Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#766   ^
Old Sun, Jan-22-17, 15:11

Plan: 20 net carbs
Stats: 250/210/175 Female 5 feet 8 inches
BF:
Progress:

Water Hounds!
Sorry I did not get this set-up in time to start today. We will star tomorrow. Please let me know what your bottom number will be and what it will represent. Mine will be a 5.
Looking forward to being accountable for my water intake.

Remember this is one week on and one week off as far as daily accountability. Oh for sure, we need to drink the water the off week too, but we will only give a general report at the end of that week.

K-Mom 10x3
Sponsored Links
  #767   ^
Old Sun, Jan-22-17, 15:30

BF:
Progress:

Happy Sunday, everyone!

Blue: Hope you had a grand vacation. I think you had some mighty fine weather!

Alene: I love the fact that you are dating guy that eats like you do! And the fact that you are losing too! Fun to hear the stories about this relationship blossoming and growing deeper.

Nic: Thanks for the directions for making the wings. I think I will try them. I also need to remember that I can order from Buffalo Wild Wings. I remember Blue used to do that.

Jaz: Sorry about the crockpot situation! What a pain. And I loved the story about the paramedic. Cracked me up.

Lori: So I see you posted that your BIL was there this morning, so I assume that meant he slept the night. Did he "prowl?" Man, I would have a hard time falling asleep every time he got up!

Trig: You wake me up every morning at 3:06! Seriously! I get an email from this site that is also from you and tells how many people has posted. How can I opt out of that. I tried, but it seems I am opting out of the site. Not very techy! So cool that you walk with your daughter!

Me: I am still CapD and it feels great. I am keeping the eating simple and that is working at this time. I may mix it up a little this coming week. I just had my Raspberry Smoothie with frozen raspberries from my garden, HWC, three crushed ice cubes, and some Hansen's Diet Tangerine Lime soda. It is SOOOOOO good!

I sub tomorrow, but as a teacher, so I won't be as physically tired. I really miss teaching and subbing is so perfect because NO PAPERWORK!

Hope everyone has a great week and hoping Jaz, your surgery goes good.

K-Mom 10x3
  #768   ^
Old Sun, Jan-22-17, 20:25

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

K-mom- there is a place in your lap top, phone or whatever device you use. It's under notifications- go there and hit silent. Because you have a alert every time. You gotta make it silent. Under controls/ and or settings. Good luck on the water.

Alene- So I was thinking about you today. And all the guys in the last 7 years I have dated. I don't remember their names. But I do remember their conversations and what they did for a living. SO..... I have dated a teacher, a cop, a paramedic, nurse, 2 engineers, 2 sales guys, a farmer, a banker, a doctor, a manager for a plant, a artist, a ballet dancer, a guy who over sees the nuclear grid (his job was so interesting), a food engineer (he developed tastes for Kraft), another cop, several corporate guys, a truck driver, a therapist (he was a year), and a guy in-between jobs. I always called them all sweetie because I am bad with names. Most were just a one and done. Most were nice, some were pricks, but all were worth an evening.
Take in mind I have been single for the last 7 years. Always on the look out for the next husband!
I have taken a small break from dating in the last2 months- after Cufflinks- I sorta needed a break. I need to focus on the task at hand- then get back in the game- serious.!

I am getting the nervous willys. I have had angst all dam day. I am off all my vitamins, red meat now, going clears, dam kill me now.
Tomorrow is blood draw and pre-op appt. I want to run. But since I have been off motrin now for the last 24 hours I am in pain. I guess I didn't get just how much I am hurting. Because I pop motrin daily to kill the fibroid pain. Without the motrin I feel it just sitting here. Ever present. I guess I had no idea how much it is effecting me. Pain is the norm- I just dealt with it.

I am very emotional- no motrin, no vitamin D, B. Gray and cloudy. Scared. Then I had the thought- OMG- what if they tilt the table and I FALL OFF........ I know....... get a frekin GRIP!
No wine, no food- just soup. And my over reactive head to play the worst. I am the WORST patient in the world.
Trig- you think you are bad- enter JAZ- !

So sorry to suck up this post with all about me. In a funk / Angst/ what to wake up and believe it will just magically disappear. Not real thinking. I know I should be grateful I have insurance, a great doctor, in great hands..... but still dam scary.
Ok JAZ- pulling it together. Digging for the big girl panties......

