Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#676   ^
Old Tue, Jan-10-17, 12:02

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Okay...I'll change my word to wishy-washy......that suits me better anyway!
Sponsored Links
  #677   ^
Old Tue, Jan-10-17, 17:35

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori_:)
Okay...I'll change my word to wishy-washy......that suits me better anyway!

nah commitment is better for sure. I get ya cause if you do 80% commit and truly hold that you will be finding yourself a good LC plan to follow that suits you. I sure am wishy washy these days, no doubt about that!!
  #678   ^
Old Tue, Jan-10-17, 18:55

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi all.

Nic---To answer your question, the midriff is that area from below the bust to your waist. The belly goes from there down. Or at least that's how I've always thought of it. Something I've noticed, in many older women, say 50 and up, is that they are like an apple on sticks, thinner legs, hips and butt, but an inter tube midriff ---hello Menopause. This is a health wise a more dangerous place to carry weight.

When I was young, this is the LAST place I gained. Got it in my butt and hips and thighs. Since menopause and LC woe, I don't gain much in those places, it goes to the midriff. One of the ways I evaluate where my weight is at is by looking at my profile in the mirror. Straight on doesn't tell the whole story. Looking at yourself from the side is the rest of that story. Never going to have the midriff I used to, but know it CAN get smaller, as I've done it before on LC. Might not get back there, but even 5 to 7 pounds down would make a difference. Now I just have to figure out how to do that!

Lori---I think you are VERY "committed" to exercise, now more so than ever. This seems to be your 100% commitment, which imo, allows you some leeway in your woe. I've done 'em in my past and bootcamp workouts are no joke! Add 3 miles of walking a day, and yeah, you've got some room in the way you eat.

Trigger---WOWZA, $250 for the software to go w/that thing? Yipes. When is the kiddo's birthday? LOL, maybe that's the time for the software. Still bummer to have to pay so much going in, and then not be able to do a lot w/it till you pay more.

Jaz---I'll be very interested to hear what your word is, and everyone else's if they want to participate. I don't see it as a New Year's"resolution", more like a mantra that reminds you of where you win, AND where you struggle.

I know it has been a long hard road for you on losing, and you have been right in there trying w/all your heart. I may be wrong, time will tell, but I don't think you'll know what a VLC woe can do for you till after your surgery. You were right to note that I said it CAN be done during menopause, which you'll soon be in. BUT, w/out that thing you're carrying around, and incredibly stressful and difficult TOMS, as in multiples a month. We DO miss those hormones, but I never did any of that hormone replacement stuff and still lost well over 50 pounds. Let's see what life is like after your surgery. I have a feeling you've got some good results comin' down the road.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Snowstorm here today, again, and no staying home and cozy. Hit the decks styling today. Tomorrow is a work at home day, then will be out and about working for the rest of the week.

Totally on plan today, and hey, Nic I made your half greek yogurt and half sour cream mix, added 1/4 cup of mashed blackberries, some EZ sweetz and a dash of vanilla. It was SO good. Next up, got a have the bacon too. Can see why this would be such a good combo.

Had about 1/2 a cup then froze the rest. When I came back at it, it was hard as a rock, but put it into the microwave for 15 seconds, and it turned into a yummy slushy kind of thing. Going to experiment with more flavors, like cocoa and caramel (no sugar Toriani), with some roasted slivered almonds.

Tonight it's breakfast for dinner again. Hubby is gone, and I love having the kitchen to myself for a night. Making LC huevos ranchero w/one mama lupe's LC tortilla, two sunny side up eggs, tomatilla sauce, and my new thing---grated Manchengo cheese, which is the Mexican way to make it. And, bacon.

I will come in under 20 carbs today. Yay.
  #679   ^
Old Tue, Jan-10-17, 19:02

BF:
Progress:

Also Nic---will you be checking in from Charleston? Hope so, but understand it can be hard. Just love hearing about people's trips as they're happening.

But if that doesn't work, have a great time and will miss you, and look forward to hearing about it when you get back. Right away when you get back.
  #680   ^
Old Tue, Jan-10-17, 19:42

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

DARN- lost a post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DARN is not the words I used.

Ok- paraphrasing at this point after writing a book.

LORI- stop that right now- committed is your word. Nobody can be 100%. But you are still doing it girl- no negative talk to self- just not ok. You have motivated an entire thread and people around you to be better!

Blue- LOVE you post as always- dear to my heart. I want to be like you when I grow up.....hehehehehe I may not ever get there..... still wild gypsy in spirit still hanging around.

