Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Candida Yeast & IBS
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Sep-25-10, 14:14

Plan: Candidia
Stats: 220/214/140 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress:
Default I can't give up...please help

I am desperate to say the least.....for almost a year now I have been struggling to figure out what causes my debillitating symptoms...I feel like my life is being ruined.....since last year I have suffered from the following -

dizziness
trouble concentrating
heart palpitations
anxiety attacks
extremely painful knees
recently in the last few weeks I have had digestive problems such as :
extreme abdominal pain
diarrhea almost daily
mucus in stool
sometimes no stool - just mucus in toilet
breathing problems

I have been to a few doctors.....who have told me to seek psychiatic help....or that I may have Chron's disease or depression. I am not buying this at all and am desperate to find a naturopath in my area to try and find out what the heck is going on. Some days I feel like I am going to die...I was recently prescribed antibiotics for my bronch symptoms but I am refusing to take those. I was on a round of antibiotics a few months ago from a cat bite. I have also been on a steroid for over 10 years...(advair) . I feel like I am losing my mind..and my life...any advice? Please...I am 25 years old, and have not had a healthy diet in my life. I do not smoke or drink.. does this sound like candidiasis? I feel like I have had every test in the book...all neg.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Sep-25-10, 15:03
NEVER GIVING UP!

Plan: no sugar/grains LCHF IF
Stats: 478/354/200 Female 5' 9"
BF:excessive!!
Progress: 45%

I've had digestive problems similar to yours since I was 20. I've managed to be rid of pretty much all digestive problems by giving up all grains and gluten. I used to have up to 8 episodes a day of diarrhoea. It didn't stop straight away but a few weeks in, and I've been free of it for about 6 weeks. Regarding the other symptoms I don't know, and can only recommend you get a complete check up.

Lee
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Sep-26-10, 12:41

Plan: Fatty meat
Stats: 135/135/135 Male 166
BF:11%
Progress:

Ease into the paleo diet and then when everything has settled down, test yourself with suspect foods like potatoes, foods containing gluten and other starchy foods but not all at once.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Oct-06-10, 08:07

Plan: Candida diet
Stats: 120/119/112 Female 60 inches
BF:
Progress: 13%

If you've been on antibiotics you may be low in good gut bacteria which can cause digestive probs - start taking a course of probiotics to replenish your levels. I'd start with around 2-4billion for at least two months and see if it helps. You can always increase the dose later if required but its best to start low if you're not used to it, as long as you're taking it regularly.

Also cut back on sugar and carbs to see if it makes a difference.
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Oct-06-10, 08:13

Plan: Very low carb
Stats: 192.2/160/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Maybe Celiac disease?

A clean, no processed foods low carb lifestyle would fix it.