Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Candida Yeast & IBS
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Aug-20-10, 09:21

Plan: N/A
Stats: 140/140/140 Male 5'6"
BF:
Progress:
Default Diflucan/Fluconazole

Does anybody know how long, on an estimate, it takes for Diflucan/Fluconazole to work? I'm taking 100mg. I've been on it for almost two weeks now and have yet to see any improvement. I still have stomach problems, tongue coating, erectile dysfunction, rosacea, etc. I've also been on a strict candida diet for almost six months now.

Last edited by Tom873 : Fri, Aug-20-10 at 09:34.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Aug-20-10, 10:12
Registered Member

Plan: McCombs Plan
Stats: 150/135/150 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress:

Unfortunately I have no experience with Diflucan/Fluconazole. I can testify to incredibly positive results with the Candida Force supplement through the McCombs plan if you want to try that instead. The website is www.mccombsplan.com

I truly hope that you are able to get your symptoms under control soon. I was a sufferer of food sensitivities, IBS, joint pain and had to get up several times per night to use the bathroom. I'm 8 weeks into his 16 week plan and all of my symptoms have dramatically improved. Anyway, good luck to you. Feel free to ask any questions you may have.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Nov-03-10, 22:24

Plan: Atkins, Anti-Candida diet
Stats: 128/121.2/118 Female 5'5"
BF:hip/waist ratio
Progress: 68%

Sean,
how long have you been following The McCombs Plan?
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Nov-04-10, 05:52
Finding the Pieces

Plan: Mishmash
Stats: 365/308.0/185 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 32%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom873
Does anybody know how long, on an estimate, it takes for Diflucan/Fluconazole to work? I'm taking 100mg. I've been on it for almost two weeks now and have yet to see any improvement. I still have stomach problems, tongue coating, erectile dysfunction, rosacea, etc. I've also been on a strict candida diet for almost six months now.

I've heard 1-3 months on 200 mg.
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Nov-04-10, 06:04
Registered Member

Plan: McCombs Plan
Stats: 150/135/150 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonika
Sean,
how long have you been following The McCombs Plan?

I just finished it. The candida symptoms remain gone but the 'leaky gut' is going to take more time, so I'm staying on a sugar free low carb diet until then.
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Nov-05-10, 08:50

Plan: Fatty meat
Stats: 135/135/135 Male 166
BF:11%
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom873
I've also been on a strict candida diet for almost six months now.
Anti candida diets vary so much. A food that is listed as unacceptable on one candida diet will be acceptable on several others. The only way I ever beat candida was to cut out all carbs apart from those in vegetables like courgettes (zucchini), and leafy veg. Even things like carrots were a problem (but this may have been because I very often had them cooked?). I also reluctantly took diflucan at the same time. I say reluctantly because I have not taken any sort of drug for over ten years and I was hoping to keep it that way for as long as possible but I felt like I had no other alternatives after all the years of battling with candida.