Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, May-20-02, 22:46

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 162/143/125
BF:
Progress: 51%
Smile Anyone Battling With Atkins And Weight Loss In General?

I STARTED THE ATKINS DIET IN FEBUARY OF THIS YEAR. I DECIDED TO START WHEN MY LOVED ONES STARTED MAKING COMMENTS ABOUT MY WEIGHT GAIN. I HAD ALWAYS DIETED BUT WITH NO SUCESS. BUT I FINALLY GOT TO THE POINT WHERE I COULDNT LOOK AT MY SELF WITH OUT FEELING REALLY DEPRESSED. I NO LONGER WANTED TO BE THE GIRL WITH THE PRETTY FACE! I WANT TO BE THIN I WOULD LOVE TO WEIGH 120-125. I STARTED AT 162 AND GOT DOWN TO 145 BUT ABOUT 2 WEEKS AGO I STARTED TO CHEAT AND I COULDNT STOP IT WENT ON FOR A WEEK AND GAINED 6 POUNDS BACK! I AM NOW BACK ON MY DIET AND HAVE GOTTEN BACK DOWN TO145 WITHIN THE PAST 6 DAYS. I FEEL LIKE I AM YO YO DIETING AND I AM SO SCARED TO GAIN WEIGHT I FEEL LIKE I AM OBSESSED WITH DIETING I THINK ABOUT BEING THIN ALL OF THE TIME. I DONT WANT TO GAIN IS ANY ONE ELSE STRESSIN IT LIKE ME? PLEASE RESPOND?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, May-24-02, 10:04

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 160/152/133
BF:
Progress: 30%

I've got an incredibly similar history to yours - did good and got down to about 140 then, for about 3 weeks, just blew it all off and went back up. I've only restarted this week.

A co-worker who had some success said that she battled her way down to goal and now lets herself do whatever on the week-end but stays strict during the week... not sure if anyone else has done that and been able to maintain though.

Personally, I find I do better when im checking in on some countdown club - any interest in doing a five-week July 4th countdown? I really want to be in the mid 30s by then.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, May-24-02, 10:28

Stats: 161/152/130
BF:
Progress: 29%

I have a similar story. Started in March, lost a quick 10 lbs, then stalled. The stall led to frustration, which led to cheating and weight gain.

I have been back on the Atkins Induction wagon for a little over a week and am starting to see some progress again. It is so much easier to be able to eat as much as I want on Atkins than try to mete out tiny portions of food on other diets, though. I'm in it to succeed!

I would love to do a July 4th countdown! I hope to be in the mid-130's by then...

Good luck!

Kelly
  #4   ^
Old Fri, May-24-02, 11:49

BF:

Very cool! How about starting Monday? If that works for you then the set up is...
May 27th:
June 3rd:
June 10th:
June 17th:
June 24th:
July 1:
I guess my 'official' goal will be 2 lbs/week so 135 by July 1.
  #5   ^
Old Fri, May-24-02, 12:11
Registered Member

Stats: 180/170/140
BF:
Progress: 25%
Default I'm in for the countdown

Great Idea! I took note of the dates and will also count on 2pounds/week...Good luck to all of you!
  #6   ^
Old Fri, May-24-02, 18:50

BF:

Count me in for 2 lbs per week.

We can do it! (Can't we?)