BREATHES.... AND BREATHES again. I have willed my Bella to my son in case I don't wake up. Stupid right. She is the most precious thing to me right now.

I got flowers from my work- before I left Friday. Dang I have a sweet job. Those ladies are the best. My boss, offered to come sit during my hospital time. I politely told her my mom would be there. So touching! Makes me cry!
Ok Enough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111

Soup today. - will be my menu for few days- I want my WHOOSH .......
Dang I hurt......
Over and out
  #769   ^
Old Mon, Jan-23-17, 04:05

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Oh Jaz...so sorry that your mind is whirling and that you are hurting. Take a deep breath, pull up those panties and soldier on! You will get thru the surgery and be healed and ready to rock in the Spring!

As for me.....I have got to pull up my big girl panties too. NO more treats, eat when hungry but strictly LC. I'm still up that dang 5 lbs of Holiday weight. Sick of it! Kicking myself in the butt big time. 4 weeks from today we'll be boarding a cruise ship and I want this 5 lbs plus a couple more gone!

DH & I went out for a 3.5 mile walk yesterday. Today may be an off day as the weather is going to he!!. Rain, sleet, snow.......ugh. Where is Spring?

Time for boot camp. I'll check in on you all later!

Hugs!
  #770   ^
Old Mon, Jan-23-17, 05:10

BF:

Good morning all!

Yes You are right Lori- I allowed myself to panic! I have pulled on the big girl panties.
Lori- can get that 5 off- in 4 weeks, if you start TODAY! I have found that snacking seems to make people hungrier. So that would be a good goal, to just eat good dinners.

Blue- looking to here about your vacay!

Trig- If you are like me you are going stir crazy with all this rain and gray skies. I just keep saying spring is around the corner! It really is. Once we blow though Feb. March= spring in the south!
Awesome the kiddo wants to walk with you! Suck it all up now. once she becomes a teen- ...... well maybe yours won't turn into another creature. The good news is however at some point they come back!

Alene- wow you sound happy! Good for you. I also think - at least for me- when I am in a relationship, I am much more inclined to want to get the weight off ASAP! Good thing I am taking a break right now!

Kmom- CapD strong! Where did you come up with the idea of increasing your water? Great plan. Between you - with water, Lori and walking, Trig at ZERO- I think we have all bases covered!

Leeann- so have you recovered from a weekend of festivities? I bet your family is very proud of you and keeping your weight off to boot! I do have a question for you. So how do you clean your IP lid. I have noticed that the lid has a residual smell. But I read we are not supposed to use anything but hot water to rinse. It's kinda gross.

Trig- hey Zero bud. So not to put you on the spot- but being in Keto- just eating meat, I would think BOTH of us would be twigs with that?! I read those success stories- we eat like that???! Just wonder your thoughts on that. It is a real struggle for sure. Maybe because you and I have a very similar metabolism. It just expects no carbs.
Do you have the RV back?
---------------------------------------------
wow- sad about all those people killed due to the storms. We are not used to having those kind of storms this far east. There are a lot of mobile homes in the area- especially the more south GA you go.
I call mobile home parks - Twister magnets! I want some
sun and am sick of the rain!

I shocked the scales haven't moved evening doing soup. Today will be another soup day- tomorrow broth.

Thankfully I am working from home this today. I will go into the office and work a full day tomorrow. I glad for something else to think about.

Ok all- have a wonderful Monday!
  #771   ^
Old Mon, Jan-23-17, 07:39

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Alene, I was a mousey dark blondy/brown color. My hair never 'was a great color' on its own so younger I was blonde, then grew up into that weirder blah color so I started coloring my hair very early. I like my true golden blond color so I just hang with that. It was a shocker when I started seeing the gray coming thru LOL
I will keep dying it as long as I breathe I am not one who is gonna go the gray route in my life, just not me. I am in love with my natural (wink) blond hair HA HA

Jaz, oh I am not sure but I still might have ya beat on the scaredy cat front with med stuff I would be contemplating getting in my car and driving anywhere to escape the hospital LOL BUT in reality they do such great work and SO fast now on any surgeries etc that it is just criminal if you don't go get 'things' fixed when ya can. You should have seen me before my neck surgery long ago. Hell my hubby couldn't control me I was so off the wall scared! But I came out perfect and they fixed me and it was wonderful, as it will be for you.