OK I GOT MY WORD- I have given this some real thought.
For those that don't know me- a quick backdrop-
I have struggled, scratched, and cried and never given up to get to where I am right now. In the last year I have moved 2 times, had 2 jobs, 1 promotion, and lost a grandbaby, suffered unreal fibroids- and all that, family drama, more family drama, and about to under go surgery. Have I left anything out?

So my word is :::::::::: THRIVE- I want to just not be healthy- I want to THRIVE, I don't just want to catch up on bills, I want to THRIVE, I don't want to be ok in my relationships- I want to THRIVE!!!!!MY word.
It mean takes it to the NEXT level above. Better than better! It's my year. Last year has been marked with tears, change- and steadfast in my LC with a stall and can't control- about to change that.
I want to SOAR actually - my year! Is that selfish? I don't think so- if we don't want that for our self and give that to our self no one else can. My wings are ready- I am standing on the edge- waiting for the final health thing to be done- so I can.
fly!

I posted to each of you- and irked it's gone. I need to get back with my DD- she is really sick- possible kidney stone- goodness she has had her share too. I hate not being able to FIX it. Just give telephone advice. Just in case it's flu I can't go right now. I feel so bad. Thankfully SIL- is a great guy and will do right by her. But we are talking in between her tossing her guts. sighhhhhhhhhhh

I think a glass of wine has my name on it now-
out!!!!!!
  #681   ^
Old Tue, Jan-10-17, 20:00

BF:

ok- re- read my post- is SIL ? Sister in law/ Son in law?????? WHAT EVER!!!!!!!!!!!
I remember my grandmother on her really old type writer- backing up a tube- putting white out tape in the space- and retyping a key that came up and hit the tube. Blue- bet you know what I am saying- that typewriter would be worth mint now! each key had a arm that flipped up to make a stroke.

I even remember that she had an old phone that I could pick up a phone and dial 0 an operator would answer- AND AND know who you were!!!!!! the phone was a dial- like you pushed the round holes from zero

Wow- didn't know where that came from- . I got on the elevator on my way home from work. 2 gals got on with me. Neither looked up- both were doing something on their phones. wow- my grandmother would turn corners in her grave. Serious. Hard to believe people can stand 1 foot of each other and never look up.

Ok gotta call the kid- hope she is done puking.
THRIVE- all good
  #682   ^
Old Tue, Jan-10-17, 20:03

BF:
Progress:

Jaz---"Thrive." Just perfect for you. LOVE it. And you deserve that, so put away any thoughts of "selfishness." NOT. We owe it to everyone who loves us and wishes well for us to "thrive."

Sorry to hear about your daughter. Hope it's just the flu, nasty as that can be. Kidney stones are so darn painful they pretty much announce themselves as something that needs immediate care, so fingers crossed this isn't happening to her. You're right, she's had her share.

And, BTW, LOL, what make you think I feel "grown up?" I think we all wrangle with who we are, no matter how old we are, the better and the worse. And to borrow
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OMG gals, just finished eating my dinner. Gotta say, I can cook! A little. My sunny side ups were perfect. Boy oh boy, that was delicious, and just 7 net carbs, including the LC tortilla, OR, if you want to talk whole carbs, about 12. Felt like it was a treat night, but it wasn't at all. Love getting the energy back under my wings to make GOOD LC meals that leave me SO satisfied.
  #683   ^
Old Tue, Jan-10-17, 20:07

BF:
Progress:

haha, re-read my post after I submitted, as I always do, and I'll be darn if I can remember where I was going with "And to borrow…" Sometimes if I can't complete a thought, I leave it there, to come back to. Well, this time it just stays there. LOL.
  #684   ^
Old Tue, Jan-10-17, 20:07

BF:

I may change my word to SOAR! ..... TBA...... OK done for now. keep thinking of things to add since my book gone. Both actually are so similar- kinda liken SOAR- to rise above even thrive- both are awesome . Both means to rise above.
  #685   ^
Old Tue, Jan-10-17, 20:09

BF:

Gosh Blue love the back and forth
  #686   ^
Old Wed, Jan-11-17, 05:18

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Well....Miss Committed here did not walk yesterday! We had a rough boot camp session and my hips and legs just ached SO badly that I decided to listen to my body and give it a break. I am, however, committed to doing 5 miles today! You heard it here folks! I'm going to do 2 miles on the treadmill this morning, then I go get my hair done and run some errands. This afternoon it is supposed to get up into the 40's....I'm heading outside for 3 miles. YAY! Hard to believe this afternoon is going to get that nice as everything is encased in ice this morning! Yikes!