Kelly
  #7   ^
Old Sat, May-25-02, 09:33
Registered Member

BF:
Default I conquered my sweet indulgences

When I was in my early thirties, I underwent a glucose test that revealed hypoglycemia...in those days I was very thin, and learned from the doctor that treated me then that I was malnurished. So for a year I was monitored very closely by this wonderful doctor and learned how to feed myself properly, and in time the awful symptoms of hypoglycemia started to vanish....I was warned then that due to family diabetes on my dad's side, I would have to be careful, to be disciplined...Today I'm 48, going on 49 on June 3 this year, and I came to a big awekaning. I have been like an alcoolic when it comes to my discipline with sweets and carbs...so, this year, after a long battle with weight control and a general slugish feeling, I have realised that, specially at the office, I had this unconsciousness about my hand going into jelly beans bowls, and muffin trays, and tipbits, and what not, all those neat treats left on reception desks, at colleagues desks, after meetings on kitchenette counters...yes, I came to awaken to this naughty little blindness to an innocent gesture, a hand graciously picking up "just a small bite", then another, and another. I would wonder about those mysterious hung-over morning feelings...HA! Its been going on for too long...So, I took a grip on myself and decided to stop this nonesense that will eventually lead me to what I dread most...sickness!!!!! Weight that stalls there or rises...

For the last two months I had a contract at a place with daily goody trails all over the place...Determined to succeed in mastering the addiction that keeps bringing back two steps each time a make one step forward...For two months, each time I would walk by the goody trail, I would firmly inwardly say NO! and at times I would say it real loud "NO!" which made people laugh out loud, but gave me the required discipline to walk away...I would pretend I hated the stuff and couldn't care less...and guess what! DID MASTER THE HAND THAT STRETCHES GRACIOUSLY FOR ONE LITTLE BITE!!!!!

So, all this to say I'm glad to join in this countdown...If for two months I could say no to a sweet nothing that becomes physical discomfort and inches more on my waist, well I can do the rest and live the rest of my life on the low carb regime I was meant to follow all along...

Hang in there everyone, we can do it, one meal at a time...
  #8   ^
Old Sat, May-25-02, 10:36

BF:

Congratulations, Claudia!

It really is difficult at first to give up the sugar and flour. You have won the hardest battle!

I had been trying to eat low fat to control cholesterol. I ate all the processed low-fat food on the market, which only led to weight gain and feeling tired and unsatisfied.

After the first week of Atkins (which was *really* hard for me - I think I was addicted to carbs) I began to get my energy back and started to feel really great. Which makes my own cheats mystifying to me - I know I feel better when I eat right. Maybe old habits die hard?

Anyway, we are all on the right track now. We are armed with the knowledge of how to eat right and I know we will be successful.

Good eating!

Kelly
  #9   ^
Old Mon, May-27-02, 14:01

BF:

Today I am at 146 lbs. No weight lost in the past week.

I am giving up artificial sweetener in the hopes that will break this stall.

Kelly
  #10   ^
Old Mon, May-27-02, 17:57
Registered Member

BF:

I didn't loose this week. But my clothes sure fit better...
  #11   ^
Old Mon, May-27-02, 18:45

Stats: 162/143/125
BF:
Progress: 51%

keep trying guyes i fell the wagon for 3 days now i need to get back on
  #12   ^
Old Mon, Jun-03-02, 04:27
Registered Member

BF:
Smile I LOST 5 POUNDS!!!!!

I love this site...I feel encouraged and motivated to go on and get to my goal : health and a slim me again...
I wanted to add all sorts of little smilies, but I don't have the hand of it yet...lets see...
  #13   ^
Old Mon, Jun-03-02, 06:43

BF:

Nothing lost for me yet - guess I'll try to restart induction, today... Good luck everyone else - 5 pounds! wow!
  #14   ^
Old Mon, Jun-03-02, 08:41

BF:

I'm thinking I may be in the wrong club...I gained a pound, so technically I'm counting up....

I am back on strict induction.

Congratulations Claudia9! 5 lbs is great!
  #15   ^
Old Mon, Jun-03-02, 11:11
Registered Member

Stats: 148/147/125 Female 5' 8
BF:
Progress: 4%

Thats exactly why I started.. my parents would make comments about" oh look how skinny you used to be ??" I also got tired of people saying .. Oh you have such a pretty face and hair.. its like hello there is another 5 feet of me .... OH well just wanted to share that .. Good luck to everyone
Have a SUPER day