Calories come into play still. When we eat biological zero carb as perscribed by Dr A on his induction list......kcals are absolutely important also. He says a person eating 1500 cals is gonna lose way faster than a person eating 2000 cals. Simple as that. SO I AM IN the mist of cutting my calories. When I do I lost lbs so easily.....but I 'learned' I can eat big and not gain......so what does my mind say to do....EAT BIG AND NOT GAIN! but sadly I can't stay here to lose so I am in the area now where I am counting kcals and finding a 1200-1400 kcal meal menu and hold to that and see if the lbs start to shift.

Zero carb gives a ton of leeway in eating. You can eat huge and not gain but you can't lose well eating huge So right now I am going back into 'dieting mode', control kcals to a certain amt., hopefully lose these lbs down to goal and see where I stand.

But remember also, your body is under direct attack right now. Nothing you do diet wise is 'real' at all for your body.......after you heal and are so much better you will see and adjust what ya must in your menu. I bet you find your whooshes will be coming like crazy!!! Hold strong, you will come thru this all fine and be so happy it is all fixed!!!

KM, omg that is funny. from so far away my post wakes you up!! that is crazy LOL I got some CapD back also down that stupid scale we go!!

Lori, gosh almighty I am jealous again. 4 weeks and a cruise. oh my!!!! but yea if I was you I would get off whatever ya can before you leave cause you know some small vacation gain IS coming back with ya I am dreaming of all our planned trips coming up, omg my beach time, I need it SO bad

HI ALL

we got the monster storms...the rain last night was insane and just kinda scary in a way. big wind and more but this morning it is all fresh and clean and soggy out side. a 'little' sun peeking thru and tomorrow should be full sun before storms come back
But at least it is rain and not ice/snow. It could be so much worse so I will shut up on it LOL

Kcal control. Simple as that for me. Finding my go to meals as 1200-1400 and holding there. I can eat SO much bigger than that, into the 2000s easily and not gain....but I can't lose at all.
So kcal control is happening now and I will report back on how I do.

Hubby taking kiddo out shopping for ATV helmets. he needs one and she wants one to go with him. He bought that new automatic ATV and now she wants one When he sells the old ATV I might buy her a kid sized atv IF WHEN SHE goes with Dad and finds out she likes it or not and wants to do the ATV parks with him?.....but at least they are gonna head out today and I got the house to me tomorrow we got hair cuts at 10:30 and then kiddo and me will do some walking.

I love the little sun peeking thru today, the birds are flying around like crazy outside my window as I type, AHHH, I feel the storm pressures gone and my sinus is so much more friendly now HAHA

feel good...time to start the day rolling ahead.

great day to everyone!!!
  #772   ^
Old Mon, Jan-23-17, 08:13
Registered Member

Plan: CALP
Stats: 170/169/145 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 4%

Jaz, so sorry about how you were feeling yesterday! It's a big deal, and it's normal to feel anxious. But you got this! Just keep thinking how awesome it's going to be after you're through this and on your way to living without this big issue in your life!! So excited for you! It's always interesting to look back on past dates and relationships. It's good to have some interesting memories. I have learned a lot about myself and about men since my divorce. It will be exciting for you to get back out there once you are healed and feeling great!

Trig, sounds like you have a great plan there! It will be very interesting to see what happens with the calorie change. I bet you'll start seeing some nice whooshes!

Lori, you can get these 5 pounds off! Keep focusing on the cruise, and maybe start planning out your meals at the beginning of the day. Keep the big picture in mind.

Nic and Blue, miss you gals! I'm looking forward to an update!

Kmom, it sounds like you're in the zone. Awesome! What grades do you sub for? Ooh, fresh raspberries. Yum! Yes, it's really great that we eat the same way. It makes it so easy and we have a common language.

Yesterday was really nice. Mr. M and I met for coffee and chatted for an hour or so, and then went to some nearby falls in Olympia, our state capital. Really pretty and the water was rushing fast! Then we went over to a lake near the capital building and walked the trail around it. We took a little segway up the hill to the capital building and went in for a few minutes. It's a really beautiful old building. We got in close to 4 miles, so it was a good walk! We had a very late lunch of a cheeseburger and side salad - no bun. I got home and I was soooo tired! Not physically, but sleepy. When I woke up I was starving. I didn't like the feeling. It made me feel like my blood sugar was wacky. My body is used to regular meal times, and all I had at noon was some mixed nuts. I don't know if that was it, but I just felt kind of off all night. I went to bed early. It kind of feels like my electrolytes are off. But it was a really fun, great weekend, and it feels like we really took some leaps in terms of getting more comfortable with each other. Lots of nice kisses and hand holding, and lots of sharing.

