frustration with lack of loss. To break that wall I keep hitting. It is a mental thing for me.

With the exception of my Vegan Week- I am on track 99.9% of the time. I don't graze, snack, cheat, or eat off the rails.
Yet I hit that stall point. I have been teaching LC- to 2 co-workers. Both are losing like mad!
One of the gals hit -15 yesterday and was showing off her new pants- a size down. The other one is sporting baggy clothes. SIGHHH

then someone else at work ask if I had a business card for counseling to people at her church who are raging diabetics. My frustration is this: Do I want to do that? OMG yes! I want the entire package - the website, blogs, and teaching. But I am feeling that people judge me the same way I questioned that guy Leeann went to see.
"How is she teaching that, when she is not thin and fit?" Honestly that IS stopping me from doing what I want on the side.

I know that at this point I am the one in the way of myself. I teach that too. Sometimes we are the one that needs to get out of the way of ourself.

And on that note! Gotta run
  #2413   ^
Old Thu, Aug-24-17, 05:28

BF:

KM the X4 ...
Keep it rolling you are doing good!

The cleanser she got was the Lancome line. Cleanser, toner, repair, and 1 something extra moisturizer. 4 step, to be used with her hand held spinner brush machine thing...lol yea I forgot what they call that spinning brush thing

HI GUYS
mall useless.
kid got 3 cheap Ts she liked. 1 jacket that was very nice. not heavy, not light but perfect for our Southern winter which is kinda nothing really but we get enough cold to be a royal pain.
She liked nothing, didn't really look hard, all shorts were short/short and no good for school code or the clothes had the 'ripped' holed look and not allowed either. Long day for nothing and after hrs at that place I said lets hit the other line of stores and she said Nope! and she said she don't care one bit, she will wear what she has and done..I said cool with it all whatever.

Tony's mom coming home tomorrow. All good, recovered and in good shape.

Got work to do, busy and not doing it but gotta today. I am getting behind BIG in things and that is not good cause then ya got a stupid mountain to handle on ya and that stinks

OH, edited to say guys, just as some info so ya don't think I was talking about you guys.....when I talked about 'lc fights' and all I was not saying it would be among us I was saying all the readers/lurkers out there, I didn't want to open this thread to the zc debate and good veg vs. all bad veg and all that mess to happen in this thread I know we can always chat good , I just didn't want to have our thread invaded in any way if we decided to go thru the whole chat about it thing......hope that makes sense

great day all
  #2414   ^
Old Thu, Aug-24-17, 14:37

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Well Ladies, he is off and safely ensconced at college!

It was easier to take him than it was to take my daughter as she had such problems with anxiety in the month leading up to departure. I know he is absolutely ready to grow and learn- he will absolutely love it, I feel certain. That just made it so much easier.

I did cry but just as I was leaving him and walking to the car with DH and DS15. I'm sure those won't be last tears shed but overall I did really well AND I wasn't choking the tears down either, I just felt happy for him.

I'll send an email with a couple of wedding dress shopping pics and a couple of pics of DS18 getting situated at school.
  #2415   ^
Old Thu, Aug-24-17, 17:49

BF:
Progress:

Hi all,

Nic---And just like that, your son is on his way to a wonderful time in his life. Happy you felt mostly happy. LOL, I needed wind shield wipers on my eyeballs the day my son left. But then he was headed a long way off and like your daughter, he was nervous himself, his beautiful eyes were so wide and kind of huh? Am I really doing this? It wasn't "see ya mom!" Kid hugged me good bye like I was the only log in the ocean. But now he hugs me w/joy whenever he comes home, and everything turned out fine.

Trigger---So kiddo didn't cost ya much money! That's a good thing, makes up for the make up. She sounds like that kid who is hip w/the hair and face and wants to look good, but more casual and comfy about what she wears. I can see her spending a lot more time at the art supply store!

Jaz---I so get your frustration with hitting that same wall over and over again. As I mentioned I do wonder if you're eating enough fat. Reading up on ZC that was stressed in every single article or testimonial. When you say you're eating a chicken breast for instance, are you eating it skin on? That kind of thing.

Lori---You lucky ducky with those great trips coming up! My SIL just got back from a cruise and said it was really easy to eat healthy and LC for the better part because it was all there, fresh and delicious. Of course the dessert tables are there too. LOL. You'll be fine, sounds like you'll be getting plenty of exercise.

K-mom----Thursday water 5/3 so far and not done. Really had a thirsty day today, for reasons I'll get into below.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I've been adding in more fat in these last 2 days. Had BPC both mornings, and crab legs dipped in plenty of butter last night, plus burgers for lunch.

I used to do this all the time, but realized today I haven't been eating all that much fat, AND, I wasn't used to it. Tummy was uncomfortable at first today, and didn't do the errands I planned as I needed to be real near the bathroom. Think on top of it I might have been a bit constipated going in to this fat-o-rama and just wasn't aware of yet.

Nevertheless, I'm going for it for dinner too. Going to have a cheese burger w/bacon, fried egg on top, AND a dollop of peanut butter. Tummy is better and this sounds good to me. I had forgotten hot sated I get, and how un-hungry I feel after a dose of fat.

Instead of running errands, I spent the day doing some work I need to do---creating new video resume. Aaaaaaarrrrrrrrrgh, self promotion is the hardest. Much easier to do it for others. But I got well into it, which feels good. Want to get to my editor soon and start putting it together, which he is kindly doing for free for me. Although when he sees what I've got planned....heh. But I know he'll do it and bring his amazing skills to it. I need a couple different ones for different areas of work I want to go after, so it will take awhile to get it all done, but NEED to have it in my pocket to go after new work.

Thought that would tucker me out for the day, but it actually energized me. So this afternoon I spent a couple hours going thru all my clothing. We have a huge built in in our son's old bedroom. Tons of shelves and drawers behind doors and takes up half a large wall. It was stuffed to the max.

Got rid of three lawn sized garbage bags of stuff. I was in a brutal get rid of it mood, and I sure did. My cleaning lady was here today, and she has 2 daughters and 4 nieces, so she took all the bags and was so excited about it. There is some pretty cool stuff in those bags, but I went w/the old "if you haven't worn it in the last year, you're not going to." Unbelievable how cleaned out that thing is. I can actually see what I kept to consider wearing it!

Next up, the walk in closet in my son's room. He and I always shared this, as well as the huge wall built in. It isn't huge but it's deep w/lots of shelves. I see at least 3 more big bags from that. And I'm going thru EVERYTHING...belts, purses, shoes, the works.

Taking a room at a time and getting rid of everything I can. Chances are, we will move this spring, and even if we don't, it's high time we lighten our load, big time.

LOL, I've got Trigger in my ear and in my bonnet. Every time I think I need to hold on to something, I hear her. "Nah, pitch it!"

So all in all, one of my more energetic days in the last 3 weeks. Sure has taken me a bit to get my mojo sparked up a bit again, and I'm not all there yet, but I'm putting all my money on my old and always belief---"the motivation is in the process." I just haven't been able to hit the start steps for awhile, and those are the hardest ones.

Thinking of a hopscotch board, and aging myself. But I see myself hoping past that 1,2 and 3 square.
Closed Thread