Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Candida Yeast & IBS
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Wed, Feb-02-05, 13:33

Plan: none
Stats: 195.5/190./130 Female 5.7
BF:
Progress:
Talking Dry Brushing

Use this brush for only dry brushing , you are not suposed to wet it , mine was picked up at a herbal store , the word's Skin Brush is written on it . I also have a problem with my lymphatic and have for several months , it is painful , along with dry brushing daily I need to jump on a mini trampoline , this also is good for drainage .
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Thu, Feb-03-05, 16:57
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins, Candida friendly
Stats: 215/210/140 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 7%
Default Hollie

Hollie are you taking anything for the lymph system as a supplement/herbal treatment? Wonder if there is anything we can take to help? Blood cleanser??

I will check out our local health food stores to see if they carry a brush like that. If not maybe I can just buy one like I had prior for the shower. Wonder if it comes with litature about dry brushing? I may just look that up on google.

Best wishes for your health!
  #18   ^
Old Sat, Feb-05-05, 09:01

Plan: VERY low!
Stats: 127/127/127 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress:
Default Re: Fluish Upon Exertion

Carol,
Whereas the party line is that exercise releases endorphins, etc., and makes everyone feel great it always exhausted me so much that I had to take a nap afterwards. You're the first person I've ever heard agree with me.
I got used, over the years, to docs looking at me like either they didn't believe me or I was crazy. Various ones told me to exercise and when I told them that I was too tired and/or didn't have time because I'd have to take a nap afterwards I could tell that they just couldn't believe me!! (But, then, I if I'd had their energy I, too, could have gone to med school!!! )
I don't know whether my allergies are just so much better (It could have been inhalents that caused the fatigue and I do take shots), my yeast situation is so much better (been dealing with it for 25 yr.), or what -- but I can walk 2 1/2 miles now with no ill effects and try to do so every other day. If I feel too tired to do it, I lie down for 20 min. first. It's great for my attitude, too!!!
Blessings,
Artful
  #19   ^
Old Sat, Feb-05-05, 16:33
Registered Member

BF:
Default Artufl

Wow you have been dealing with Candida for 25yrs? That is a LONG time you poor thing.

My allergies havent given me a break yet BUT I just started to deal with this Candida thing in Aug of 2004 so it will take some time. I have read that it can take a month for every year you have been ill to become well. Geez that will bring me until Aug or so of this year to really feel better I guess.

I really wish I could just get over this tired feeling. Like you, I have to sometimes take a nap after exercise! I feel so foolish. I just started to feel better again so I will try my Walk away the pound tapes. That is low key and hopefully doesnt aggrivate my system to much!

What are you doing for your Candida? I am trying just about everything and really want to loose my weight. This really stinks.

Have a great weekend!
  #20   ^
Old Wed, Feb-09-05, 15:28

Plan: my own
Stats: 153/153/0 Male 5'-8"
BF:
Progress:

I don't understand why, if you are suffering with a yeast problem, you would continue to try to eat sugars and starches. Doesn't make a lot of sense to me. When I had Candida, I just stayed off that stuff. Not to seems to be shooting your self in the foot then wondering why it hurt.
  #21   ^
Old Thu, Feb-10-05, 11:01

BF:
Progress:
Default Re Sugar and Starches

Quote:
Originally Posted by jondy
I don't understand why, if you are suffering with a yeast problem, you would continue to try to eat sugars and starches. Doesn't make a lot of sense to me. When I had Candida, I just stayed off that stuff. Not to seems to be shooting your self in the foot then wondering why it hurt.

I am not having sugar and have not for a while now , in regards to starches some are allowed , I have looked at all my options avalible and I read the ingredents to everything , I occasionally have a brown rice pasta or wild rice pasta , but mostly I eat meat , salads , vegetables and the fruits I am allowed . If you restrict your Candida diet to much you are more likely to cheat or go off the diet . I am planning to remain on it so I am looking into all the options . There is many things that can be eaten . The only "sugar" I have is Raw honey , I was only using the 1/4 tsp daily with my aloe vera gel because I was instructed to do so , when I did not need the aloe vera gel I stopped using it compleatly , then my blood sugar dropped , and then again I was told to use it till my pills kicked in . I have been able to kick my Candida in the butt so I can't be doing much wrong .
  #22   ^
Old Fri, Feb-11-05, 09:14

Plan: my own
Stats: 153/153/0 Male 5'-8"
BF:
Progress:

Glad to hear you've kicked your Candida in the butt. I've heard of quite a number of cases that didn't respond where there was any simple sugar in the diet. For stubborn cases, that usually is the only way. Also bear in mind that once you've had Candidiasis, it can come back if you aren't careful. That's why a long series of enemas is generally part of the treatment.
  #23   ^
Old Sat, Feb-12-05, 21:45

BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol R
Hollie are you taking anything for the lymph system as a supplement/herbal treatment? Wonder if there is anything we can take to help? Blood cleanser??