Oh Monday, why must you be here???! Fun-filled weekends are great, but they also kind of leave you feeling like you didn't get that needed down time to be ready for a new week. I love spending time with Mr. M, but it is most definitely an adjustment when I'm used to having the whole weekend as my own. I'm sure we'll get into a flow.

I'm going to get in some yoga and a workout. Hope everyone has a great one.
  #773   ^
Old Mon, Jan-23-17, 15:13

BF:

Trig- I certainly get the whole carbs and calorie thing. Now that I give it some thought I did count both when I dropped my 100. After I had been in maintance for about 6 years I just knew what was ok and what isn't. I still know. I just don't count Kcal yet. Maybe I should and will make more of an real strong effort in the next several weeks. I really want to be thinner come shorts season.
I can really put on the kcal and stay Zero carbs. Steaks and BUTTER add up fast. YUMMMMM- I know! But like you I need to get this train moving again.

Glad to know I am not the only frightened feline! Trust me I would rather be ANYWHERE else Wen. But Thur.- ok maybe Sun. I will be happy I got it done.

Alene- you used the "we" term! Moving right along! Glad you are in such a happy spot!

Lori- I know that cruises are like floating buffets Lol! Ya feel like to got to eat your monies worth! URGHHHH.... yo can do it though!

Blue- Hey- your missed!

Kmom- did you find out how to silent the notifications? I know that TRIG does have the ability to rock the place out- all the way to the other side of the country! They are that good!

Leeann- you must be cleaning up- or collapsed in a chair with a great book!
------------------------------------------------
I am gathering things I will need in the next week. They strongly suggested I stay with my mom for a week after surgery. I don't know if I will be able to be without my place that long and there. I know I will need the help so I am in the middle of a rock and a hard place.
Another pair up big girl panties to pull on and keep my trap shut.
I will play it day by day- I was thinking 3 days max. I just have to see how I feel.

So I saw the surgeon today to go over pre-op. The funny thing he said was that post op if I am not hungry not to worry about it. I had ENOUGH ADIPOS TISSUE TO CARRY ME AWHILE! I said back "WELL.... that was a kind way to say I'm FAT! He did giggle- he could tell I wasn't really mad- just found it funny. He is a really nice man- and I feel very comfortable in his hands, as much as anyone can I guess. I was concerned about my blood pressure and so was he. I could tell he was on the VERG of cancelling the surgery. I assured him it is not normally this high- It is stress induced. He seemed to kick it around- So I said, hey look up my last pressure. He did and he looked really relieved. He did tell me that if after this is over and it's still up I need to see my PCP. I have an appt. Feb. anyway.
But tell me who's blood pressure would not be over the top 48 hours from having your organs ripped from the body! It was 170/96- yikes. I came home and poured a glass of wine- it's now a little lower 130/90. I will watch it. Thank GOD he didn't cancel- don't think I could drag this out another month.

Had crab for lunch, just had too! It will pass quick and not lay there. Soup for dinner. Thinking about some crumbled bacon in it for extra flavor.

So on my way home- I happen to stop at Walmart to pick a few things up. I saw this long flowing soft flowing top - that true makes me look like a preggo- But with leggings and to wear just hanging in the house. I bought it and it's like wearing nothing. It doesn't look too bad- but it's so comfy. Going for that. To just walk the dog- run to store, it's not pj's but comes close. A skinny gal could wear this to the office and look great.

I am still working on Girl on the train and really want to finish it. I am not really into the style of writing- but I need to see how it ends.

Ok- going to go- I'm off for the evening. The rain has FINALLY stopped. Few rays of sun poking through the gray.
  #774   ^
Old Mon, Jan-23-17, 18:07

BF:
Progress:

Water Hounds!
Please check in.
Monday, 1-23-17 K-Mom 5/5
  #775   ^
Old Mon, Jan-23-17, 18:09

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi ya all!

Jaz---Oh man, SO glad your doc didn't cancel! White coat high BP numbers are pretty common. You're SO close now, and I'm glad you're working tomorrow, agree it will keep your mind off things. I can't wait for you to have this whole thing behind you. Not just the surgery, but that whole crappy mess/pain you've been living with. I think you're not going to believe you lived with it that long once you're freed from it.