Jaz...hope your daughter is ok. What an ordeal! I love both of your words....Thrive & Soar....they are both terrific words for the coming year.

Time for more coffee........talk to you later!
  #687   ^
Old Wed, Jan-11-17, 05:18

BF:

You know I am a chatty thing when I am the last on and the first on. Is that chatty or no life right now????

Leeann- I bet you are chomping at the bit to pack the car and go. It appears that you will have a beautiful week end! Should close to 70 I heard.

Blue- I have picked "THRIVE" as my word. I love it- thanks for putting that out there. I love that you "haven't grown up either"!! I hope to always have a child like wonder- .
You had more snow huh? I will say we have missed our short window to get any- over. I am now looking for spring.

Trig- I am feeling very KETO this morning. Do you have that feeling too? That you can just tell. I don't know how to describe it other than I just know.

Lori- was thinking about you last night. It is completely normal for you to have a angst about you. You are in transition right now. You will settle into something- a routine and love it I am very sure. You have a lot of years to do whatever you want to do next. We are roughly the same age. I bet you are in great shape too. You have to be with as active as you are. Remember the story how last summer you left those young things in the dust to wilt - while you finished the game!

Kmom- what did you say was your word?

Alene- you are doing so well. Sounds like you are finding a lifestyle that works for you.
--------------------------------------------------
Wow- don't feel like I have been to bed yet. Yet we are into a new day. I SOOOOO wanted to call in today. I am exhausted . I've been on the phone on and off all night with my DD. I finally told her she needed to go to the ER about 3am. I am waiting for an update. I feel pretty sure she have a stone.

Boy my kids have had a time of it the last couple months. I wanted them to THRIVE too. I think being a mom is the hardest job in the world. They never stop being your kid no matter how old they get. My DS laughs when I say "the kids are coming over" - then he asked me is he was a kid. Of course!

I am again at low- I love the keto feel. It feels like a fat burning machine. I love it. I want to push past my stall. But I know good things come to those that wait! I am doing my part. I refuse to say f.... it. I know after my hormones settle- the weight will come off. I am concerned what you said Blue about menopause and weight. You did say you did it! That is what I want to focus on.

Ok all- let the chatting commence!
  #688   ^
Old Wed, Jan-11-17, 06:50

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Great posts on the board. Chatty definitely and I love that from all of you guys!!

Well Miss Commitment here didn't do the 3 miles yesterday either LOL

Yes I am doing more today.....but Blue mentioned Leslie Sansone tapes for walking. I always did the 3 mile tape so I will do that today, plus walk the dog and tomorrow will add some more miles and will be caught up on the number. Gosh one thing I know you can't let it slip by cause it will add up too fast and I will never catch.

I got my word finally. CapD! I picked that cause if I don't have CapD in my life this year won't roll well. I need CapD to the extreme to hold this lifestyle. Each day I will write a little CapD to myself. Tell it like it is and what it takes for me.

Jaz so sorry on your DD. Yes ER if needed cause if a stone those things are horrible. After the surgery you will thrive for sure. Coming soon, we will be thinking of you to recover fast!!

I know that keto feeling you are describing. It is wonderful. There is nothing like it at all. The body gives us that great healthy controlled feeling, then it is up to use to make the right choices in our brains at all times. Follow what the body says , not the brain when it comes to wanting other foods LOL

Lori, encased in ice. oh wow I hate that kind of weather. our trees snap so fast in that type of ice. Bootcamp nailed ya, having freezing temps don't help the body recover either

Nicco, Charleston, wow, just put me down as jealous now

Blue you sound in fine form!!

Alene cool write up on that guy. Interesting to see what goes down.

HI TO ALL
Tired again. bed at 2am, up at 7. Kiddo has 2 hr delay for school so leaving at 9. Not sleeping well which is never good, throws me off.

Not sure what I am doing today but after kiddo leaves will do 3 mile walk tape....then rest of day is crapshoot on what I want to do. In that mood of being a slug and doing nothing! Winter has grabbed me, I am not perky at all

CapD: My choice to succeed or fail on every given day.

Moving slow, feel blah, just existing kinda Defrost pork chops and small salad for dinner and tuna or eggs/bacon, whatever hits me later.