I will check out our local health food stores to see if they carry a brush like that. If not maybe I can just buy one like I had prior for the shower. Wonder if it comes with litature about dry brushing? I may just look that up on google.

Best wishes for your health!

Actually my herbal lady has me on LYM-Mx(specific brand Nature's Sunshine really good stuff ) which has in it beta-carotene , vit c ,vit b-6 ,vit D3,magnesium in a base of Cliver's herb,alfalfa,chamomile flowers,echinacea purpurea,parthenium,siberian ginseng ,yarrow ,lecithin,garlic bulb,sodium copper chlorophyllin and CoQ10,plus a blood cleaner BP as the lymphatic will dump into the blood as it has no other exit out . I listed the herbs but some other companys may use other things . There is also lymphatic cream it comes in a small jar and a little goes a long way . The one I have used in the past and ordered again today (from the local herbal store) is from a company called Genestra I only know of them being in Canada but don't take my word for it , they have an excellent product line too!! . You can manually massage the lymph nods at the back and front of the ear with the cream , you may also use essential oil mixture that you make up yourself with a (eg:almond oil )carrier oil there are many , I added in clove bud , pine needle , tea tree . Make a small amount at a time about 3 tablespoons , it will discolor over time and not be as strong , put about 2-4 drops of each oil listed or other if you like , but the above are good for infection and getting it moving . You are dry brushing right ? My hair dresser keeps telling me my skin is looking great , I skin brush my face also , I shared what I was doing , I also started two weeks ago the 3 Omega's . This lady I know (Iridologist also)who is older her children are older than me(34) and her skin , her face man beautiful , very healthy I swear her face looks younger than me and people cart me sometimes . They are suposed to have a face one but I only have the one right now .
  #24   ^
Old Sat, Feb-12-05, 21:55

BF:
Progress:
Talking Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol R
Wow you have been dealing with Candida for 25yrs? That is a LONG time you poor thing.

My allergies havent given me a break yet BUT I just started to deal with this Candida thing in Aug of 2004 so it will take some time. I have read that it can take a month for every year you have been ill to become well. Geez that will bring me until Aug or so of this year to really feel better I guess.

I really wish I could just get over this tired feeling. Like you, I have to sometimes take a nap after exercise! I feel so foolish. I just started to feel better again so I will try my Walk away the pound tapes. That is low key and hopefully doesnt aggrivate my system to much!

What are you doing for your Candida? I am trying just about everything and really want to loose my weight. This really stinks.

Have a great weekend!
Has your tiredness been since you went on the Candida diet? I myself went off all sugar yeast except for the 1/4 tsp of raw honey , then when I did not need it (honey)for mixing with aleo gel , I went off it , well my sugar went low , I was so tired man , I was napping also , I called my friend and she said Chromium to balance blood sugar (I had to do the raw honey for 1 week also ) if you are not allready taking it , within a few days I felt myself again .
  #25   ^
Old Sat, Feb-12-05, 22:00

BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jondy
Glad to hear you've kicked your Candida in the butt. I've heard of quite a number of cases that didn't respond where there was any simple sugar in the diet. For stubborn cases, that usually is the only way. Also bear in mind that once you've had Candidiasis, it can come back if you aren't careful. That's why a long series of enemas is generally part of the treatment.
How did you make out with your case , was it a while ago ? How long did you end up on it (Candida diet) if you went off ? How do you feel now(health)? I actually think most people have it and don't even know it .
  #26   ^
Old Tue, Feb-15-05, 19:43
Registered Member

BF:

Hi Hollie,
I have been tired for quiet some time. Probably for the last 3 years. I dont think its due to my diet. I suffer with CFIDS/Fibromalgia. That seems to wear anyone down who has it. I have my good days and bad. After the birth of my daughter things got so much worse. I take tons of supplements to help. I was just put on Diflucan..well the generic form...and I am in severe die off. It comes and goes.

Glad you found your help in the Chromium!