LOL, no wonder you called them all "sweetie." With a list like that it's just common sense. You had me giggling, girl. But hey, I could match you before I married, as I took my sweet time taking that long walk down the aisle. I think that's what helped me pick the right man in the end, and I bet it will do the same for you. You got married so young you didn't have the chance to evaluate on the basis of experience.

Trig---We are hair twins! Everything you said about your hair, samers. When I was about 13, and everyone else was getting grounded by their moms' for using crappy Summer Blonde, I told my mother I thought my hair color was mousey. She said, "we can fix that!" She put on her rubber gloves and streaked my hair for me, w/real bleach and then toner, which is how it's done. SIGH. She was such a glamor puss. And I've never had "mousey" hair again, and I'm never going grey either. If I had that beautiful silver fox kind of grey showing up, that would be different. But mine will be a dull mousy grey from the little I have seen show up. NOPE.

And, I'm right with you on the calories. I'm shooting for between 1300 and 1500 a day. So glad we're both doing this, feels nice to have your company…it's sure worked for us before.

K-mom---I would LOVE to have lunch with you any old time! We don't need to wait for either of us to lose weight, would just enjoy your company, but understand and respect your feelings and anyway you want to do it is fine with me.

I will begin the water challenge tomorrow. My goal (bottom number?) is three glasses a day. Starting easy on myself as I seem to struggle with this so

Alene---I was wondering where you lived and it was fun to find out it's in the state of Washington. You are are first west coaster here! Where in Washington to do you live? Never been there but heard it is so beautiful.

I love the stuff you're doing w/Mr. M. Active and interesting. This thing is going at a very nice pace, IMO.

I hate that hungry jittery feeling. LOL, whenever I was in love, I would forget to eat and get that feeling. Forget to eat?!?!?! Only love can do that.

Lori---You have a great goal setting event--- a fab cruise coming up. So hop on board w/Trig and I, we'll enjoy the company. Y'know, Trig is right. Something is coming back with you from that cruise and it ain't just souvenirs. So think of it as the preventative 5 pound loss, so at least you'll come home needing to lose 5 instead of 10.

Nic---

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back home a couple of hours ago. We had such a fun time. Weather was gloomy but SO MILD. There we were almost at the Canadian border and it was 40 degrees!

I saw something I've never seen in my life. Waves crashing on the shore with snow on the ground. Lake Superior is the largest of the Great Lakes, which of course never freeze. Still, I would take my coffee out on our balcony in the morning and watch the waves and look at the snow and still think Huh?

K-mom you were so right when you said "Grand Marais is very quaint but not too quaint". I know exactly what you mean. There is no artifice there, no fancy resort community quality, but the beauty of nature there is a gift that can't be built.

We watched 4 movies, each couple brought a few, and they were all good. But my FAVE and a HUGE recommendation, is "The Hundred Foot Journey." OMG, this is a beautiful film with Helen Mirren, who I think is an amazingly talented actor and a great dame. Find it and watch it. You'll thank me for a couple of great hours.

As for the woe, I did better than I usually do on vacations, not perfect, not a hog wilder either. Helped that the couple we were with were on a pretty strict cleanse diet, so there was NO JUNK in the condo, no appetizers, no deserts, even LC ones, but we made two great meals that we could all enjoy. We also had a lovely night out at a lodge in Lutsen, where the food was sublime and a breakfast out as well at a fab cafe. ALL my treats were well prepared good food, no junk. And if I have to go off plan, this is my favorite way to do it.

But now it's over, and I'm not only back on plan, I'm back to my 5 pound challenge. Snap, it's got to happen just like that, the minute I get home. No more vacations for awhile, and I'm very determine to drop a few.
  #776   ^
Old Mon, Jan-23-17, 18:10

BF:
Progress:

Hi everyone!
No, I have not figured out how to turn off the email notifications from this site. It comes every morning about 3:06 AM. I can't silence my phone, because I have deaf kids and if there is an emergency, they need to be able to text me. There has to be a way to say I don't want these notifications. It just says it is from this site and from the thread by Whirrlly and that there have been X numbers of posts recently.

Great day today! I love subbing as a teacher. Alene, I teach deaf students.

Off to make some Zucchini Fritters! My favorite!

Oh, and Jaz....hang in there. Sorry this is so stressful for you. Soon we will be on the other side of it and wishing you a fast recovery!