Everyone have a fine day!
  #689   ^
Old Wed, Jan-11-17, 08:51
Registered Member

Plan: CALP
Stats: 170/169/145 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 4%

Good morning all. I don't have time for personals but loved to read it all! I will work on my word for the year. Monday night and Tuesday I went into the rabbit hole with my eating. It felt terrible. I was clearly reminded why I can never go back to that chaotic way of living and being. When your food is off your whole life is off balance. Yesterday was a strong day, and I am determined to make this another one. Back in control and happy. Yesterday I had that keto feeling y'all were just describing. Clear headed, happy. I want that for life, and that is what I'm going to do, come hell or high water. I have gotten myself into that groove fairly well, and the longer I continue the more it will feel, and will be, just the way I live and eat.

I have been feeling like a have way too many good things on my plate, which is a good thing in a way, but now has become a bit overwhelming. Trying to fit my class, yoga, my LC meetup, keeping up with friends and family, and now enter Mr. M. My son is leaving for Korea Feb 3rd and I want to spend as much time as possible with him. I signed up for the yoga and feel like I need to get my money's worth. But my regular morning workouts have been decreased as I don't always know if I'm going to yoga in the PM, so I might skip the morning workout, thinking I'll get it in in the PM, and then don't. I have been so consistent and really love that morning exercise time at home. But yoga is a great feeling and I love working my core like I do in class. I just don't have enough days and hours in the week for everything! Maybe you all can shed some light and clarity for me in the best way to handle all these good things. I think I'm just in the middle of it and can't see the forest for the trees.

Plans shaping up for the weekend snow shoeing. I need to get some more gear so I am outfitted properly and warm enough. He's bringing macadamia nuts and smoked salmon for us since we'll be out for a while. It's great being with someone who eats the same way as me!

I hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday, and Nic, I hope you have an amazing time in Charleston! I can't wait to hear about it.
  #690   ^
Old Wed, Jan-11-17, 18:53

BF:

Gals- this is one dragging chic------ Omg my eyes are stinging they want to close so bad......
I had so much on the to do list. As stated in prior post- no sleep- DD issues. Turns out it is a cyst on her ovary. She has follow up with a gyn tomorrow to talk about it.

I love the chatter too- lively bunch we are. I am with you- I have Charleston envy right now- I have been there so much I can see it....... man oh man....

Alene- I have rewritten to you several things and I have erased them as they sounded well ummmm harsh. But the bottom line is ya gotta want it enough to pony up and do it. Whatever way that is - it has to work. on off on off on off means you may not be ready??? Just asking in LOVE- if you aren't willing to do it for you..... This is not a preach... as said have re done your section- just want you to save yourself a world of frustration of up and down. It does work! But it takes work- nothing is free.

Lori- Speaking of work..... again I hang head and confess. In defense I have been up now for almost 36-38 hours no sleep- zombie walking- guess the 3 k to catch up. How are you doing!!!

Blue- trade ya jobs. Remember that movie long ago where the mom and daughter traded lives for a day. With Jodie Foster.... I think it would be a hoot. Not that I think your mom ... but the concept to trade places even for a day and walk in someone's shoes. I may love yours and not come back. Although I don't like your cold.... heheeheh
-------------------------

I am so tired I truly am zombie walking- but if I go to bed at 7 I will be up at 2- or 3. tomorrow is a big day. My eyes are watering, up so long- brain dead- I am bordering slap happy stupid. hahaha

Trig- you made mention that soon you all would be wishing me speedy recovery- wow that was like cold water in the face. No offence on your part- but you are right so close and I have been shutting that down. It is so off the wall thinking about the details of that I just shut down. The though of a cold gurney, cold room, nothing on, intubated.... I just need to stop. I know it's so close I need to focus on other side of it. ya know SPRING........ Flat tummy, health, all that.... hey one of you send me some big girl britches- mine aren't big enough to handle this one! My mom is threatening to pull me by the hair to the hospital - she would too- no joke. HA
Please I was just venting don't want more discussion till I want it. Then I want it all at once .... to absorb your energy to go for it....was rambling

I am still KETO- loving it. I helped put together a lot of policy with my manager in the last few weeks- it will be presented tomorrow- big day for me. To show what I got- I have to be in the game. Right now I could curl under most cozy rock.

counseled a gal today privately about her eating disorder. binger big time. Ya know what's odd about that- I am BIGGER than she- but yet she listens to me talk all the time about health and good eating and what not. She has been watching me eat. They all have. Funny how so personal food is. That is such a book- personal food.
So when I write it you all will get a auto graph copy! Ok I am really slap stick and need to hang it up for tonight !!!!!!!

To all that read above- rambling of tired lady.
Closed Thread