Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Advanced/High Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Oct-20-12, 11:59

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 250/200/170 Male 72 inches
BF:
Progress:
Default Routine questions

Hi my exercise routine is 3 days a week MWF unless i miss a day. I jog for 30mins with a 5 min walk cool down and lift weights after. On Mondays I focus on chest exercises, Wednesday arms, Friday legs and core. On off days I do 25 push-ups and 50 sit-ups. I also supplement with Creatine (pill form) workout days I take 6,000mg after workout non workout days only 3,000mg in the morning, L-Carnitine Tartrate 1,000mg, Omega 3,6, 9 fish flaxseed borage oil, and B12 2500 mcg. Currently I haven't lost any weight this go around on Atkins I am thinking I am losing inches and replacing fat with lean tissue. Any suggestions to add more workout days? Extra running on off days?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Oct-27-12, 08:37
Registered Member

Plan: varies - experimenting...
Stats: 248/194/185 Male 6 ft. 2 inches
BF:
Progress: 86%

How strict are you with carbs? Are you able to sustain all that activity on a truly low carb regimen?

Personally, the only way I have been able to lose bodyfat is with going as low carb as possible while tolerating a loss of energy that limits me to just walking and stretching.

I basically restrict my diet to a rotation of : eggs, beef patties, mushroooms, spinach, cheese. This makes me lethargic but does have the effect of slowly but steadily shedding body fat. It's my second go around with atkins, and it seems that result come harder then the first time.

On occasions I go mountain biking, I drink a mix of plain protein whey and maltodextrin, and try to avoid loading up on carbs afterwards. I try to eat only as much carbs as I'm actively burning and accept a lower level of performance than usual.

I have about ten pounds of bodyfat to reach my goal (190 to 180) and once I get there, I 'll rethink my strategy. But in meantime, losing the fat is my only goal.
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Oct-27-12, 10:45
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

Watch out for doing too much aerobic exercise, Phinney/Volek found it can lower RMR by as much as 15%.
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Oct-28-12, 11:48

Plan: IF/Keto/80:20
Stats: 162/150/142 Female 5 feet 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 60%

If weight loss is your goal, it helped me to train fasted first thing in the morning - maybe after just a coffee, I can run up to 13 miles easy like this now. Also, if the rest of your life allows ;-) maybe split your sessions, such as run in the morning then lift weights in the evening with a few hours break between, to stoke up the fat-burning fire? Good luck with finding whatever works for you.
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Nov-22-12, 09:41

Plan: LC, mod p/f, 20% cal def
Stats: 200/167/160 Male 175 cm
BF:35%/14%/8%
Progress: 83%

The creatine + the increase in lean mass and loss of fat would all make it so that your weight stays constant. It may even go up. It may be best to assess with measurements instead of a scale.