K-Mom 10x3
  #777   ^
Old Mon, Jan-23-17, 18:15

BF:
Progress:

Blue: I was cross posting with you. Great that you will start the water challenge tomorrow. And I totally understand your bottom number being three. Notice mine is five this time and not six. I struggle so badly with water intake! But we are going to make it a priority and do it!
  #778   ^
Old Mon, Jan-23-17, 18:27

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Quick jump in....have to finish puzzle with kiddo in a sec

KM.....what ya do.......go to your USER CP in that blue line above. first one.........click that and scroll down left side to 'List Subscriptions'..........go in there. Delete the subscription to the thread.

you will receive no notifications from any of our postings now.

BUT if you come into the thread to post as normal, it will subscribe again, so before you leave the site, do the same thing, go in and delete subscription and it won't bother you.

hope that helps
  #779   ^
Old Mon, Jan-23-17, 19:03

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hi everyone!

Glad to hear all is pretty well with all of you.

KMOM I'm still not sure what my numbers are for this Water Hound challenge. I'm going to guess, and say my total number is 1.5- for me that is 1 of my big 36 oz bottles plus an additional half. I'll just guesstimate the best I can. I don't usually drink it dry before I refill it though so it will be a loose tally. I use the big bottle 24x7 now. So for today I guess my goal would be to finish the big bottle tonight and that will put me at 1.5/1.5 if I do.

Last day with the boys home today before they finally go back to a full schedule at school. They had last Monday off, this Monday off and in between they had half days and sometimes only two hours or none at all. Ready for the routine to kick in again!

Had my full body check up today for skin cancer and it was a new practice/dr. She said all looks good. She was less thorough than the person I used to see so I'm not sure if I will stick with her or switch for next year. Still, good to know that all looks well.

Tomorrow is MoW and then Wednesday is the dentist. Busy!

Didn't do real well this weekend but back on track today.
The Cousin Christmas we hosted went very well though- 14 people here and DD21 and DDBF22 came at noon and left at 8:30PM. I was exhausted once they left. On Saturday DH and I took the boys to see Split (which was very good- excellent lead actor) and then he and I also went out on a date that night.

We are talking about going to Disney for our 25th Anniversary next year and doing a vow renewal. Just us.

Struggling with making parenting decisions for DS15 and it is weighing on me. The hard stuff of being a parent sometimes. There are moments I wish I had a crystal ball so I could know if I am doing the right thing or not!

Blue- Glad your trip was fun and good on you for staying on plan.
Jaz- Huge hugs to you. I'd be freaking out- pretty much anyone would. My BP is always insanely high when I go to the DR so I get that. Just keep an eye on it.
Trig-Glad your crappy weather cleared out (we had it today) and the sun is shining through. No more headaches or illness now for you, you hear?
Lori- Get after that five pounds girl, you and me both!
KMOM- will work on the water and glad you are CapD! Hope Trig was able to help you out with the notifications.

Hugs to all.
  #780   ^
Old Mon, Jan-23-17, 19:28

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Nic---

About ready to retire from the computer tonight. LOL, am kind of embracing it as I didn't do it for 4 days. Oh my, we are addicted to our devices, all in our own ways. But I find myself both a bit sad that the fun weekend was over, and also happy to be back in the swing of things.

Just want to say, it sounds like your youngest son is just different from your oldest son…know I'm not telling you anything you don't already know.

But take it from me, as someone who did not have an easy kid, or one that stretched for all the goals I wished he would have, when I wanted him to. BUT, I DID and DO have a kid who's finding his own way, and who now at almost 25, seems to have incorporated much more of what we wanted him to learn and understand, than I ever thought was going to happen. I am sheerly amazed at this sometimes, since he fought so much of it at one time. These days I can't believe the excellent conversations we are having, and how many times he references things we told him a long time ago.

But y'know, he heard us, and he felt our love, and he's going to be just fine. I know that now, didn't then. So…you don't need a crystal ball, you just need to do exactly what you are doing! Loving him up with a mixture of understanding and discipline.

Trust me girlfriend, he WILL make you proud. And he will probably do it in a different way than older son did, and on his own schedule. This is so tough when you aren't sure they're going to "take."

I don't expect anything I say to ease your worries but for maybe just a teensy weensy. Love does not have to be perfect, it just has to be sure and steady and fair most of the time. You've got that covered.
Closed Thread